Torv

First Name
Torv
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S
Country flag
Finally cast my vote. Put exceeding expectations because after two weeks without my car due to the application of a full PPF, I can't believe how much I truly missed it. I am, in a word, completely smitten! I love this car because it tickles every fancy and sensory touchpoint. The car simply plants a big shit-eating grin on my face every time I settle into the incredible seats. True, the PCM may have some user issues, but I'm coming around to understanding it's logic and once you get there, it's frankly not bad. Basically, the Taycan rocks my world!
Sponsored

ampitup

First Name
Charley
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Taycan 4S
Country flag
My Taycan 4S has more than exceeded my expectations. I do not have the battery plus options so I was concerned about my range. As it turns out I am hitting close to 270 in Normal Range with the A/C set at 70 degrees and driving at speeds exceed 80mph when possible. Have not used the launch function yet but I'm sure that will have a negative effect on my total range.

kreshi

First Name
hansi
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4s
Country flag
Car drives great, but radio, Xm, apple play, and streaming are horrible. Takes many minutes of driving in silence and watching turning wheel loading before anything loads up. Many times Apple Music won’t load. Often apple play doesn’t load. Seems like this should be an easy fix with an update, but hasn’t happened, yet. It’s disappointing to have released the car with this many pcm issues. I also had air conditioning go out after having the car for two weeks. Was in shop for two weeks for repairs. It’s a beautiful car with a hell of a drive, but the issues really suck.
This is not normal! My apple CarPlay connects within the first 10-20 seconds and plays music right away. You should get it checked.

Gambler

First Name
SAM
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
TAYCAN 4
Country flag
Only complaint - rattles :/ got burmester and it is so so so incompatible with door panels (vibrates badly). Will have to redo all doors, and more. Otherwise, exceptional car.
I had the same rattle issues, however duct-tap all wires that goes inside the door panels which will help significantly, in reducing the rattle noise, also place a piece of foam between the panel and the door, I highly recommend. My tip to you don't waste your time with the dealer, they won't do anything.

chrisk

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2020 Taycan 4S
Country flag
Last edited:

Lauryen828

First Name
Lauryen
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Porsche Taycan 4S
Country flag
If you really love the car, color and spec. Why not lemon it and take the $$$ now. After the repurchase of your car, order a duplicate. PCNA might permit the buy back when your new car is delivered, albeit with some mileage depreciation. If the car is not reliable, sell it to PCNA now and drive another vehicle for a few months, if you have one. If not, then possibly a rental might work for you. Either way, good luck.
I thought about the rental idea as I don't have another vehicle at the moment, however I am working with PCNA on other options to get it replaced while still having a vehicle to drive. Hopefully, it wont be too long! But, I am definitely going to lemon it.

andix

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
991.1 S, Taycan Turbo (4/21), others
Country flag
Taycan turbo, about 2500 miles.

To be fair, I had a weird problem 3x – power was very low, couldn't really accelerate etc.
It was in with Porsche twice, first time they tried via software, second time they fixed it. A magnetic valve had a production fault so battery cooling didn't work properly.
Had to drive other Porsche's while car was in service (10 days in total). They're fun but guzzle a lot of gas in comparison ;-)

Now, couldn't be happier. Car's smooth as silk and fast like hell. B/ of the try-and-error approach I think I got the lastest SW, so also other problems are minor. E.g., PCM works fine, I question some usability but I guess I am more a driver than a gamer so np.

Summary: best road car ever!

Jancha

First Name
Janis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
911 Cabrio (ex Taycan 4s+)
Country flag
I had the same rattle issues, however duct-tap all wires that goes inside the door panels which will help significantly, in reducing the rattle noise, also place a piece of foam between the panel and the door, I highly recommend. My tip to you don't waste your time with the dealer, they won't do anything.
thanks for hints.

dealer said that they might look into rattles, but it seems that I will take a car in a audio workshop to redo all doors - I want the dealer to pay for it :). Burmester is very powerful and I want to be able to enjoy the sound without unnecessary noises, and I don’t believe that rattles should be considered “normal” situation.

John89

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
Great car, drives really well. Buttoned down very, very well. Smooth and responsive, very good driving dynamics. Good looking.

Electronics, many glitches. Reliability, poor for a Porsche product.

Pwh819

First Name
Peter
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Cross Turismo - Chalk
Country flag
I reached out to my SA. His response is that he has sold 23 Taycans and every one of his customers has been happy. He acknowledged the MY20 had issues and believes these were no major issues with MY21 and expects MY22 to be even better. He will setup a meeting with me and his sales manager and service manager.

Is there anyone else at the dealer who is important that I should meet with? Do they have a customer service/complaints manager or is that dealt with by the sales manager?
I learned early on to develop a relationship with the guys in the service department. Not only do they know how to fix problems but they also hear everything first from their customers. IMHO, your best source of info, especially with new technology that the sales people don’t understand themselves (selling mainly ICE Porsche’s).

OP
OP
Henke

Henke

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S
Country flag
I learned early on to develop a relationship with the guys in the service department. Not only do they know how to fix problems but they also hear everything first from their customers. IMHO, your best source of info, especially with new technology that the sales people don’t understand themselves (selling mainly ICE Porsche’s).
Great idea. I will ask my SA to introduce me to the guys who work on the Taycan.

Kingske

First Name
Frank
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2020 Porsche Taycan 4S, 2024 BMW X3, 2014 BMW 3 GT
Country flag
Great car, drives really well. Buttoned down very, very well. Smooth and responsive, very good driving dynamics. Good looking.

Electronics, many glitches. Reliability, poor for a Porsche product.
Are you happier with the range now, in the summer?

Socks

First Name
Candi
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan4s
Country flag
This is tremendous feedback!
Hi..I have the 2021 4s you mention Porschelnnodrive and enhanced steering? what are these updates? did you figure out a way to get them? thanks

CarolineK

First Name
Caroline
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S
Country flag
Seen a lot of posts with people complaining about various issues regarding reliability, charging issues, Porsche/dealer support etc.

I’m just trying to get a feel for the percentage of people who feel like they made a good decision vs a bad decision in getting their car.

Given this is a fairly new car for Porsche, you would expect there to be some teething problems. I’m not sure at this point if I should be concerned with what I read on the forum or is it just an expected number of issues based on the number of people who hav me the car. I’m sure people are more likely to share a bad experience than if the car is performing as expected. Thank you!
I love owning and driving my 4S. I have never obsessed about a car like i have with this one. I have no regrets, none. The best thing.

OP
OP
Henke

Henke

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S
Country flag
Hi..I have the 2021 4s you mention Porschelnnodrive and enhanced steering? what are these updates? did you figure out a way to get them? thanks
I think you replied to the wrong person:)
Sponsored