Taycan lease numbers

hshm

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S
Country flag
I generally lease my cars but, when I did the math, I felt it was financially irresponsible to lease the Taycan. The MF and residual are pretty lousy.

Interest rates are so low that can make the same payment for another 1-2 years and own the car outright. I financed my Taycan through Bank of America on a 2.25% APR loan.
Sponsored

Mr.Smith

First Name
PaulS
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
RS E-Tron GT, VW ID.4 Pro
Country flag
Understood. Re Porsche's MRM, the actual MSRP amount for an Optioned car thats above said MRM is counted toward cash down or figures into the lease as well?
For a Turbo the MRM is $183.600, Turbo S $213.500.
The MRM is based on the MSRP and doesnt factor any discounts. Porsche Irvine has a 2020, new Turbo for $192.710, but the discounted price is $179k. You would have to put the difference of $9,110 out of your pocket, in addition to anything DAS.

GG77

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S, Cayenne S
Country flag
For a Turbo the MRM is $183.600, Turbo S $213.500.
The MRM is based on the MSRP and doesnt factor any discounts. Porsche Irvine has a 2020, new Turbo for $192.710, but the discounted price is $179k. You would have to put the difference of $9,110 out of your pocket, in addition to anything DAS.
Ah understood.

RCorsa

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan TTS, F8, Urus S , Raptor R, X5, Tesla M3P
Country flag
Wow a money factor of .0032 is nearly 8% interest which is super expensive especially since financing rates are closer to 2%. Typically those high rates are e only seen with companies like Premier financial who “lease” Ferraris and other exotics with high balloon payments on the back end for business owners that’s are trying to write off an exotic car.

GG77

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S, Cayenne S
Country flag
Wow a money factor of .0032 is nearly 8% interest which is super expensive especially since financing rates are closer to 2%. Typically those high rates are e only seen with companies like Premier financial who “lease” Ferraris and other exotics with high balloon payments on the back end for business owners that’s are trying to write off an exotic car.
For sure. I got quoted all sorts of nonsense by several dealers around California lol.

farazkhu2

First Name
Fa Fa
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
BMW 750i, Taycan
Country flag
For sure. I got quoted all sorts of nonsense by several dealers around California lol.
The standard answer I got from multiple dealers was that it is something Porsche decides, and they cannot change it. That kind of leave no room to negotiate, they insist that they cannot change that since it is decided by Porsche and they have no say in it. Which might be true but there is always a room.

Have you heard the similar stories?

GG77

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S, Cayenne S
Country flag
The standard answer I got from multiple dealers was that it is something Porsche decides, and they cannot change it. That kind of leave no room to negotiate, they insist that they cannot change that since it is decided by Porsche and they have no say in it. Which might be true but there is always a room.

Have you heard the similar stories?
Porsche financial gives out the RV/MRM. The MF is whatever the dealer can get away with above the buy rate, most recently that being 0.002 here in SoCal. Anything over is them padding it.

Play a couple of dealer quotes against each other and insist on seeing the complete breakdown of the financing sheet, as in what charges and costs are included where as well as MF listed. They can't play with the Residual or MRM but they do with the money factor.

jkjjpc

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2020 BMW X5 40i, 2020 Tesla Model 3 Performance
Country flag
When I considered leasing our 2021 4S by my calculations the residual value of the car would need to be less than 40% after three years to make leasing a better deal financially than buying/financing. And that math was based on a 7% discount on MSRP and the buy rate for the MF of 0.002, not the inflated rates that are being quoted. So, we bought the car instead of leasing. It was a new experience for me since prior cars had all been BMWs and there you can get pretty good lease deals with higher RV and much lower MF, which could be lowered even further by paying a fully refundable multiple security deposit up front. Porsche is clearly not trying to compete in that marketplace.

PDACPA

First Name
PDA
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Taycan RWD, 1989 911 Carrera
Country flag
I just heard back from a dealer stating that they have no more 2021 Taycan allocations, and that the MSRP for 2022 Taycan's is going up b $2500. Can anyone confirm that this information is accurate?
Base went up $2,800 '21-'22

Chris8536

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S (Sold) X7 M50i (sold) cayenne GTS coupe
Country flag
This is the worst time to buy or lease any car. The Porsche dealers mark up $5k~$10k from MSRP. Demand is way over supply atm, so finding a good deal would be near impossible.

My lease number is:
$1500/month with $3500 due at sign. $100500 RWD. 36month, 7500miles/year. 54% residual.
By comparison I got those rates and payment on a 4S just 6 mo ago

F16HTON

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
992 Carrera, Taycan RWD
Country flag
When I considered leasing our 2021 4S by my calculations the residual value of the car would need to be less than 40% after three years to make leasing a better deal financially than buying/financing. And that math was based on a 7% discount on MSRP and the buy rate for the MF of 0.002, not the inflated rates that are being quoted. So, we bought the car instead of leasing. It was a new experience for me since prior cars had all been BMWs and there you can get pretty good lease deals with higher RV and much lower MF, which could be lowered even further by paying a fully refundable multiple security deposit up front. Porsche is clearly not trying to compete in that marketplace.

I think you calculations may be way off. 40% residual would be absolutely horrible. Perhaps you meant 60% (which is closer to a 911 residual)?

Buy rate on MF at Porsche is 0.0020 which is pretty sucky, but for my situation, I do not care as I lease the cars, assign the cars at as a business expense on the balance sheet and return them every 24 months. That is my gig and I would not expect others to do the same.

Ultimately if someone were to purchase, Porsche Financial would be the last place they should even consider as the rates are no where near as competitive as anything from a local to national credit union. (assuming you did not purchase outright, however the $100K spent on a Porsche can earn more than the 1.5% to 2% current rates even with conservative investments)

I would imagine that getting a 7% discount in today's climate would be pretty difficult, unless you have a great relationship with you dealer or you are giving them a car for which they can offset the discount offered.

I cannot fault the Porsche dealers for the way business is being conducted today, customers are willing to pay well over the established market prices for both used and new cars.

I see 2017 base 718 Boxster's getting bought back at the dealer right now (low mileage) and being sold at exactly what they had sold for originally ($70K).

I also see 9191.2 Carerra's with low mileage being brought back prior to lease return and being sold for $10-15K over the original MSRP.

My dealership has offered to buy our Taycan RWD for $5K over what we paid them, which would net a $12,500 profit to us so they can resell to a customer that wants out car. We only have 700 miles on the ODO.

They have also offered to buy my 992 for full MSRP with 5K miles on the ODO (however they would want me to pay to have the stock suspension put back on outside the dealer).

I believe the market will adjust in about 9 months (3X the 3 month shortage on the semiconductors) and those who paid a premium price will enjoy their cars real much because they wanted them so bad.

My wife and I are seriously considering selling our cars back, but then what would we buy? We only bought the Taycan and 992 as a treat/vanity/luxury good. We have always owned Porsches and would then just need to buy another.

DGT

First Name
Don
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
992 Targa 4S, '21 Cayenne S, '21 Taycan 4S
Country flag
I recently had the numbers run for my 4S which is arriving soon and is relatively heavily optioned. I don't recall the exact numbers but the residual value was ridiculous, and made worse by the fact that the RV is calculated off a maximum MSRP of around $129,500. Anything above that on your build is entirely lost. So buying turned into a no-brainer.

Mr.Smith

First Name
PaulS
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
RS E-Tron GT, VW ID.4 Pro
Country flag
I recently had the numbers run for my 4S which is arriving soon and is relatively heavily optioned. I don't recall the exact numbers but the residual value was ridiculous, and made worse by the fact that the RV is calculated off a maximum MSRP of around $129,500. Anything above that on your build is entirely lost. So buying turned into a no-brainer.
4s residual Is around 51%
Based on 36/12k the turbo is 48%, Turbo S 45%.

These numbers are not that bad for an EV. Porsche will compensate with discounts

The Audi E-Tron GT is 54%, RS 55%, which is very high for a first year EV.

Tesla Model Y 36/10k 55% (Tesla initially didn't give a residual to the Model 3 lease because it was supposed to be part of the Robotaxi fleet)

EVs won't get 70% residual like a BMW that gives you these unbelievably low monthly payments.

If you believe the car wont lose as much value in 3 years as the bank is predicting, you can always sell the car for more or just buy it back. If you want to keep your Taycan for more than 3 years, than leasing makes no sense.

Last edited:

zer0t

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Taycan 4S
Country flag
I was able to get 3k off MSRP plus the 7500 tax credit and lease a 135k 4s 3/36 for 1998/month no additional cash down (DMV + first payment)

maddie

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S (ordered)
Country flag
For 2021, does anyone know the MRM for 4S w/ Performance Battery Plus ? I have a highly spec’d 4S, but the lease numbers seem absolutely crazy to me.

>>$20K out of pocket and the $7500 federal rebate is in there.
Selling price $142,332.30

$1,956 X 39 months @ 7,500 miles per year
$1,990 X 39 months @ 10,000 Mike’s per year

I think residual is 52%. But when I calculate, the car is costing me $40k more if i lease. How does it even make sense ?

my is a 2022, but I still wanted to see what the 2021 numbers were and what I should expect
Sponsored