hkarthik

First Name
Karthik
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Taycan 4S White
Country flag
When you say auctioning off, are you talking about Manheim or Adesa?

Here is the lastest auction data for the 2021 4s from Manheim
I highlighted the odometer, none are new, maybe demos
You probably know more than I do about these auctions! Only repeating what I've heard from sales managers. I assumed the Porsche dealers had some kind of internal system where these trades are being made.

I definitely know of one trade for 2020 Gentian Blue which I don't believe had many miles on it, and definitely wasn't being sold as a Demo or CPO since they wanted close to MSRP. Went from Tacoma, WA to Littleton, CO.
Sponsored

Mr.Smith

First Name
PaulS
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
RS E-Tron GT, VW ID.4 Pro
Country flag
You probably know more than I do about these auctions! Only repeating what I've heard from sales managers. I assumed the Porsche dealers had some kind of internal system where these trades are being made.

I definitely know of one trade for 2020 Gentian Blue which I don't believe had many miles on it, and definitely wasn't being sold as a Demo or CPO since they wanted close to MSRP. Went from Tacoma, WA to Littleton, CO.
Yes, those are a Porsche franchise dealers network internal auctions, not really an auction for all dealers.
Auction is how wholesale prices are determined and how finance companies determine the residuals. Think of it as what a fire sale price for a car would be.
If Taycans were being auctioned off this way, It would be a huge problem.

For reference of what a high demand car looks like, see if you find a 992 GT3 being traded that way. The answer is no, they are over MSRP. Same as the G wagon which can be $100k over window

hkarthik

First Name
Karthik
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Taycan 4S White
Country flag
Yes, those are a Porsche franchise dealers network internal auctions, not really an auction for all dealers.
Auction is how wholesale prices are determined and how finance companies determine the residuals. Think of it as what a fire sale price for a car would be.
If Taycans were being auctioned off this way, It would be a huge problem.

For reference of what a high demand car looks like, see if you find a 992 GT3 being traded that way. The answer is no, they are over MSRP. Same as the G wagon which can be $100k over window
That makes sense. I definitely see a big drop in pricing for non-CPO used Taycans that are starting to make their way to non-Porsche dealers. These often have significant discounts off MSRP.

whitex

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Taycan TCT, 2024 Q8 eTron P+
Country flag
https://www.taycanforum.com/forum/t...can-causing-wait-to-stretch-to-6-months.6524/

if you consider a 6 month back order list for vehicles to "not be selling well" then yeah it's a total fail in the market place.
I wish it was only 6 months. One of the dealers I have a refundable deposit tells me to expect up to 11 months from when I got on the waiting list for the allocation to delivery date. Another one says "we have no idea, but no allocations at all for at least 3 months", and yet a third one just blew me off, said wait list too long, told me to check back in 3 months.
Sponsored

• Wow
Reactions: B61