Taycan Order Mess Up ....Not Happy!

gfscott01

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Audi A7 BiTdi
Country flag
I ordered a Taycan CT4S the third week in June 2021 and as a first time Porsche purchaser was understandably excited. Since then I have to say I have been underwhelmed by the experience and today just topped it off.

I have been patiently waiting for updates on the car up to freeze date but have had to chase the dealer every time to get any information. At freeze time I wanted to change the cameras to surround but was advised not to do it as it would delay the previously advised build date of 29th Oct and Delivery 02 Dec 21 so left it as was spec'd.

Having chased again to confirm the build had taken place was advised that the build had actually happened a week early and all was on track. Ah great I thought only to take a call from the OPC today to be told that they have only just noticed that Porsche for some reason cancelled my order a while back, allocated it to another vehicle of a completely different spec and now they have managed to get a slot in Feb but might I am unlikely to get it till end March. The sales guy apparently had just been looking at the order number rather than my name and car details!!!

I know there have been issues and other builds bumped around but seems to me to be a major balls up and the OPC even admitted it was a massive error.

They are coming back to me at the start of the week to look at what can be done in the mean time as recompense for the mess up and the fact I wont have a car from the end of this month, having arranged to get rid of the current car as I received an email from the OPC confirming everything was on track for the original delivery date and the build had happened!.

Anyone else UK based had a similar experience and Porsche made it up to them! Not holding my breath they will sort it!!
Sponsored

R Benny Waered

First Name
Ben
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
CT4S, Rapide S, Mc GT, ID.5
Country flag
Ohh goodness. I would be so deflated, disappointed and frustrated. Same story here - chase chase 'can you get back to me' follow ups. Not how i run my business frustrating my clients...

Fish Fingers

First Name
Ian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan RWD
Country flag
Mine was far from stress free, but they did get the car - albeit delayed.

I do understand in the current carnage of chip shortages etc that everyone in the car industry are having difficulties.
But your cancelled order is another level.

Good luck with it.

?

MJDCT

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan CT 4
Country flag
Sorry to hear the shite story, I’ve had completely the opposite experience. My dealer contacts me twice a week, car is at port, apparently nothing missing and that on a August order CT4 with deliver in the next 4 weeks.
Hope you get it sorted soon!

Mike in CA

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Taycan 4S, '19 e-Tron, '24 GMC 2500HD Duramax
Country flag
Ah great I thought only to take a call from the OPC today to be told that they have only just noticed that Porsche for some reason cancelled my order a while back, allocated it to another vehicle of a completely different spec and now they have managed to get a slot in Feb but might I am unlikely to get it till end March.
Sorry to hear of your troubles.

So, it's probably my suspicious nature, but Porsche cancelled your order and allocated it to another vehicle? Porsche did this on their own? The reason I'm wondering is that it's not unheard of for unscrupulous dealers to "steal" promised allocations to give to another, perhaps long-time customer. But, although anything is possible, I haven't heard before of Porsche just cancelling an order out of hand.

Maybe you have a great relationship with this OPC and have purchased multiple cars there but it just seems odd to me. I hope they aren't messing with you. Like I said, it's my suspicious nature.

I hope it all works out for you. The car will definitely be worth the wait.

Last edited:

RobbieRed

First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan cross tourismo
Country flag
Porsche Nottingham were brillIant.
Honestly couldn’t be happier with the service.
As for the car. Well, I’m blown away.
It’s amazing (CT4S Dolomite)

Boss Hogg

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
CT4S, 981 GT4
Country flag
Not had the same experience, but if you have an email confirming delivery, arranged to sell your car, then dealer admits they, or Porsche, have cancelled your order, I would think you should receive a loaner vehicle until the new car arrives. I'd raise with Porsche GB if dealer does not act reasonably. You are wise not to hold your breath, good luck!

Fedex77

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
BMW M3 E92, Range Rover Sport HST
Country flag
Strange story. More than likely your dealer either never gave you the build slot you thought you had, or gave it to someone else. Either way, doubt Porsche cancelled your order. Did you follow your car with “Track your dream”?

Bertibasset

First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan Turbo
Country flag
I ordered a Taycan CT4S the third week in June 2021 and as a first time Porsche purchaser was understandably excited. Since then I have to say I have been underwhelmed by the experience and today just topped it off.

I have been patiently waiting for updates on the car up to freeze date but have had to chase the dealer every time to get any information. At freeze time I wanted to change the cameras to surround but was advised not to do it as it would delay the previously advised build date of 29th Oct and Delivery 02 Dec 21 so left it as was spec'd.

Having chased again to confirm the build had taken place was advised that the build had actually happened a week early and all was on track. Ah great I thought only to take a call from the OPC today to be told that they have only just noticed that Porsche for some reason cancelled my order a while back, allocated it to another vehicle of a completely different spec and now they have managed to get a slot in Feb but might I am unlikely to get it till end March. The sales guy apparently had just been looking at the order number rather than my name and car details!!!

I know there have been issues and other builds bumped around but seems to me to be a major balls up and the OPC even admitted it was a massive error.

They are coming back to me at the start of the week to look at what can be done in the mean time as recompense for the mess up and the fact I wont have a car from the end of this month, having arranged to get rid of the current car as I received an email from the OPC confirming everything was on track for the original delivery date and the build had happened!.

Anyone else UK based had a similar experience and Porsche made it up to them! Not holding my breath they will sort it!!
Very poor service it seem to be standard now in the uk for just about everything be good if you name the Dealer as they all read this forum same goes if the dealer is really good name them also it is worth the wait but that service you have had is a disgrace

Carax

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Boxter S Macan S 997GT2
Country flag
Porsche Nottingham were brillIant.
Honestly couldn’t be happier with the service.
As for the car. Well, I’m blown away.
It’s amazing (CT4S Dolomite)
Had exactly same experience with Nottingham OPC with my CT4 Gential Blue, just a few weeks delay.

ithinkmac

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'17 3, '22 4S CT, '22 MXP
Country flag
What happened with the whole Track Your Dream process?
Did you ever get an invite to open account? Track progress? Confirm config?
Sorry, but there's quite a few things in place for you as a customer to notice these changes. Otherwise, your dealer is allocating your slot to another and just never bother with you. As others have said.

-ThinkMac-

scav

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S Cross Turismo (2022)
Country flag
What happened with the whole Track Your Dream process?
Did you ever get an invite to open account? Track progress? Confirm config?
Sorry, but there's quite a few things in place for you as a customer to notice these changes. Otherwise, your dealer is allocating your slot to another and just never bother with you. As others have said.

-ThinkMac-
No TYD in Europe.

VOLT4GE

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2020 Porsche Taycan 4S
Country flag
Sorry to hear of your troubles.

So, it's probably my suspicious nature, but Porsche cancelled your order and allocated it to another vehicle? Porsche did this on their own? The reason I'm wondering is that it's not unheard of for unscrupulous dealers to "steal" promised allocations to give to another, perhaps long-time customer. But, although anything is possible, I haven't heard before of Porsche just cancelling an order out of hand.

Maybe you have a great relationship with this OPC and have purchased multiple cars there but it just seems odd to me. I hope they aren't messing with you. Like I said, it's my suspicious nature.

I hope it all works out for you. The car will definitely be worth the wait.
That was the first thing that popped into my mind.

Sean0809

First Name
Sean
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan CT
Country flag

It

Sorry to hear that.
It happened to me once with a new model Audi and it wasn't an error- the dealer took my order and gave it to another (more regular) customer to jump the queue. After some complaining Audi UK agreed it should not have happened and as a gesture of goodwill lent me a new car for the additional 6 months wait until my reorder arrived.
Sponsored