dugbug

First Name
Doug
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
bmw 228i, X3
Country flag
Hi, Im trying to price out very similar builds of Taycans that I like from base to GTS. Basically to see what the price differences are. The highlighted one below is the one I am leaning towards.

I was wondering what a GTS may offer that is worth 12.5K? Note I am a BMW person and this is my first Porsche so the configuration stuff blew my mind.
Also what do you think of the configuration of the yellow row? Is there stuff I can take out or should add?

Porsche Taycan Taycan model questions (and build codes).  Any help appreciated 1662819402888

(column second to last is the price increase from the previous row)

Porsche Taycan Taycan model questions (and build codes).  Any help appreciated 1662675871567
Porsche Taycan Taycan model questions (and build codes).  Any help appreciated 1662819855118

Can a car get any more beautiful....

Last edited:

Trogdors_Peasant

First Name
K
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2020 Taycan 4s, 2022 AMG SL63
Country flag
You don't have a a like/like config between the 4s with perf package and the GTS,

Differences from a quick read through that are on the GTS but not on the 4s
  • Leather Interior
  • Thermally and noise insulated glass
  • 18 way seats
  • sport design package in gloss black (GTS package on GTS, but this is similar)
  • LED Matrix headlights in Black
  • Model designation on rear in black

Last edited:

BurntToast

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
1986 944 turbo and 2022 Taycan GTS (soon)
Country flag
GTS comes with turbo hardware that's essentially tuned down. Assumingly better hardware.

GTS also has the PORSCHE letters in black in the tail light.

I have a GTS and prefer the 4s tail lights and side skirts. GTS is just black without some body color options.

OP
OP
dugbug

dugbug

First Name
Doug
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
bmw 228i, X3
Country flag
You don't have a a like/like config between the 4s with perf package and the GTS,

Differences from a quick read through that are on the GTS but not on the 4s
  • Leather Interior
  • Sound and UV glass
  • 18 way seats
  • sport design package
thanks for your feedback. I only made them identical in ways I perceived to be what I want. it was because I didn't think those were necessary things. I got the partial leather interior but have gone back and forth on that. The UV glass would be good though as Im in FL.

daveo4EV

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Cayenne Hybrid, 911(s) GT3/Convertable
Country flag
Hi, Im trying to price out very similar builds of Taycans that I like from base to GTS. Basically to see what the price differences are. The highlighted one below is the one I am leaning towards.

I was wondering what a GTS may offer that is worth 12.5K? Note I am a BMW person and this is my first Porsche so the configuration stuff blew my mind.
Also what do you think of the configuration of the yellow row? Is there stuff I can take out or should add?
View attachment 43130
(column second to last is the price delta between the previous row)

1662675871567.png
Porsche "knows" what it's doing here they are masters at this - typically they slice/dice it very precisely in that the Model 'below' the model 'above' can never quite be optioned to be identical but super close to the model above it - they do this with a combination of what's "standard" on each model (with higher models typically have some of the "options" from the lower model standard) and then some additional options/standard features that are NOT options on the lower model

a very very careful read of the 'standard' equipment of each model is normally illuminating in that it turns out to be a very precise document (a cursory read it would appear to be copy/paste/bullnose that is the same across the line - but it IS NOT - it's a carefully crafted manifesto of what you get for each trim level with NO options and is normally bespoke for each trim level) - so comparing the "standard features on a 4s" to the "standard features on a GTS" might be very illuminating

many of the "differences" are purely cosmetic/visual touchs - GTS stiched into the head rest for example - which is never an option on a 4S - or color combinations of various interior trim/exterior trim that is also never an option - sometimes however there are functional/concrete differences between trim levels that simplly can not be options (normally horse power) or the "tune" on the transmission/PDK - the GT3 PDK transmission is _NOT_ an option on any other 911 in the line (combination of hardware+software)

I'm not saying these differences are necessarily compelling for one trim vs. another trim - but if you are new to Porsche and really dig into this stuff it requires a comparison of both the available options in the configurator and a detailed read of the published standard equipment of the trims you are considering…

it's been my experience since 2008 and 8 (really - doh 10!! 10!) Porsche's with hours/days/weeks spent on the ocnfigurator you can never quite duplicate one trim with other trim level via configurator options…but you can come very close, but by the time you load up the "lower" trim to "match/close" the next higher trim it costs more than the higher trim base price - so then Porsche "pushes" you to the higher trim "cause it saves you money" :CWL:

I legitimately have the utmost respect for Porsche in how they choose to take my money - they are masters at the process…but the differences are more than just 0-60 times - and typically come with cosmetic/functional differences between trim levels than can not be duplicated between trim levels - and of course the price differences…

good luck - Porsche makes a great product but they do make it confusing and a bit opaque to the newly initiated…and it takes some effort to decern what the man behind the curtain is doing to take your money - I'm now sooo screwed up and conditioned from my purchases over the years that I just get the trim I want with the options I want because I've learned/determined that I'm being directed through a very very carefully crafted maze, and I'm not going to "out think" them on this stuff - this is not the burger king value menu where ordering the burger & fries separate but no drink saves you money vs the combo package - no this is a much much much more evil process at carefully guiding the rats to their food pellet rewards while extracting tolls from them at each turn of the maze....I have soooo much respect for Porsche and their ability to deliver value, fun, profit, revenue, frustration, joy, and quite frankly the best volume production cars in the market…

you do/will get more value/features with "the next higher" trim and the total package will be 'better' than the lower trim w/options - but Porsche has no shame in charging for this "bump up" - and that is their core competency - a premium product at a premium price - and lots of levels of premium to choose from…each one a carefully crafted study in human psychology wants/desires/weaknesses…but oh so satisfying once you experience the product.

get what you want how you want it, but just be prepared to pay for it - ultimately it's very very very rare to out think them on this stuff.

Last edited:
OP
OP
dugbug

dugbug

First Name
Doug
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
bmw 228i, X3
Country flag
Porsche "knows" what it's doing here they are masters at this - typically they slice/dice it very precisely in that the Model 'below' the model 'above' can never quite be optioned to be identical but super close to the model above it - they do this with a combination of what's "standard" on each model (with higher models typically have some of the "options" from the lower model standard) and then some additional options/standard features that are NOT options on the lower model
Its like my soul is being crushed lol.

In spirit of what you are saying I updated the spreadsheet to add 4S with the full leather and insulated glass. Now its within 7K of the GTS. Aargh.

BMWs are so much easier to understand (and that's saying something) but damn Porsches are so good looking. have always wanted one.

-d

daveo4EV

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
Its like my soul is being crushed lol.

In spirit of what you are saying I updated the spreadsheet to add 4S with the full leather and insulated glass. Now its within 7K of the GTS. Aargh.

BMWs are so much easier to understand (and that's saying something) but damn Porsches are so good looking. have always wanted one.

-d
yes - embrace it - let it wash over you - become one with the Brand - you'll be glad you did and you can Tithe at the altar of the Porsche trim level and options buffet…

yes and for that 7k you get GTS performance and trim level and many of the options from the 4S are now "standard"

yes they are evil evil people - premium product premium price…they smile and take your money.

I saw the following quote from another forum/member the other day…
I outgrew BMW years ago and started to understand Porsche's appeal - I've not gone back…
this is me 100% and I fully agree - BMW no longer holds any interest to me - they are living on the legacy of some of their excellent/superior/awesome early products - but nothing recently justifies their reputation based on their current product offerings

Tooney

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Taycan 4S
Country flag
Considerations for your 4S Porsche code PP2GCKV3:
Very nice build.
Summer tires are standard. All-season tires are option.
You ought to add on-board 150kw/400v DC charger. See many threads/posts on this forum for reasons.
Even with the interior trim accents with exterior color, I believe your seat belts will be black. Grey or other color seat belts are option.
Power port option adds a black trim line to exterior. Manual charger ports don't have the lines and are one less potential maintenance issue.
Debadging the Taycan 4S model designation gives a cleaner look, and keeps observers guessing.
An appearance option I like is wheel center caps with colored Porsche logo, but I do not see that option listed for the build. It was there for 2022 model.
You did not option the Porsche Mobile Charger Connect, which is smart. PMCC is not a good EVSE.
Hope these comments are useful.

WuffvonTrips

First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan Turbo CT
Country flag
Options have very little resale value, so anything you want that is included in the base spec of a higher trim level is going to make the cost over the full period of ownership a lot closer than a comparison of the total build prices at different trim levels would suggest.

daveo4EV

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag

a very very careful read of the 'standard' equipment of each model is normally illuminating in that it turns out to be a very precise document (a cursory read it would appear to be copy/paste/bullnose that is the same across the line - but it IS NOT - it's a carefully crafted manifesto of what you get for each trim level with NO options and is normally bespoke for each trim level) - so comparing the "standard features on a 4s" to the "standard features on a GTS" might be very illuminating

many of the "differences" are purely cosmetic/visual touchs - GTS stiched into the head rest for example - which is never an option on a 4S - or color combinations of various interior trim/exterior trim that is also never an option - sometimes however there are functional/concrete differences between trim levels that simplly can not be options (normally horse power) or the "tune" on the transmission/PDK - the GT3 PDK transmission is _NOT_ an option on any other 911 in the line (combination of hardware+software)

I'm not saying these differences are necessarily compelling for one trim vs. another trim - but if you are new to Porsche and really dig into this stuff it requires a comparison of both the available options in the configurator and a detailed read of the published standard equipment of the trims you are considering…

it's been my experience since 2008 and 8 (really - doh 10!! 10!) Porsche's with hours/days/weeks spent on the ocnfigurator you can never quite duplicate one trim with other trim level via configurator options…but you can come very close, but by the time you load up the "lower" trim to "match/close" the next higher trim it costs more than the higher trim base price - so then Porsche "pushes" you to the higher trim "cause it saves you money" :CWL:

I legitimately have the utmost respect for Porsche in how they choose to take my money - they are masters at the process…but the differences are more than just 0-60 times - and typically come with cosmetic/functional differences between trim levels than can not be duplicated between trim levels - and of course the price differences…

good luck - Porsche makes a great product but they do make it confusing and a bit opaque to the newly initiated…and it takes some effort to decern what the man behind the curtain is doing to take your money - I'm now sooo screwed up and conditioned from my purchases over the years that I just get the trim I want with the options I want because I've learned/determined that I'm being directed through a very very carefully crafted maze, and I'm not going to "out think" them on this stuff - this is not the burger king value menu where ordering the burger & fries separate but no drink saves you money vs the combo package - no this is a much much much more evil process at carefully guiding the rats to their food pellet rewards while extracting tolls from them at each turn of the maze....I have soooo much respect for Porsche and their ability to deliver value, fun, profit, revenue, frustration, joy, and quite frankly the best volume production cars in the market…

you do/will get more value/features with "the next higher" trim and the total package will be 'better' than the lower trim w/options - but Porsche has no shame in charging for this "bump up" - and that is their core competency - a premium product at a premium price - and lots of levels of premium to choose from…each one a carefully crafted study in human psychology wants/desires/weaknesses…but oh so satisfying once you experience the product.

get what you want how you want it, but just be prepared to pay for it - ultimately it's very very very rare to out think them on this stuff.
you can expect the suspension on the GTS to be a bit tighter (steering also) and a bit more sporty in a way you can never option above or below that specific trim level…if you want a sporty feel and the suspension to match that feel the GTS is going to be your sweet spot - options alone will not compensate for that difference as one specific example of trim specific non-cosmetic and non-option difference…
Sponsored