Taycan lease numbers

ewright

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
MS, M3
Country flag
Hi all: I’ve been an avid reader, but this is my first post on the forum. I’d like to place an order this week for a RWD Taycan. I’ve got my spec picked out, with an MSRP of approx $89,000.

I reached out to Porsche of Atlanta, and they are quoting me $1900 a month for a 36 month lease/12k miles, a money factor of (.003!), with a FICO score of 810+ and a residual of $47000 (52%).

Needless to say, these numbers are garbage. Im trying to figure out whether these are Porsche NA numbers and they simply want to discourage customers from leasing the Taycan, or if this dealer in particular is trying to make a killing on this deal.

What numbers (residual/money factor) are you guys being offered for a 36 month lease? Can anyone recommend a better dealership or salesperson?
Sponsored

mc9er

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Porsche Taycan 4S, 2021 Audi Q7
Country flag
I lease a 2021 $131k Taycan 4s. 39 mo, 12k per year, and my payments are ~$1,850 per month. Negotiated $7,000 off the car and got the $7,500 tax credit discount as well. Total price after those was $116,500. Like I said… $1,850 per month.

Check another dealer!

rich_r

First Name
RIch
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Range Rover sport
Country flag
Pretty sure the base money factor is .0020.. so that marked up Mf is adding atleast 100/month by itself. My guess is that they offered no discount either. Pretty hard to get a 90k car to lease for that much!

submatrix

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Taycan
Country flag
I'm leasing a 98k RWD at .002 MF with a payment of about $1680 with minimum down, 10k miles. So yeah, that dealer has terrible rates. Took delivery 1 month ago.

GG77

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S, Cayenne S
Country flag
MF for base Taycan (RWD) here in SoCal was quoted as 0.002, Residual Value at 50% and
$99,400 Porsche MRM for a 36mth/15k lease

Mr.Smith

First Name
PaulS
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
RS E-Tron GT, VW ID.4 Pro
Country flag
Not sure why the residual isnt over 55%
Turbo with 36/12k is 48%

Aren't the Panameras residuals in the mid 60s?

SeanY

First Name
Sean
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Ordering 2021 Taycan RWD
Country flag
This is the worst time to buy or lease any car. The Porsche dealers mark up $5k~$10k from MSRP. Demand is way over supply atm, so finding a good deal would be near impossible.

My lease number is:
$1500/month with $3500 due at sign. $100500 RWD. 36month, 7500miles/year. 54% residual.

GG77

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S, Cayenne S
Country flag
To be fair, I haven't seen any of the dealers I've been to mark up price above MSRP (assuming MSRP = configurator price). There's less discounts to be had for sure and they are playing around with the MF as far as they can get away with it. Best I've been able to do discount wise is less 3% off MSRP for a 4S on the lot.

tibiafx1

First Name
AC
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S Chalk with Stealth wrap
Country flag
Hi all: I’ve been an avid reader, but this is my first post on the forum. I’d like to place an order this week for a RWD Taycan. I’ve got my spec picked out, with an MSRP of approx $89,000.

I reached out to Porsche of Atlanta, and they are quoting me $1900 a month for a 36 month lease/12k miles, a money factor of (.003!), with a FICO score of 810+ and a residual of $47000 (52%).

Needless to say, these numbers are garbage. Im trying to figure out whether these are Porsche NA numbers and they simply want to discourage customers from leasing the Taycan, or if this dealer in particular is trying to make a killing on this deal.

What numbers (residual/money factor) are you guys being offered for a 36 month lease? Can anyone recommend a better dealership or salesperson?
Agree that you are getting TOTALLY gamed!

Which dealer- Perimeter or Hennessy?

Check out the link below for Edmunds forum for accurate lease MF and residuals. Just post your values and there are insiders that will give you up to date, real quotes from PFS.

https://forums.edmunds.com/discussions/tagged/porsche/taycan

Agree that your money factor should not be above .002. As you may know, term and annual miles will affect residual. Typical residual for 12k is 53% and 51% for 15k with 36 mo term.

OP
OP

ewright

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
MS, M3
Country flag
Agree that you are getting TOTALLY gamed!

Which dealer- Perimeter or Hennessy?

Check out the link below for Edmunds forum for accurate lease MF and residuals. Just post your values and there are insiders that will give you up to date, real quotes from PFS.

https://forums.edmunds.com/discussions/tagged/porsche/taycan

Agree that your money factor should not be above .002. As you may know, term and annual miles will affect residual. Typical residual for 12k is 53% and 51% for 15k with 36 mo term.
Appreciate everyone’s replies and advice, the quote I got was from Perimeter. I get that it’s a seller’s market, but $1900 a month for a 90k car is insane.

I’m realistic and understand that there aren’t great discounts to be had in this market. I just hope to find a reasonable dealer that is willing to sell me the car at MSRP without marking up the money factor, which may be harder said than done with the current supply/demand imbalance.

TycanNewHampshire

First Name
TG
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tycan 4S
Country flag
Porsche's 'buy-rate' is 0.002MF, depending on credit, they make a marginal gain at 0.0022, 0.0024, or 0.0028, Porsche Financing can't go below their 'buy-rate' and 0.002 MF is the best you can do.
Some do offer 'up front payment' with a slight discount to pay all the lease payments ahead of time, but this is dealer dependent.
Be sure that all the 'extra's' are paid for out of pocket and not rolled into the lease (wheel coverage, PPF, ceramic, etc.) as you don't want to apply the interest to these 'purchases'.
Their lease sheets are challenging and not transparent. Do your own numbers, ensure that you include delivery costs, get the EV rebate to subtract from the vehicle price, etc. As once it is filed, it is what it is.

PDACPA

First Name
PDA
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Taycan RWD, 1989 911 Carrera
Country flag
Dealers are offering small % off new. All I spoke with before my purchase (mostly east coast) were not pricing above MSRP.

OP
OP

ewright

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
MS, M3
Country flag
Porsche's 'buy-rate' is 0.002MF, depending on credit, they make a marginal gain at 0.0022, 0.0024, or 0.0028, Porsche Financing can't go below their 'buy-rate' and 0.002 MF is the best you can do.
Some do offer 'up front payment' with a slight discount to pay all the lease payments ahead of time, but this is dealer dependent.
Be sure that all the 'extra's' are paid for out of pocket and not rolled into the lease (wheel coverage, PPF, ceramic, etc.) as you don't want to apply the interest to these 'purchases'.
Their lease sheets are challenging and not transparent. Do your own numbers, ensure that you include delivery costs, get the EV rebate to subtract from the vehicle price, etc. As once it is filed, it is what it is.
Am I correct in my understanding that the $7500 tax credit is subtracted directly from the MSRP when calculating lease numbers?

TycanNewHampshire

First Name
TG
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tycan 4S
Country flag
Am I correct in my understanding that the $7500 tax credit is subtracted directly from the MSRP when calculating lease numbers?
I think that is for debate on how you structure your lease. It can (in theory) be reduced and subtracted from Gross Capitalized Cost, or can be on the line-item for 'rebates/non-cash credits' to reduce the 'downpayment' that is needed at a certain value to secure the lease. Either way, it is a true $7500 savings at the time of purchase that you don't have to submit for/wait for rebate check/wait for tax filings. It is a nice little perk that the US is offering, especially since you are not essentially 'buying it'.
I still don't quite know all the fine-print on why this is available for leased vehicles, but was another reason why I leased for the first time in my life. This and Moore's Law, got me thinking that flipping this by getting out of a lease and walking away will be much easier than 'selling' when Porsche's next model-upgrade/tech-upgrade comes out. I am hoping that the next 2-3 years will be massive tech improvements and thinking Porsche will wait around this same period and make a big 'hardware' upgrade and then offer more OTA/Software upgrades.
The idea, for me, is bridge this T-0 to T-3 with the lease and then spec/purchase the next one and hold on to it for up to 200k miles. I have been trying to find a vehicle that I can do this with for quite some time. The last one I tried was with a Passat TDI when the new models came out. Bought the diesel to drive it into the ground. Then about 2-3 years later, they bought it back with 'diesel gate' and I only lost $3.5k from when I bought it new! That was basically 3-yeas of a free car, which led into a series of other cars and finally to the Taycan. We will see if I can get back on my flawed-master-strategy and all my crystal-ball reading actually comes to fruition this time?
Sponsored