felixtb

First Name
felix
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Porsche: Taycan R; Tesla: orig Roadster, X, new roadster reserved
Country flag
believe me you will be VERY disappointed if you think that the final version will look any different than what we are calling the mules..... they are production ready in my humble opinion and the only thing that makes them look more panameraish than mission-e:ish is the changed roofline that is much too bulbous at the back end to better accommodate rear seat passengers. and YES this really is a very sad design decision since it was the agressive roofline that drew me to the concept. all the other details are added benefit but does not change the porsche silhouette as much as that roofline.......... :-(
Sponsored

Reactions: Ron

Raek

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S, E92 M3, Wrangler TJ
Country flag
I was into the car for what it is, rather than what it looks like. Sure, the Mission E looks amazing...but, there was no way it was ever going to look like that and 1) be road legal in the United States and 2) be under $150k USD.

This will be an extremely good looking car lowered an inch or two and with proper wheels/body mods. I'll be digging into it as soon as I take delivery. As soon as I find out the wheels specs from the factory, I'll be on the hunt for wheels ;)

domin1720

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2017 macan gts
Country flag
So even though this image was in the official Taycan campaign (with side mirrors visible) it won't be the actual car?

Porsche Taycan Taycan Overall Profile 20190423_204637

Big_Pete1999

First Name
Peter
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Why yes, I do have vehicles, thanks for asking
Country flag
believe me you will be VERY disappointed if you think that the final version will look any different than what we are calling the mules..... they are production ready in my humble opinion and the only thing that makes them look more panameraish than mission-e:ish is the changed roofline that is much too bulbous at the back end to better accommodate rear seat passengers. and YES this really is a very sad design decision since it was the agressive roofline that drew me to the concept. all the other details are added benefit but does not change the porsche silhouette as much as that roofline.......... :-(
They actually came out with pictures yesterday of the Taycan without the front light camo panels taped on it. Even just peeling off the headlight covers is making a gigantic aesthetic improvement.

Porsche Taycan Taycan Overall Profile porsche-taycan-prototype-shows-production-lights-in-traffic-looks-sleek-134014_1
Porsche Taycan Taycan Overall Profile porsche-taycan-prototype-shows-production-lights-in-traffic-looks-sleek_2

Last edited by a moderator:

felixtb

First Name
felix
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
So even though this image was in the official Taycan campaign (with side mirrors visible) it won't be the actual car?
In my opinion the only way those really wide haunches will happen is if Porsche has an extra wide ‘Turbo’ body....... and sadly I think that’s very much wishful thinking, considering that they have finally faced that idea out from the 911 line...... and for the Taycan that would mean widening the rear wheel wells AND the rear doors.......

Last edited:
Reactions: Ron

Friedrich

First Name
Friedrich
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Future: 2020 Porsche Taycan, 2022 Tesla Y; Current: Boxster S, Acura MDX; Past: 66 VW Beetle, 82 Porsche SC Targa, 91 Acura NSX, 98 Porsche Carrera Cabr, 2002 Porsche Carrera Cabr, 2004 Porsche Cayenne S
Country flag
The Taycan ad soul electrified is a photo of the Mission E, which is just gorgeous, but the flares for the rear fender are lost to make realistic sitting room in the rear seats making it a more practical 4 or 5 passenger car, watering down the design. The front fenders are tone down to match the rear and to be more in line with the rest of the Porsche line up of vehicles............ and as some say, they Panameraized the design. But all Porsche's have the undeniable Porsche basic design concept for the past 60 years, so take the Taycan for what it is, the first electric mass produced vehicle with a sporty design.

The rear end on one of the spy photos with huge lights looks like red tape. I expect the rear tail lights to be very similar to the new 911 and Panamera, a considerable improvement over taillights of the past 10 years

Porsche Taycan Taycan Overall Profile MissionERearEnd

Passifier

First Name
Ron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
TAYCAN TURBO in production - (Tesla S-SOLD), Cayenne, MB 300 SUV
Country flag
I agree with it all. This is another Panamera
I sure you are wrong and we are all surprised but I am worried about the final design. By the way, I just drove the new Audi E-tron SUV and the car looks much better than the photo's and has a stunning interior. The one I drove was listed at 90k with all of the whistles and bells and I would say was a much better riding vehicle than my Tesla S and the fit and finish on the Audi blows away the Tesla. Hopefully, we will not be dissapointed with the Taycan since I too have had money down for a very long time and bought a Cayenne just to have something new to drive until the Taycan came to our shores. I was planning on going to Germany to pick it up but cannot get any firm answers if that will be allowed. Just have to wait and see.....

Passifier

First Name
Ron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
TAYCAN TURBO in production - (Tesla S-SOLD), Cayenne, MB 300 SUV
Country flag
I sure you are wrong and we are all surprised but I am worried about the final design. By the way, I just drove the new Audi E-tron SUV and the car looks much better than the photo's and has a stunning interior. The one I drove was listed at 90k with all of the whistles and bells and I would say was a much better riding vehicle than my Tesla S and the fit and finish on the Audi blows away the Tesla. Hopefully, we will not be dissapointed with the Taycan since I too have had money down for a very long time and bought a Cayenne just to have something new to drive until the Taycan came to our shores. I was planning on going to Germany to pick it up but cannot get any firm answers if that will be allowed. Just have to wait and see.....
OOPS....MEANT TO SAY..I sure hope you are wrong....left out the word "hope"

felixtb

First Name
felix
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
I was planning on going to Germany to pick it up but cannot get any firm answers if that will be allowed. Just have to wait and see.....
Pretty sure that will not be possible since the electrical inlets even if it’s CCS on both side of the Atlantic are very different so there would be a lot of changes to the car when it arrived in the US....... but then again I guess if you would be willing to pay for that change then I guess why not.......
Sponsored