Administrator

Administrator
Threads
Reaction score
Country flag
Porsche has just launched an app which can be used to track 911 orders from order sheet to delivery, and the best part of the news is that future plans include tracking of the Taycan. :clap:

Press Release:

Track My Porsche
New service from Porsche Digital allows customers to track their dream car from production to delivery

Atlanta, Georgia. Most people are familiar with tracking a package in the mail, but few deliveries are as highly anticipated as a Porsche in the driveway. A new digital service, “Porsche Track Your Dream” allows customers who order a 911 sports car to follow its journey from production in Germany and across the Atlantic to the final destination at the dealership for delivery.

“Buying a Porsche is a special moment, and one that should be as personal as possible, recognizing that placing the order and awaiting its delivery is part of the experience as anticipation builds. Porsche Track Your Dream allows our customers to trace every key stage of their new car as it leaves our home in Germany,” said Klaus Zellmer, President and CEO of Porsche Cars North America, Inc. (PCNA). “This service gives future owners a convenient way of staying up to date before they see their car for the first time here in the U.S.”

Porsche customers receive a unique link once their order is placed. This takes them to the online platform and lets them track their car through 14 milestone events. They include order creation, freeze point for vehicle changes, production updates, vessel departure from Germany, port entry into the U.S., dealership arrival and more. Background information about each milestone is available while a countdown shows the progress in miles and days.

As a key component of the digital customer experience, Porsche Track Your Dream is integrated with the My Porsche web portal. Here, ownership aspects such as service scheduling, financing and Porsche Connect functions are handled once the car arrives at its new home.

Porsche Track Your Dream is initially being made available for customer-ordered 911 sports cars. Future plans include enrollment of the all-electric Taycan. The service is provided by Porsche Digital, Inc. and was developed in close cooperation with Porsche Cars North America, Inc.

Behind the Scenes - seeing your Porsche in production

Complementary to Porsche Track Your Dream, the My Porsche web portal also features a “Behind the Scenes” service, which gives an exclusive insight into production at the sports car manufacturer in Zuffenhausen. U.S. customers are able to follow how their ordered Porsche 911 is being built step-by-step, and cameras are already installed at two relevant stations with two more cameras being added soon. The application will be available first for new car customers from USA, Germany, Great Britain, Canada, Switzerland as well as Spain. Other markets will follow in the coming months.

Porsche Track Your Dream and Behind the Scenes are both live for U.S. customers now.

Porsche Taycan Taycan Order Tracking Via App is Coming Soon Says Porsche PCNA20_1232_fine
Sponsored

Dave T

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2020 Taycan Turbo
Country flag
Cool. I wonder what the holdup is though. It’s basically just showing the same information the dealer already has access to, right? Seems like it should be relatively easy to release it for all the cars they build.

ron_b

First Name
Ron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2020 Taycan 4S
Country flag
Cool. I wonder what the holdup is though. It’s basically just showing the same information the dealer already has access to, right? Seems like it should be relatively easy to release it for all the cars they build.
I agree that the information is probably all there, just a limited rollout to work out UI issues and such I would think.

BayAreaKen

First Name
Ken
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
BMW 650i Convertible
Country flag
Thanks for the good news. It says in the press release that the app is live for customers in the US now. I haven't looked in the App store for it, since it's not tracking Taycan's (yet). I wonder how long that will take. I can understand (not really) rolling this out for one model, but I can't understand not rolling it out for all open orders.

Here is the link to the full press release:

https://www.prnewswire.com/news-releases/track-my-porsche-301061306.html

Marshall

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2020 Taycan 4S; 2021 Macan S
Country flag
Thanks for the good news. It says in the press release that the app is live for customers in the US now. I haven't looked in the App store for it, since it's not tracking Taycan's (yet). I wonder how long that will take. I can understand (not really) rolling this out for one model, but I can't understand not rolling it out for all open orders.

Here is the link to the full press release:

https://www.prnewswire.com/news-releases/track-my-porsche-301061306.html
I have the App and it shows my existing Panamera and it's VIN number and features. As to tracking any other vehicle, whether it be a 911 or a Taycan, I cannot find the feature on the App and I am running the latest version. There is a section to add another vehicle where a VIN number can be put in. I do not know if once a VIN number is added the tracking feature on the App shows up. Aside from that, the current version of the App does not have a tracking feature. Has anyone found where it is located in the App? Maybe I am missing something.

TC Fan

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4s
Country flag
Porsche has just launched an app which can be used to track 911 orders from order sheet to delivery, and the best part of the news is that future plans include tracking of the Taycan. :clap:

Press Release:

Track My Porsche
New service from Porsche Digital allows customers to track their dream car from production to delivery

Atlanta, Georgia. Most people are familiar with tracking a package in the mail, but few deliveries are as highly anticipated as a Porsche in the driveway. A new digital service, “Porsche Track Your Dream” allows customers who order a 911 sports car to follow its journey from production in Germany and across the Atlantic to the final destination at the dealership for delivery.

“Buying a Porsche is a special moment, and one that should be as personal as possible, recognizing that placing the order and awaiting its delivery is part of the experience as anticipation builds. Porsche Track Your Dream allows our customers to trace every key stage of their new car as it leaves our home in Germany,” said Klaus Zellmer, President and CEO of Porsche Cars North America, Inc. (PCNA). “This service gives future owners a convenient way of staying up to date before they see their car for the first time here in the U.S.”

Porsche customers receive a unique link once their order is placed. This takes them to the online platform and lets them track their car through 14 milestone events. They include order creation, freeze point for vehicle changes, production updates, vessel departure from Germany, port entry into the U.S., dealership arrival and more. Background information about each milestone is available while a countdown shows the progress in miles and days.

As a key component of the digital customer experience, Porsche Track Your Dream is integrated with the My Porsche web portal. Here, ownership aspects such as service scheduling, financing and Porsche Connect functions are handled once the car arrives at its new home.

Porsche Track Your Dream is initially being made available for customer-ordered 911 sports cars. Future plans include enrollment of the all-electric Taycan. The service is provided by Porsche Digital, Inc. and was developed in close cooperation with Porsche Cars North America, Inc.

Behind the Scenes - seeing your Porsche in production

Complementary to Porsche Track Your Dream, the My Porsche web portal also features a “Behind the Scenes” service, which gives an exclusive insight into production at the sports car manufacturer in Zuffenhausen. U.S. customers are able to follow how their ordered Porsche 911 is being built step-by-step, and cameras are already installed at two relevant stations with two more cameras being added soon. The application will be available first for new car customers from USA, Germany, Great Britain, Canada, Switzerland as well as Spain. Other markets will follow in the coming months.

Porsche Track Your Dream and Behind the Scenes are both live for U.S. customers now.

PCNA20_1232_fine.jpg
Good news. Maybe Porsche is actually watching this site and listening for a change.

ron_b

First Name
Ron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2020 Taycan 4S
Country flag
I have the App and it shows my existing Panamera and it's VIN number and features. As to tracking any other vehicle, whether it be a 911 or a Taycan, I cannot find the feature on the App and I am running the latest version. There is a section to add another vehicle where a VIN number can be put in. I do not know if once a VIN number is added the tracking feature on the App shows up. Aside from that, the current version of the App does not have a tracking feature. Has anyone found where it is located in the App? Maybe I am missing something.
It does not seem to be an app feature but a web portal. See section:

Reg

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S
Country flag
Interesting. Then why would they show the feature being used on a Phone? Go figure.
It is odd, since if you read the description of the app in the iPhone store, it also includes the tracking capability which is obviously not there.

My guess it was planned to be rolled out in the app and they pulled it back.

Also interesting that they started with the 911 since I would guess that the number of Taycan orders is less and maybe those buyers are a little bit more tech savy, so that would have been a good beta target audience.

BayAreaKen

First Name
Ken
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
BMW 650i Convertible
Country flag
(snip)

My guess it was planned to be rolled out in the app and they pulled it back.

(snip)

Since my car build is now locked, I have asked my dealership to keep me informed of the status (to which they agreed), since there is no way for me to do it without them. I forwarded them the link (above) to the Press Release. The response was:

"Yes, only for the higher end 911 product and only a select few pilot locations. "

So that may be your answer right there.

dryii

First Name
Doug
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2020 Porsche Taycan 4S, 2018 Tesla Model 3, 2015 Porsche Macan Turbo
Country flag
This is terrible. Now I feel like I'm not getting the full experience with my Taycan purchase. I'm calling my salesman right now to cancel!

(no, not really)

JC Mann

First Name
JC
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Cayman S, Tesla Model S
Country flag
The holdup. It’s software and we all know how Porsche is with software. ?
Sponsored