Jhenson29

First Name
Jeremy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2016 Macan S; 2021 Taycan 4S; 2023 911 GTS Cab
Country flag
Not to get off topic, but I use the Connect app for checking the charge, climate settings, and occasionally adjusting timers, and haven’t had any issues. It works consistently for everything I use it for.
Sponsored

Silveral

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Taycan 4S
Country flag
I just cannot express how happy I am. So much better than my 991S. I truly cannot see myself with oil filters, air filters, sparkplugs, oil …..so 1900s! We are in the future with a Porsche from the future. Not a Tesla (although thanks to them) but a real, truly BREATHTAKING Porsche.

chrisk

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2020 Taycan 4S
Country flag
My vote goes to extremely disappointed because of

1) so many rattles in the interior which is not what I have experienced from any other Porsche. That is by far my biggest issue.
2) software bugs some of them just annoying and others very serious like the power loss bug
3) after sale customer service well below my expectations, the brand and the dealer being unable to address 1 and 2 above despite the multiple visits to the service department. Also the lack of local inventory for parts (even for non electronic parts like a windshield) that leads to lengthy wait times for repairs is inexcusable for such a company.

Yes the car drives nice but the items above ruin the experience so far and I have had much better experiences with other German brands and with another Porsche model so I expected better from the Taycan than make me feel being a beta tester.

Last edited:

amazing

First Name
Matthew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'99 540i, '20 Merc Sprinter 4x4, 21 Taycan 4S
Country flag
And I voted 'a little disappointed' because no matter how much I like driving the car such an expensive vehicle shouldn't have any problems. I'm directly comparing it to a 2021 RS6 a family member recently bought. The car doesn't have any problems, the app for it works flawlessly, it's just a normal new car experience.

feye

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Porsche Taycan 4S+ 2020
Country flag
My vote goes to extremely disappointed because of

1) so many rattles in the interior which is not what I have experienced from any other Porsche. That is by far my biggest issue.
2) software bugs some of them just annoying and others very serious like the power loss bug
3) after sale customer service well below my expectations, the brand and the dealer being unable to address 1 and 2 above despite the multiple visits to the service department. Also the lack of local inventory for parts (even for non electronic parts like a windshield) that leads to lengthy wait times for repairs is inexcusable for such a company.

Yes the car drives nice but the items above ruin the experience so far and I have had much better experiences with other German brands and with another Porsche model so I expected better from the Taycan than make me feel being a beta tester.
Could the rattle be related to vibrations from the front motor? There were cases like this in Germany, where Porsche agreed to replace the front motor with a few more things to fix it. Apparently, the 4S has a construction fault in the mounting.

feye

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Porsche Taycan 4S+ 2020
Country flag
And I voted 'a little disappointed' because no matter how much I like driving the car such an expensive vehicle shouldn't have any problems. I'm directly comparing it to a 2021 RS6 a family member recently bought. The car doesn't have any problems, the app for it works flawlessly, it's just a normal new car experience.
You are right. The Taycan was rushed due to regulatory pressure...

chrisk

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2020 Taycan 4S
Country flag
Could the rattle be related to vibrations from the front motor? There were cases like this in Germany, where Porsche agreed to replace the front motor with a few more things to fix it. Apparently, the 4S has a construction fault in the mounting.
No, my rattles are due to poor assembly quality like big panel gaps, panels that are not properly screwed together, loose parts inside the panels etc.
Sometimes I feel they outsourced the interior assembly to tesla

Last edited:

TYKHAAAN

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S, Ram 2500, Kia EV9
Voted exceed expectations. Had the car6/7 months and I still love driving it all the time for no reason. I’m still working from home but almost every day i make a reason to drive it. My wife thinks I’m nuts! The issues I’ve had with it are pretty much all software related as many have mentioned. It is just well below what it should be in a car like this. Still, this is just an amazing car and I am completely happy with my choice.…except if I could have afforded to go all out with a Turbo S!

Mr Hockey

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Taycan 4S
Country flag
Two weeks into it, the charging port malfunctions leaving us stranded over two hundred miles from our destination. Porsche customer support was not what I would expect and no one has bothered to follow up (although my dealer did try to help). The car is fun to drive but I’m feeling underwhelmed by Porsche and concerned the car is going to be a headache.

Gwaihir

First Name
Ken
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan GTS ST
Country flag
Voted VERY HAPPY; that doesn’t mean no problems. Saying that, all the Porsche’s I’ve purchased over the last 10 years have been new models, and all have had issues. I’m grateful I’ve had no issues with the alarm! Unlike all the others! Maybe they have finally go it right?
my biggest gripe with my 4S is the mis-match of software that appears to be made by many companies (the car doesn’t even have a consistent typeface throughout!) All that aside, it’s still the best Porsche I’ve owned and when I change it (12 months old at the moment) it will be for another Taycan. . . . . .. can’t say better than that.

galaxyclass

First Name
Thomas
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S, Tesla M3LR, RAM 1500 2019, MB SLK 200
Country flag
Voted „very happy“, leaving the final point for a time when all the software glitches will be gone :)

andrewh3

First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S
Country flag
I voted exceeded expectations. I am still discovering features and tools after 3 months. Yes, I have had the odd error weird error message and software glitches, but again like others have said I have been looking for excuses to drive - sadly 3 weeks into a total lockdown not much but actually do look forward to driving when I can! Have not tried a long trip as not possible at the moment and pretty limited infrastructure in Australia. Even so, would still buy again tomorrow.

911GP

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S Volcano Grey
Country flag
I voted exceeded expectations mainly because I had read about so many issues on here, as you do on all forums, and most have not been an issue for me.

The car is great and I love driving it. It is sporty yet comfortable and quiet and looks great.

My only issue is with a rattle in the passenger seat which is getting worse and due to go in to the dealer in a couple of weeks to get fixed. I am disappointed that this is an issue on such an expensive car and would have expected better from the Porsche brand.

Everything else is ok. I know the software isn't the best but it does enough for me and help from this forum and youtube videos has got me where I need to be. I actually like the Connect app.

Thanks for starting this topic. It is good to see most are very happy with their cars.

JimBob

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S
Country flag
Vey happy but with the nagging little thought in the back of my mind that something is about to break.
Sponsored