First Name
Damien
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan Turbo S, Fiat 500 EV
Country flag
"All-electric Cayenne and Panamera most likely will be the next step"

Is there really room for an electric Panamera and Taycan ?

Will Taycan ever really be "the small one" ?

XLR82XS

First Name
LXA
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Taycan | 2021 Cayenne GTS | 2018 991.2 | DMC
Electric Cayenne in 2024. Porsche newsroom and Panorama magazines are great sources. I check newsroom site daily.

W1NGE

First Name
Adrian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
GTS ST, Macan T
Country flag
"All-electric Cayenne and Panamera most likely will be the next step"

Is there really room for an electric Panamera and Taycan ?

Will Taycan ever really be "the small one" ?
I saw pictures of the next gen Pana (no mention of full electric) out testing so surprisingly it lives for another generation. I can't honestly see a place for it if it goes full electric (it is a Taycan by any other name more so now there is an ST variant). Cayenne will come when Bentley has the Bentayga platform sorted (as will the Urus & Touareg) given they're all the same basic chassis.

rich_r

First Name
RIch
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Range Rover sport
Country flag
I'd expect the next gen Panamera will probably grow in size and probably offer more luxuries in order to create more separation between it and the Taycan. Porsche thinks of the Taycan like a 5 series and the Panamera like a 7 series but the the size and pricing dont' currently have the same separation as BMW/Audi/MB do w/ their mid vs large sedans which causes confusion.

OP
OP
Kingske

Kingske

First Name
Frank
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2020 Porsche Taycan 4S, 2024 BMW X3, 2014 BMW 3 GT
Country flag
I'd expect the next gen Panamera will probably grow in size and probably offer more luxuries in order to create more separation between it and the Taycan. Porsche thinks of the Taycan like a 5 series and the Panamera like a 7 series but the the size and pricing dont' currently have the same separation as BMW/Audi/MB do w/ their mid vs large sedans which causes confusion.
You may be right. The current Taycan and Panamera are too close in dimensions to justify an independent survival going forward. Supersizing the Panamera would be a way out.

W1NGE

First Name
Adrian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
GTS ST, Macan T
Country flag
It's the same size and is just an evolution of the current gen. Does offer soft close and other luxuries that the Taycan currently doesn't.

There is already the exec model which has a longer wheelbase and longer rear doors. Built originally for the Chinese market but sold worldwide.

HeTakesThatFivePercent

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'22 Taycan 4S (incoming)
Country flag
You may well be right, but the current-gen Panamera is such a whale already! Still love it, just sold mine, but that thing was sometimes a bother to drive in tight city streets, it is just so freakin' huge.
Sponsored