Austin_yeahbaby

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S, replaced my 911 ;-)
Country flag
That Taycan right front wheel is completely facing the wrong way, that will not buff out.

Maybe they thought they bought this model with built in wings.

At least everyone walked away

Porsche Taycan Taycan Lands on Roof of Another Car in Home Crash chitty-chitty-bang-bang-1
Sponsored

DragonRR

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Had a Taycan TTS, now have an Aston DBS, RR SVR, F-Type S, Ford Ranger Wildcat
Country flag
Happened to me when I first past my test.. some ... ahem... years ago. I was in a queue of traffic at some lights. Had a mate in the back, turned around to brag about the stereo I'd just put in with its whopping 20watts of power, foot slipped off clutch and I was into the back of the car in front before you could say "the 1980s were a bit shite".

It is just a mistake. The driver will be gutted.

taycantom

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2018 Tesla Model X, 2020 Taycan 4S+
Country flag
So ... here's the scoop from someone who says they are from the area.
Driver took delivery of car 2 hrs prior to this episode.
Was at friends house to show it to them.
Had the car in brake 'hold'.
Reached to back seat to grab an item and hit the accelerator by accident while twisting around to turn back.
Being new to the car's power, did not react in time.
This aligns with the PCNA statement:

"We are grateful for the chance to respond. This incident occurred in the UK several weeks ago – we’re relieved to hear from our colleagues in England that no one was harmed. Safety is at the core of everything we do at Porsche and the Taycan was designed from the ground up with this in mind. We deny the allegations contained within this story in the strongest possible terms and find its message misleading. This was an accident, believed to be caused by the driver inadvertently depressing the accelerator while the car was in ‘drive’ as he reached for something behind him – an unfortunate and unforced driver error. There is no evidence to suggest that there was any fault with the car of any kind. Again, we’re relieved to hear that the driver was unharmed. We take our responsibility for the safety of anyone in or around one of our cars extremely seriously."

https://jalopnik.com/heres-everything-wrong-with-the-porsche-taycan-in-one-c-1845727689

Dee

First Name
Dee
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
A lot
It can happen to anyone but it happened to him / her. :surprised:
Tell me about it...
My car was rear-ended at the day of delivery, 86km of fun turned into a nightmare by some dude texting...
€14K of damage, only cosmetic, luckily.
Still, had to wait another 2 months cuz parts were scarce at that time...
Worst day of my life.
I can certainly imagining the guy must feel awful...

4SJB

First Name
Jonathan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4SCT Mini Cooper S Audi A4 3.0 TDI
Country flag
I for one feel very sorry for the guy. S**t happens, but you do not want it to happen in your new £100k + Porsche the day you pick it up.

Moral of this story:

Let your mates come to you to see your new car, especially if they have a steep drive.

bootsie

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan Turbo, Golf GTI 16v
Country flag
I'm not quite sure if you are trying to be funny or something and obviously you don't know where I'm coming from.
Please don't judge things you know nothing about.
Thank you.
Yes I was (hence the ;) ). I guess I didn't read with the seriousness you intended. My apologies if I caused offence.

Dee

First Name
Dee
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
A lot
Yes I was (hence the ;) ). I guess I didn't read with the seriousness you intended. My apologies if I caused offence.
It shows you can't relate to other people's misery, although it's "just a car", for me it's much more than that but I'm ok now.
Apology accepted.
Let's remove our comments about this misunderstanding.
Have a nice day Bootsie! :)

Vim Schrotnock

First Name
Vim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
GTB1 Race Cayman, Taycan Turbo S
Country flag
It shows you can't relate to other people's misery, although it's "just a car", for me it's much more than that but I'm ok now.
Apology accepted.
Let's remove our comments about this misunderstanding.
Have a nice day Bootsie! :)
I think we can all relate. That's about the worst thing that can happen to a new car. I might have a close second. I put 107,000 miles on why Panamera GTS and just loved that car. A couple years ago I had it in the shop and they offer a 'valet service' to pickup and drive the car back to you. I was having a bad day at work, and home, so I went to the park and just sat on a bench overlooking the lake thinking '...at least nothing bad can happen now...'. It wasn't 5 minutes later that I got a phone call - it was the Porsche dealer saying my car had been in an accident while it was being driven back to me, and the entire right side was damaged.

The guy probably thought I was crazy because after a few seconds, I actually started laughing. Here I was thinking that I'd just chill in the park so nothing else could happen that day, and then I get this call. It was a laugh or cry choice...?

Dave T

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2020 Taycan Turbo
Country flag
Well there is one unusual feature of the Taycan that did contribute to the accident. I'm talking about how it kinda-sorta puts the car in "park" if you push down on the brake pedal and release it. It's kinda-sorta because the car will move again if you hit the accelerator, unlike what happens when you put it in park. I'm sure we've all accidentally hit the accelerator on a car after putting it in park. Can't do that with the Taycan! I think the Tesla is the same? Probably lots of similar accidents with the Tesla. I like the braking feature, but we have to be careful!

daveo4EV

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Cayenne Hybrid, 911(s) GT3/Convertable
Country flag
accidents happen - sometimes it’s someone’s fault but it really isn’t - if you know what i mean - my measure is if it’s only property damage then we’re all lucky - things can be fixed or forgotten - people damage is more concerning - and from all accounts no one was injured so this accident is a high class accident - no real damage other than to property and a story to tell…

this coming from ”that guy” that has put a 911 on it’s roof in 2011…again no real damage other than property - move on— nothing to see here.

Vim Schrotnock

First Name
Vim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
GTB1 Race Cayman, Taycan Turbo S
Country flag
accidents happen - sometimes it’s someone’s fault but it really isn’t - if you know what i mean - my measure is if it’s only property damage then we’re all lucky - things can be fixed or forgotten - people damage is more concerning - and from all accounts no one was injured so this accident is a high class accident - no real damage other than to property and a story to tell…

this coming from ”that guy” that has put a 911 on it’s roof in 2011…again no real damage other than property - move on— nothing to see here.
Yes, happens to the best of us. I remember a Porsche track event several years ago, and we were having an instructors meeting on the second floor and someone shouted "...Dave, its that your car??!!" and pointed out the window. We all watched and held our breath as Daves Porsche rolled slowly backwards out of his spot in the paddock and picked up speed as it crossed the paddock road onto the opposite side where the other cars were parked. It slid right into an open spot between two cars and stopped, just like someone was driving it...:like:

Sometimes things work out, sometimes not...

snstevens

First Name
Sam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S
Country flag

Well said Dave - well said...
Sponsored