gusone

First Name
gus
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
BMW Series 3 XDRIVE M SPORT
Country flag
I always use PA and it seems the smaller the gap the better the parking. It certainly gets into a smaller gap relative to the size of the car than my previous G20 BMW. Even when it does park it leaves a foot from the kerb which I am not complaining about since the alloys cost a small fortune. But it does mean a wide car sticks out even further. Big gaps seem to confuse PA a little. This attempt made me laugh. Not the first time it parked diagonal.

Porsche Taycan Taycan Parking assist worst efforts IMG_20220217_170625
Sponsored

Last edited:

Jayyvr890

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S
Country flag
I suspect that white curvy line confused the car. I use park assit a lot and find the parking to be either 100% or it says space not big enough ?

WRC_1S

First Name
Wayne
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Porsche Taycan RWD, 1969 911t
Country flag
Yeah I wonder if the speed hump line marking confused it? Parks better than my mum mind! :CWL:

TDinDC

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'22 Taycan 4S Cross Turismo, '06 Club Coupe (#48)
Country flag
Well, I am having a problem with the car parking a foot away from the curb. Everything else is fantastic, but parking a wide car in tight urban streets requires one to park 3-6” away from the curb or choose to be the target for sideswipers.

I was wondering whether the car gets any better over time or does it just stay like this with a one foot gap for life? If so, any way to adjust or change settings? I haven’t seen anything, but thought I would ask.
Thanks.

OP
OP
gusone

gusone

First Name
gus
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
BMW Series 3 XDRIVE M SPORT
Country flag
Well, I am having a problem with the car parking a foot away from the curb. Everything else is fantastic, but parking a wide car in tight urban streets requires one to park 3-6” away from the curb or choose to be the target for sideswipers.

I was wondering whether the car gets any better over time or does it just stay like this with a one foot gap for life? If so, any way to adjust or change settings? I haven’t seen anything, but thought I would ask.
Thanks.
Same here. The neighbours joke I have to get an Uber from the car to the pavement. I did have a theory (untested) that if you start closer to the side of the car you will end up parking behind it parks closer to the kerb. Just not had a chance to test as it's a busy rat run. It could also have something to do with the road being single file when cars are parked on both sides which is always. It has parked closer occasionally. It has also caused me to curb my wheels when it got confused and wedged me in between two vans and I had to dig the car out. Not cool when you have Aero Blades.

TDinDC

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'22 Taycan 4S Cross Turismo, '06 Club Coupe (#48)
Country flag
I have carbon fiber aeroblades too, so also cautious, but I would rather curb a rim than be sideswiped!

Porsche Taycan Taycan Parking assist worst efforts 3499D10C-0E9B-4C35-AAB7-A7E236F39E9E
Sponsored