Taycan MY 2021July production vechicles that have been held up and have to be delivered

dickp

First Name
Dick
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.dickpitini.com
Vehicles
2022 Taycan CT4
Country flag
Well folks I am going to start down a rabbit hole re. the Taycan’s that entered production in July 2021 that have been held up and have yet to ship. I don’t think this has been pursued ( If you follow my posts you will know that I was in that group. But have excaped and cancelled that order for a CT4 and replaced it with a MY2022 arriving Nov 4 in Baltimore. This move came at a financial cost to me but that’s a story for another day and I’m just glad to be out of this group of vehicles and receiving a MY2022 vs a MT2021).

I think PCNA attributing the delivery delay to “Was caused by the semiconductor shortage. We ask for your understanding that the semiconductor shortage is a global supply issue outside the control of Porsche Cars North America and has impacted the entire automotive industry as a whole” is a fabrication with regard to these vehicles.

I think there is reason to believe that something happen on the production line to this group of vehicles that caused all of them to stop production and be put aside awaiting a retro fit solution. While other vehicles which were ordered later went around them into production after the issue was found with our vehicles and resolved for the newer ones. We will never know this because they will never admit to it since it would open them up to admitting there was a cause potentially within their control.

If you speak with long time Porsche sales people they will say there have been production issues in the past that held vehicles up for extended periods until the issues could be solved. Expecting the truth would be too much! I wish all of us a positive outcome. Ordering this car 7 months ago has been an emotional roll a coaster. I wish us all a happy landing!
Sponsored

menzz

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
mino cooper S, waiting for taycan CT
Country flag
Congrats on the new car!
Quick question, was it the same build?

vdr

First Name
Vincent
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Maybe a Taycan...
Country flag
Well folks I am going to start down a rabbit hole re. the Taycan’s that entered production in July 2021 that have been held up and have yet to ship. I don’t think this has been pursued ( If you follow my posts you will know that I was in that group. But have excaped and cancelled that order for a CT4 and replaced it with a MY2022 arriving Nov 4 in Baltimore. This move came at a financial cost to me but that’s a story for another day and I’m just glad to be out of this group of vehicles and receiving a MY2022 vs a MT2021).

I think PCNA attributing the delivery delay to “Was caused by the semiconductor shortage. We ask for your understanding that the semiconductor shortage is a global supply issue outside the control of Porsche Cars North America and has impacted the entire automotive industry as a whole” is a fabrication with regard to these vehicles.

I think there is reason to believe that something happen on the production line to this group of vehicles that caused all of them to stop production and be put aside awaiting a retro fit solution. While other vehicles which were ordered later went around them into production after the issue was found with our vehicles and resolved for the newer ones. We will never know this because they will never admit to it since it would open them up to admitting there was a cause potentially within their control.

If you speak with long time Porsche sales people they will say there have been production issues in the past that held vehicles up for extended periods until the issues could be solved. Expecting the truth would be too much! I wish all of us a positive outcome. Ordering this car 7 months ago has been an emotional roll a coaster. I wish us all a happy landing!
Your supposition sounds entirely plausible. Very disconcerting to those of us still stuck in this group but ultimately positive for those that had the foresight and tenacity and, above all else, the option to move on and get some resolution.

OP
OP
dickp

dickp

First Name
Dick
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.dickpitini.com
Vehicles
2022 Taycan CT4
Country flag
Congrats on the new car!
Quick question, was it the same build?
No, not same build., that was not possible since dealer's allociation was already frozen. I had spent months going over the build to get what I thought was the perfect build and had become very emotionally attache to it. Gave up Chalk for Neptune Blue , no rear axle steering, had red leather interior now Olea Brown Leather, no sports chrono, from 20" to 21" Cross Turismo design wheels & Off - Road design Package. I think I will be very pleased, just more $ than I had anticipated. Think the biggest thing I will miss is the rear axle steering.
This is my new Porsche code -http://www.porsche-code.com/PN5PUUP5

Last edited:
Reactions: B61

tomasu

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan
Country flag
Interesting theory. Does anyone know if any of the July cars have been delivered yet? As the estimated delivery dates keep slipping, I take it that they still haven't found a solution. And is there a point where they will give up and replace them with 2022 models? It's already sketchy enough that they expect us to accept cars that have been sitting outside in the rain for 6 months.

Bajas21

First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S
Country flag
Interesting theory. Does anyone know if any of the July cars have been delivered yet? As the estimated delivery dates keep slipping, I take it that they still haven't found a solution. And is there a point where they will give up and replace them with 2022 models? It's already sketchy enough that they expect us to accept cars that have been sitting outside in the rain for 6 months.
Agree. My vehicle completed production and is sitting at a 1/14/22 delivery date, but seems to be slipping every two weeks. I haven’t heard of anyone that was produced in July receiving delivery.

OP
OP
dickp

dickp

First Name
Dick
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.dickpitini.com
Vehicles
2022 Taycan CT4
Country flag
Agree. My vehicle completed production and is sitting at a 1/14/22 delivery date, but seems to be slipping every two weeks. I haven’t heard of anyone that was produced in July receiving delivery.
Correction, your vehicle has yet to complete production.

menzz

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
mino cooper S, waiting for taycan CT
Country flag
I believe someone said in the other thread that his finished production on 10/22 and was on its way to emden. His was a turbo CT that started production 7/27

MohCT4

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4 Cross Turismo
Country flag
I believe someone said in the other thread that his finished production on 10/22 and was on its way to emden. His was a turbo CT that started production 7/27
Yes, I believe you're right, he's the only glimmer of hope for the July cars. I gave up. I'm just glad I got the deposit back. I went the same route as @dickp and cancelled. I got lucky that another dealership had a 2022 allocation ready to lock. The 2022 CT I ordered is specced pretty much the same as my original build, plus two more esthetic elements. It should arrive 1/7. But honestly even if it's delayed, I'm cool with that. I just didn't want to be stuck in the black hole any longer.

I encourage you all who are still unable to get the deposits back, do some digging and figure out who the regional rep is for your area and reach out to them directly. It was only after I complained to the regional rep that I got any traction with my dealer. Also, try to to speak to the GM and not the sales manager. The sales managers tend to insulate the GM from these issues, but the GM's care more about their reputation as a dealership.

http://www.porsche-code.com/PNFXJR28

ChronoMax

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mamba Taycan CT
Country flag
how many such stuck '21's remain at this point?

we canceled ours for a '22 soon to enter production, but the '21 still shows up in TYD currently showing a 1/14 delivery.

the '22s seem to be moving right along. Best theory is that these '21 were either defective, or had to use a an unavailable component that the '22s do not. Not much interest in continuing to track the '21 other than morbid curiosity.

We have been dissapointed with Porsche over this whole episode. Maybe one day we will get the whole story and some sort of acknowledgement.

D_Frost

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
AMG GLE, Vantage
✋ Me… I am patiently waiting for my ‘21, which entered production 7/19 and completed production on 9/22. It has been “In transit to Emden Port” since 9/24 (maybe taking scenic route) with no further updates. TYD estimates 11/5 as the ”On Vessel” date so I hope it will update so I can track the ship crossing the Atlantic. I really hope to take delivery this year since TYD is showing 12/3 for arrival at Benecia, CA and the same date for arrival at my dealer up in Washington State.

FredC057

First Name
Fred
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Macan S, Fiat 500Ce, Taycan Cross Turismo 4S
Country flag
My CT 4S also started production beginning of July and was postponed by 2 weeks multiple times until October 15th became end production Nov 26th. So the dealer proposed a Macan as a waiting car for those that are stuck.
Even if the date don’t change anymore it will take 2 weeks to arrive at dealer and have all the papers ready so it won’t be registered in 2021.
Very disappointed by Porsche, they should produce new vehicles for the ones that are blocked for 6 months instead of making those customers wait longer and pass to 2022 models already.
It’s a choice they made so they are ready to pay compensations instead.
But nobody is happy and when finally those cars will arrive, they will be checked in details and I hope we will have the courage to reject them if they have any flaw.

B61

First Name
Bine
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
CT4 (9/2021)
Country flag
My CT was built on July 16, being held for a month in a the Factory because of missing TPMS control unit. They sent it to my dealer end of August, missed TPMS arrived two weeks later and I got it on September, 17th.

As I've seen on this forum, there were several vehicles with similar timing, with delivery in September or October.

vdr

First Name
Vincent
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Maybe a Taycan...
Country flag
My MY'21 4S entered production 3 days early back on 07/20 and remains there. TYD has no further info other than that “production has begun” milestone. The completion date and all following dates keep slipping with projected “completion” now showing as 11/26 and delivery currently at 01/07/22.

My dealer and PCNA have been unresponsive with both of them parroting the chip shortage as the issue which I find to be ridiculous for all the reasons given above. Cars produced just before and MONTHS after mine entered production also showed delays on everything my car is purportedly missing yet they have all been delivered or, at the very least, are at the final destination port awaiting delivery.

It’s been a poor experience all around with Porsche and even if I were able to get my deposit back the discount off of MSRP that I negotiated over 7 months ago is dubious and an allocation before the Spring of ‘22 doesn’t seem possible.
Sponsored

Last edited: