dckyoto

First Name
Dylan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Porsche Taycan Turbo
Country flag
Some ppl were complaining about the connect app but I haven’t hit any issues with it and I use it all the time - I love kicking off the air conditioning as I’m leaving a place.

what issues are people having with it? There are some delays when using it as it communicates via servers with your car but that doesn’t affect the usage, you just need to wait for the spinning icon to stop and it takes a few seconds.

The only issue I have is that Porsche sometimes do maintenance on the servers and there is no notification of this. They need to have a fail safe server that simply reports that they are doing maintenance right now and when it is scheduled to finish.
Sponsored

snstevens

First Name
Sam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S
Country flag
SWORDER, +1.

Agreed 100%. Having owned my 4S for a month roughly, I have the exact same experiences.

But I knew there would be 'teething problems', and so I'm not regretting the purchase. Like SWORDER, I am actually making up excuses to drive the car every day. :)

I also am astounded at how 'beta' all the Porsche software feels. It's quite bizarre for a company that is so meticulous in many other areas. Again, driving the car is so exhilarating that I can forgive these minor problems.

Another example: my 4S is eligible for upgrades, like PorscheInnodrive and Enhanced Steering -- as downloads. I have tried 5x to give Porsche my $ through the web portal and no luck. Every time I get a vague error, like 'Error: Try Again Later.'

Minor grievances, and thus I voted 'Very Happy'. ?
While the software is far from perfect it’s really not as bad as some might make it out to be. I use the connect app now and then but not frequently. I tweak the software settings all the time and after a while I just get used to how the settings operate. I’ve added my two bits in terms of recommendations for an approved charging control interface but I’m not holding out hope for that.

In many ways this is the same as for almost every other car I’ve owned except instead of complaining about the software I would be complaining about the hardware.

I found there’s always some aspect of the “user interface” that is non-intuitive and awful even if it’s mechanical button arrangement.

Hands-down the Taycan 4s is the best car I’ve ever owned.

Last edited:
First Name
Charlie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Porsche Taycan 4S
Country flag
I voted very happy! As I already knew what I wouldn’t like about the car.
I am 1000 miles in and love the speed, comfort and kerb appeal. The car gets so many looks and people come up to me and ask me about it which is cool.
As a Londoner I am getting to grips with the charging and the cards and apps you need. So feeling great about charging now. Haven’t been in a petrol station for 3 months which is great!
The Infotainment is what I knew would be poor. Apple carplay is great but needs to be over multi screens, an apple problem. The Porsche software is poor but this is something that can be changed over night. One day they will hire someone who will sort it all out over the air. Finger crossed that’s soon.
Over all I love this car!!

Porsche Taycan Taycan owners - how happy with purchase? 92422EBC-77BE-403F-8CE3-091354632304

Porsche Taycan Taycan owners - how happy with purchase? 6B00699E-2BBC-4BAE-B739-555DDA467EA3

Lee Roy

First Name
lee
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4 s
Country flag
I was let done down by Jaguar for an I pace purchase and stumbled across this brand new Taycan. It had just hit the dealership destined to be there next demo with a big spec and a situation arose where I could drive it away. (No waiting) When I saw I bought it with my heart and touch wood NO issues to date. (5000 miles in 6 months) I'm just in the middle of a 1000 miles staycation trip and I am not finding an issue with charging. The ZAP app is priceless and nipping out for a charge is another drive to look forward to. Guess I'm pretty happy. PS - I only put 10k miles on my last Sunday car in 4 and half years which I think speaks volumes.

XLR82XS

First Name
LXA
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Taycan | 2021 Cayenne GTS | 2018 991.2 | DMC
Much, much better. 280 mile guesstimate @ 100% today.

Seeing about 225 miles at 85%, real range, driving all the way down.

Saw a real 242 @ 100% a month or so ago, drove down to 10 miles of range.
Many that are new to EVs don't realize how much cold weather effects range.

Bluebeauty

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Taycan 4S
Country flag
Seen a lot of posts with people complaining about various issues regarding reliability, charging issues, Porsche/dealer support etc.

I’m just trying to get a feel for the percentage of people who feel like they made a good decision vs a bad decision in getting their car.

Given this is a fairly new car for Porsche, you would expect there to be some teething problems. I’m not sure at this point if I should be concerned with what I read on the forum or is it just an expected number of issues based on the number of people who hav me the car. I’m sure people are more likely to share a bad experience than if the car is performing as expected. Thank you!
Have read all the posts in this thread. Astonished at some of the issues Taycan owners are having. Makes me wonder if I’m luckier..? (Doubtful as I’m the kiss of death if I bet on any team in any sport). My vote was “exceeded expectations”. If there was a box to check for “over the moon” I’d have checked that, too. Like others on this thread, I look for reasons to go out in it and never have to look too hard. My 4S replaced a Cayenne Diesel which I drove for six years concurrently with a Tesla X. Loved the Cayenne, hated the X which is now gone, too. Have had some minor software glitches but nothing teeth-grindingly awful. Other posters have found issues with Electrify America charging stations. Our version is Electrify Canada and it has worked exceedingly well (after the hour I spent figuring out how to access it through the Porsche Connect app - it’s NOT intuitive). Have put nearly 6,000 miles on the car since late March and they have been trouble-free. Based on my experience so far am hoping to convince my spouse to replace her Q5 with a Macan EV once they are widely available.

kort

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'21 taycan 4s
Country flag
It is a massive impact.
it's less of an impact if you don't use the cabin heater on your entire trip. just heat the cabin enough to get the chill out of the air then shut it down and rely on the seat heaters and steering wheel heat to keep you comfy. then the impact from the cold temps will be minimized.

Enassar1

First Name
Eddie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Taycan 4s
Country flag
This is not normal! My apple CarPlay connects within the first 10-20 seconds and plays music right away. You should get it checked.
I’ve spoken to dealer, I’ve called and emailed Porsche. What I get from dealer is “the pcm is an issue and we’re waiting for updates”.

RichJ

First Name
Rich
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Taycan 4S, 2015 BMW228ix, 2021 Audi Q7
Country flag
I voted a little disappointed. A week ago I would have voter extremely happy. My first three weeks were great. I love the comfort, speed, smoothness, precise handling and looks. But today the car is in the service department at my dealer with charging problems. I hope they can fix it and get me back on the road.

John89

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
it's less of an impact if you don't use the cabin heater on your entire trip. just heat the cabin enough to get the chill out of the air then shut it down and rely on the seat heaters and steering wheel heat to keep you comfy. then the impact from the cold temps will be minimized.
I live in Chicago. When winter comes, its cold as hell here and heat is mandatory !!
Sponsored