OP
Dollymite

Dollymite

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
AMG C43
Country flag
The Q7 and the Taycan are almost the same dimensions.
If you’re already doing fine in the Q7, I can’t see the Taycan being a problem.
To note: I do go other places, obviously!
Sponsored

WuffvonTrips

First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan Turbo CT
Country flag
I’m not. I scraped it the other day and that’s what sent me into a doubt spiral! I’ve managed to avoid having to drive it much for the past few years (husband’s car) and that’s what has made me wonder whether I’d truly enjoy the CT if everywhere I go on a daily basis is either a narrow lane or a tiny village car park…
Although my previous answer was basically "don't worry", that was on the subject of narrow lanes and village streets. Car parks (anywhere) are a different matter- the Taycan will usually fit in a parking space, but not always with enough room around it to not worry about careless neighbours opening their doors in to it (another reason I have PPF on the flanks, though obviously even that wouldn't be enough should someone really whack it with their door).

OP
OP
Dollymite

Dollymite

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
AMG C43
Country flag
Although my previous answer was basically "don't worry", that was on the subject of narrow lanes and village streets. Car parks (anywhere) are a different matter- the Taycan will usually fit in a parking space, but not always with enough room around it to not worry about careless neighbours opening their doors in to it (another reason I have PPF on the flanks, though obviously even that wouldn't be enough should someone really whack it with their door).
I think I’ll look into this PPF thing more closely. Or just put the whole car inside one of those zorbing balls. I’ve never pranged a car in twenty five years and one stupid oversight has knocked my confidence I think.

tchavei

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Too many to list. Includes a MY23 Taycan RWD
Country flag
I agree and it pisses me off seeing how many vertical scratches (or lines) my current car accumulated over the years on the doors. People just have no respect or care when they're exiting or entering their cars. I don't even know how to avoid it. Park halfway in two parking slots? That feels bad by itself and Park Security might come up to you to tell you to park the car properly.

I don't know. It sucks.

Raphie

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Porsche Taycan 4s (21)
Country flag
It’s 9cm’s wider than an e class, with mirrors closed I’ve got 3cms on each side entering my works parking garage, that’s with mirrors folded up, with open mirrors I can’t enter.

Ross

First Name
Ross
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan GTS - Audi Etron
Country flag
‘Only’ 11.5 wider than a 911.
Taycan is perfectly manageable.
Narrower than any super/hyper car.
I squeeze my Taycan through this gap at work every day!

Porsche Taycan Taycan Owners and Very Narrow Lanes 72CBEB18-2A89-4D24-9676-E0AD995BABA4

tchavei

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
‘Only’ 11.5 wider than a 911.
Taycan is perfectly manageable.
Narrower than any super/hyper car.
I squeeze my Taycan through this gap at work every day!

72CBEB18-2A89-4D24-9676-E0AD995BABA4.jpeg
Wait what?

You squeeze your taycan through that kitchen door? The blue line is hitting the wall! :oops: 😱

NuJerzPorsche

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Porsche Taycan 4S
Country flag
Parking is the only difficult problem since spaces are so small nowadays and cars are wider. I’ve started using my handicap tag a lot since they are bigger spaces and less traffic plus it avoid someone bashing into your car with their door

mutanthands

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan GTS, Suzuki Cara
Country flag
I’m not. I scraped it the other day and that’s what sent me into a doubt spiral! I’ve managed to avoid having to drive it much for the past few years (husband’s car) and that’s what has made me wonder whether I’d truly enjoy the CT if everywhere I go on a daily basis is either a narrow lane or a tiny village car park…
Fair enough.
I'm in rural North Yorkshire and haven't had any problems so far (touch wood).
The only thing I worry about, as you mentioned, is narrow car parks, but haven't had an issue yet. My theory is that if a space is too small, there is usually an alternative option somewhere nearby. Having said that, I do find myself parking at the other end of the supermarket car park to avoid others 😄
Getting the car PPF'd helps alleviate some of the concerns with light scrapes or scratches from bushes.etc

tchavei

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
Fair enough.
I'm in rural North Yorkshire and haven't had any problems so far (touch wood).
The only thing I worry about, as you mentioned, is narrow car parks, but haven't had an issue yet. My theory is that if a space is too small, there is usually an alternative option somewhere nearby. Having said that, I do find myself parking at the other end of the supermarket car park to avoid others 😄
Getting the car PPF'd helps alleviate some of the concerns with light scrapes or scratches from bushes.etc
I wonder how much a PPF for the side doors could cost. Looking at my current car, I mostly only have scratches on the doors. The back is always pristine (because random people hit me from behind once a year which means the back was painted like 6 times already - no Joke). The front also seems pretty clean. We don't get as much stone chips on highways here.

mutanthands

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan GTS, Suzuki Cara
Country flag
I wonder how much a PPF for the side doors could cost. Looking at my current car, I mostly only have scratches on the doors. The back is always pristine (because random people hit me from behind once a year which means the back was painted like 6 times already - no Joke). The front also seems pretty clean. We don't get as much stone chips on highways here.
I don't know about prices in Portugal, but near me, I was quoted around £4k for the entire car.
Based on this, I guess around £200 per door?

tchavei

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
I don't know about prices in Portugal, but near me, I was quoted around £4k for the entire car.
Based on this, I guess around £200 per door?
That seem reasonable to be honest. I mean, it won't protect one of a large door swing hitting you but looking at my current car doors, I see scuffs and chips. Only one ding in the rear left door and I know who did it (my kid when he was while opening the door and hitting a cement pole :mad:😂)

Leverage

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S Cross Turismo
Country flag
The fact that the Taycan is the same dimension than the Q7 but that you are A LOT lower makes it even harder to judge the space when driving in narrow lanes/parking. I've find it very tricky but I got the car for only 1week. And yes, I'm already being picky about the roads that I'm taking... and I'm used to drive a Grand Cherokee (same size as the Taycan) without any troubles.

Ross

First Name
Ross
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan GTS - Audi Etron
Country flag
Wait what?

You squeeze your taycan through that kitchen door? The blue line is hitting the wall! :oops: 😱
Here is my shapeshifting Taycan installed in the space. Not as good a view as from the magnificent rear view camera.
I specced Cloaking Device and Shapeshifting as factory options. Not available in all markets.

Porsche Taycan Taycan Owners and Very Narrow Lanes 588932A7-F110-4B1C-AA92-DD44D74932BC

Porsche Taycan Taycan Owners and Very Narrow Lanes ADEA2D63-7ADB-4E75-A93A-3EB8814CB247

OP
OP
Dollymite

Dollymite

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
AMG C43
Country flag
Here is my shapeshifting Taycan installed in the space. Not as good a view as from the magnificent rear view camera.
I specced Cloaking Device and Shapeshifting as factory options. Not available in all markets.

588932A7-F110-4B1C-AA92-DD44D74932BC.jpeg

ADEA2D63-7ADB-4E75-A93A-3EB8814CB247.jpeg
That’s impressive! Also, what is up with the rear camera? Is it that distorted all the time?