DerekS

First Name
Derek
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Taycan GTS
Country flag
the frustration should be that Porsche claimed that the cars would be updated OTA rather than at the dealership. the last update took 2 days, this one I have to wait until the end of august in order for them to provide a loaner. they failed on the promise of OTA updates
At least the PCM updates are OTA now. I’ve even seen a few map updates. That’s progress!
Sponsored

OP
OP
Henke

Henke

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S
Country flag
When I was shopping for my Taycan I was worried about the 12v battery drain (it was a big thing at that time) so I asked a dealer about it. They said they have never heard of it but the reality was that they had 2 bricked Taycans in service. They might lose a customer if they admit there are issues. How does your SA know that all 23 owners are happy? Did he call them one by one? My SA never called me to check if I am happy.

I understand that you want some peace of mind, but it does not matter what the SAs or the forum members say. If you happen to be in the x% of the cars that have serious or repeated issues, then as mentioned above, good luck to you to getting a resolution with PCNA...
If you are in the (100-x)% of lucky owners then you will enjoy the car.
I understand what you’re saying and I’m long in the tooth enough to not believe what I’m told without verifying. I actually expect some level of lying from the sales person or shall we say white lies. But I can also be ready for that and ask questions in such a way as to get the correct answer. It’s also about setting expectations for what would happen in the event of a problem, how it would be handled. Perhaps getting a reference or two.

charliemathilde

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
I reached out to my SA. His response is that he has sold 23 Taycans and every one of his customers has been happy. He acknowledged the MY20 had issues and believes these were no major issues with MY21 and expects MY22 to be even better. He will setup a meeting with me and his sales manager and service manager.

Is there anyone else at the dealer who is important that I should meet with? Do they have a customer service/complaints manager or is that dealt with by the sales manager?
their boss would be the dealership's general manager. I can't think of anyone else you'd want to talk to beyond the service & sales managers, and perhaps the GM.

think about what you want, both to say, and as an outcome. If you don't go into the meeting with an agenda, you won't get as much as you want out of it.

Keep in mind these folks are the dealership. They aren't engineers. They don't work for Porsche (PAG). The dealership is a franchise to sell cars. THEY DO NOT WORK FOR PORSCHE. Just saying, they can help you communicate with Porsche. They can escalate to PCNA (or your national group, who probably also is not Porsche). They can do better on the loaner. Or offer you a trade in on good terms. Or many other aspects to switching the car or changing the service.

Genau

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2020 Taycan 4S
Country flag

Torv

First Name
Torv
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S
Country flag
their boss would be the dealership's general manager. I can't think of anyone else you'd want to talk to beyond the service & sales managers, and perhaps the GM.

think about what you want, both to say, and as an outcome. If you don't go into the meeting with an agenda, you won't get as much as you want out of it.

Keep in mind these folks are the dealership. They aren't engineers. They don't work for Porsche (PAG). The dealership is a franchise to sell cars. THEY DO NOT WORK FOR PORSCHE. Just saying, they can help you communicate with Porsche. They can escalate to PCNA (or your national group, who probably also is not Porsche). They can do better on the loaner. Or offer you a trade in on good terms. Or many other aspects to switching the car or changing the service.
I think this is where the rubber meets the road.

In my case, I probably went to 6 or so dealers before I found one that gave me the impression that I was more than a transaction. Finding a dealer you trust, one who has your back is difficult, especially in this environment where customer service takes a back seat to the bottom line. The dealer I bought my Taycan from gave me the impression that they were genuinely caring individuals who cared about developing a long term relationship. I hope my trust and my initial impressions are justified. Only time will tell.

OP
OP
Henke

Henke

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S
Country flag

Good advice, thanks.

Lauryen828

First Name
Lauryen
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Porsche Taycan 4S
Country flag
Things work in very strange ways. When 991 GT3 owners experienced an abnormal amount of engines failing, it was a single issue (finger followers). It was fairly easy to attract a group of owners to negotiate on behalf of all a settlement with PCNA. It seems the Taycan issues are so widespread that there can be little expectation of cohesion due to varying issues that are not totally duplicative. I feel very badly for anyone that has gone through what you have experienced. I fully expected some early adoption issues, but your experience in my view requires Porsche to step up, intervene and make you happy. I know from experience that Porsche reads these boards everyday and knows everything that is going on and being posted. They may be in danger of tarnishing a brand that took decades to build. When the JD Power survey comes out, it will be too late. Porsche needs to get more tech's trained, buy more PIWIS for dealers and lastly make their customers whole in every way. It is just not acceptable to pay for a car that has been "inop" for two weeks, let alone two months. To Porsche - do the right thing and stop this freight train before it runs over the brand. Remember, you can only lose your reputation once.
Their reputation is lost with me. First time Porsche owner 4/2/2021, 2021 Taycan 4S. My car has been in service so many times, I literally know every sales and service employee in the building. A total of 79 days with the dealership. Porsche offered a repurchase (This is the only car I wanted), they offered to replace the car which I was excited about, but I have Frozen Berry Metallic there are only 2 left in the country both 27K more than my MSRP so if they replace it with either of those Im responsible for the 27K difference. So they are telling me I will have to take another color (color is important, frozen berry is what I chose, intentionally), 3rd option accept a monetary offer and keep my car, but I would waive my lemon law rights. Im not sure what to do at this point. I would love it if they would just swap mine out for the one with the higher MSRP but... At least they are willing to replace it but I want the same color. The car just isnt the same to me if its not frozen berry.
Seen a lot of posts with people complaining about various issues regarding reliability, charging issues, Porsche/dealer support etc.

I’m just trying to get a feel for the percentage of people who feel like they made a good decision vs a bad decision in getting their car.

Given this is a fairly new car for Porsche, you would expect there to be some teething problems. I’m not sure at this point if I should be concerned with what I read on the forum or is it just an expected number of issues based on the number of people who hav me the car. I’m sure people are more likely to share a bad experience than if the car is performing as expected. Thank you!
I selected disappointed due to issues initially without reading this post. Disappointed with issues YES! Do I love the car and the Performance YES YES YES! I changed my vote to exceeds because they car is AMAZING! The performance is Outstanding and I couldnt be happier. Despite the issues PCNA has been beyond helpful in helping me in this process in regards to the problems I have had. So with that I must say I am extremley happy and very pleased with this car. It commands attention. I have the Frozen Berry 4S

Jancha

First Name
Janis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
911 Cabrio (ex Taycan 4s+)
Country flag
Only complaint - rattles :/ got burmester and it is so so so incompatible with door panels (vibrates badly). Will have to redo all doors, and more. Otherwise, exceptional car.

OP
OP
Henke

Henke

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S
Country flag
@Henke thanks for this poll. I think it really shows that most people here really love their car. It helps cut through some of the forum doom and gloom.
Yeah, I wanted to get a better, data driven picture then just the posts. I’m sure people are more likely to post with issues than just to say “car was great today”.

I don’t want to diminish the people who are upset either as it seems like most or all of them have real issues. But the overall percentage is lower than you might have thought.

kort

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'21 taycan 4s
Country flag
Yeah, I wanted to get a better, data driven picture then just the posts. I’m sure people are more likely to post with issues than just to say “car was great today”.

I don’t want to diminish the people who are upset either as it seems like most or all of them have real issues. But the overall percentage is lower than you might have thought.
the car is great but the problems are many and if you are one of those with problems a car sitting at a service center is not going to be a great experience

Enassar1

First Name
Eddie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Taycan 4s
Country flag
Car drives great, but radio, Xm, apple play, and streaming are horrible. Takes many minutes of driving in silence and watching turning wheel loading before anything loads up. Many times Apple Music won’t load. Often apple play doesn’t load. Seems like this should be an easy fix with an update, but hasn’t happened, yet. It’s disappointing to have released the car with this many pcm issues. I also had air conditioning go out after having the car for two weeks. Was in shop for two weeks for repairs. It’s a beautiful car with a hell of a drive, but the issues really suck.
Sponsored