Nadkar99

First Name
Nad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Porsche Taycan 4S
Country flag
Has anybody else had problems with their Taycan not connecting to Porsche Server. Mine has been down for a month now, been escalated to Porsche Germany who are saying its part of a larger problem....no more details....the LTE sign does not appear in the dash...see attached what I get on my app

Porsche Taycan Taycan not connecting to App B179275A-0161-4A86-AFCA-9F8E3D0FE27D_1_201_a
Sponsored

benver

First Name
Ben
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
MY2020 Porsche Taycan Turbo
Country flag
I have the same connection problem in the Connect app and the Connect webportal here in the Netherlands, but only since this morning.

Note: Your mobile device is also not connected to WIFI. I do not have this problem. This is a setting issue in either your mobile device, or your WIFI access point.

W1NGE

First Name
Adrian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
GTS ST, Macan T
Country flag
Has anybody else had problems with their Taycan not connecting to Porsche Server. Mine has been down for a month now, been escalated to Porsche Germany who are saying its part of a larger problem....no more details....the LTE sign does not appear in the dash...see attached what I get on my app

B179275A-0161-4A86-AFCA-9F8E3D0FE27D_1_201_a.jpeg
Can happen periodically and just checking that you are aware only 3 quadrants need to be green (you can ignore the bottom right as this is rarely / never required - only for phone to PCM calendar syncing using the in car hotspot).

Ask your dealer to check your OTA module - it could be failing / failed - as this is a core dependency.

Could also be a registration setup issue.

Have you tried resetting your PCM (remove your account) and start over?

Can you connect via My Porsche website?

W1NGE

First Name
Adrian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
GTS ST, Macan T
Country flag
Also, can you confirm you have PRIVACY MODE disabled (PCM function) - this is essential to remotely access your car and should be disabled always.

Scandinavian

First Name
Peter
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan T, Tesla M3P, Aston Martin DB9, Porsche 996 C4 Cab
Country flag
I have the same issue with the Connect app since last Friday. I do however have the LTE sign on the dashboard, but all of my addresses and favourites are gone. I can not play any Online Music or Apple music from the car either. All Porsche charging service is blank and no information. Trying MyPorsche log in makes no difference.

If I use the search function to look for Ionity charging stations it can not find any at all. However it can easily find Petrol stations instead???

I am also missing all traffic information in the navigation system.

And Yes the car is not in Privacy mode.

Car is at dealer at the moment for the recall so it will be interesting to see what they find.

W1NGE

First Name
Adrian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
GTS ST, Macan T
Country flag
I have the same issue with the Connect app since last Friday. I do however have the LTE sign on the dashboard, but all of my addresses and favourites are gone. I can not play any Online Music or Apple music from the car either. All Porsche charging service is blank and no information. Trying MyPorsche log in makes no difference.

If I use the search function to look for Ionity charging stations it can not find any at all. However it can easily find Petrol stations instead???

I am also missing all traffic information in the navigation system.

And Yes the car is not in Privacy mode.

Car is at dealer at the moment for the recall so it will be interesting to see what they find.
Sounds like some of the services have expired either prematurely or in error?

OP
OP
Nadkar99

Nadkar99

First Name
Nad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Porsche Taycan 4S
Country flag
I have the same connection problem in the Connect app and the Connect webportal here in the Netherlands, but only since this morning.

Note: Your mobile device is also not connected to WIFI. I do not have this problem. This is a setting issue in either your mobile device, or your WIFI access point.
Thanks Benver.. all other devices connect to wifi in the house without a problem....seem to have the same problem when I connect to the website also

OP
OP
Nadkar99

Nadkar99

First Name
Nad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Porsche Taycan 4S
Country flag
Can happen periodically and just checking that you are aware only 3 quadrants need to be green (you can ignore the bottom right as this is rarely / never required - only for phone to PCM calendar syncing using the in car hotspot).

Ask your dealer to check your OTA module - it could be failing / failed - as this is a core dependency.

Could also be a registration setup issue.

Have you tried resetting your PCM (remove your account) and start over?

Can you connect via My Porsche website?
I have the same problem when connecting to the website, i have logged out and back in on the taycan no luck,

OP
OP
Nadkar99

Nadkar99

First Name
Nad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Porsche Taycan 4S
Country flag
Also, can you confirm you have PRIVACY MODE disabled (PCM function) - this is essential to remotely access your car and should be disabled always.
Thanks Winge, yes just checked, Privacy mode is disabled

Doc B

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan Turbo
Country flag
Same problem since Sunday - was driving and suddenly lost all connection with the LTE symbol gone. Several soft and hard reboots later and still no mobile/cellular services, and obviously car also can’t connect to the app. Waiting for yet another appointment with the dealer. Given it has happened to a few of us at around the same time, perhaps it is server related. However, I have a sneaky feeling this is the OTA module problem in which case I’m kinda relieved it has finally happened to me while still in warranty.

4SJB

First Name
Jonathan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4SCT Mini Cooper S Audi A4 3.0 TDI
Country flag
I lost connection between the car and the Porsche server 2 weeks ago, so down to just one green quadrant between my phone and the server. Germany had a look and now I have all red quadrants!!!
Germany have advised that there is a problem with the car connecting (really?!) and that I need my dealer to look at it.
First available slot at the dealer is at the end of February.
I dont mind being a tester for Porsche tech, but I do expect some service from and organisation that has taken £100k off me and is holding a large deposit for a CT order (don’t get me started on that).

W1NGE

First Name
Adrian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
GTS ST, Macan T
Country flag
I lost connection between the car and the Porsche server 2 weeks ago, so down to just one green quadrant between my phone and the server. Germany had a look and now I have all red quadrants!!!
Germany have advised that there is a problem with the car connecting (really?!) and that I need my dealer to look at it.
First available slot at the dealer is at the end of February.
I dont mind being a tester for Porsche tech, but I do expect some service from and organisation that has taken £100k off me and is holding a large deposit for a CT order (don’t get me started on that).
Sadly this is all too familiar. The Porsche Connect App is fundamentally flawed and the connectivity to the car equally flawed and generally unreliable (well documented on this forum).

It could be there is an issue with the car's LTE module (some folk have had theirs replaced 3 times) which is a core dependency for communicating with the car. A weak cell signal (or interference) is another. I'm also pretty sure that the car goes to 'sleep' if not used for a day or so and to conserve energy drops 12V power to the LTE module and hence you can't wake it up until you unlock the car again.

The 4 red quadrants is not uncommon either and generally occurs when no connection can be made and times out. Try unlocking the car, wait for the LTE connection to appear in the PCM and then re-try the App (don't bother about connecting to the PCM, this quadrant is generally always red / unused). This may re-establish your connectivity for while.

I've grown to not be dependent on the app for any remote activity - limited value - and so don't expect the app to connect when I want to check on something.

My Porsche website is also unreliable for any connectivity to the car (for the same reasons above) and now the Configurator is broken and won't allow either a 'save' or 'load' option to complete (times out and hangs). I've reported this one to Porsche UK and they are looking at it - I know what that means!

Agree its not right nor what you would expect but a trip to the dealer may identify the LTE module as the culprit and source a replacement. No guarantee that this is a long term solution if this forum is anything to go by. This all takes too much time but it is what it is.
Sponsored