Administrator

Administrator
Threads
Reaction score
Country flag
From Autocar

Porsche Taycan Performance Kit unleashes EV’s track potential
Chassis package used by car that broke the Nürburgring lap record could eventually be offered outside Germany

The package, offered through the brand’s German Tequipment store, brings two handling upgrades focused on track use.

The first is a set of 21in RS Spyder-design alloy wheels – the lightest set offered on the model, according to a spokesperson – wrapped in sticky Pirelli P Zero Corsa tyres. These measure 275mm wide at the front and 325mm wide at the rear so are wider than those typically offered on even the range-topping Porsche Taycan Turbo S, which gets 265mm-wide rubber up front and 305mm at the rear.

Meanwhile, the suspension receives bespoke software tuned around the grippier tyres.

Read the rest of Autocar's ride-along review at: https://www.autocar.co.uk/car-news/new-cars/porsche-taycan-performance-kit-unleashes-ev’s-track-potential

Porsche Taycan Taycan Performance Kit (Track Package) Ride-Along Review. May Be Offered Outside German Market porsche-taycan-performance-front-three-quarter
Sponsored

jonbek

First Name
J
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4 Cross Turismo
Country flag
Am I reading that right, 11 fronts and 12.5 rears?

daveo4EV

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Cayenne Hybrid, 911(s) GT3/Convertable
Country flag
From Autocar

Porsche Taycan Performance Kit unleashes EV’s track potential
Chassis package used by car that broke the Nürburgring lap record could eventually be offered outside Germany

The package, offered through the brand’s German Tequipment store, brings two handling upgrades focused on track use.

The first is a set of 21in RS Spyder-design alloy wheels – the lightest set offered on the model, according to a spokesperson – wrapped in sticky Pirelli P Zero Corsa tyres. These measure 275mm wide at the front and 325mm wide at the rear so are wider than those typically offered on even the range-topping Porsche Taycan Turbo S, which gets 265mm-wide rubber up front and 305mm at the rear.

Meanwhile, the suspension receives bespoke software tuned around the grippier tyres.

Read the rest of Autocar's ride-along review at: https://www.autocar.co.uk/car-news/new-cars/porsche-taycan-performance-kit-unleashes-ev’s-track-potential

porsche-taycan-performance-front-three-quarter.jpg
I consider this board-line cheating - a rare "package" kit - not fully available and minor improvements - it has to be sold retail so that it can be a "production" vehicle official lap time - but they will sell like 2 of these kits and call it a day…

I look forward to what they learn being integrated into future EV's - but honestly few if any driver's will be good enough or have enough seat time to get into the margins these improvements deliver - and the Taycan is still only good for like 1 or 2 'ring lap' before battery capacity and thermals are challenged…

from my conversation with 9 year Porsche mechanical engineer the Taycan ring laps are a very very difficult trick with only one lap required to challenge the battery thermals/cooling system -but yeah you'll be out of power by the end of the 2nd lap…

marketing fluff with no real value and rare "kit" that has next to zero relevance for any use case other than a ring lap.

Wakesurfer

First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Taycan 4S, 2023 YukonXL, 2024 Macan S
Country flag
I consider this board-line cheating - a rare "package" kit - not fully available and minor improvements - it has to be sold retail so that it can be a "production" vehicle official lap time - but they will sell like 2 of these kits and call it a day…

I look forward to what they learn being integrated into future EV's - but honestly few if any driver's will be good enough or have enough seat time to get into the margins these improvements deliver - and the Taycan is still only good for like 1 or 2 'ring lap' before battery capacity and thermals are challenged…

from my conversation with 9 year Porsche mechanical engineer the Taycan ring laps are a very very difficult trick with only one lap required to challenge the battery thermals/cooling system -but yeah you'll be out of power by the end of the 2nd lap…

marketing fluff with no real value and rare "kit" that has next to zero relevance for any use case other than a ring lap.
What Dave said................. but honestly few if any driver's will be good enough or have enough seat time to get into the margins these improvements deliver. It takes a lot of experience and talent for for a driver to consistently drive these cars to the limit that these cars are capable of. And then, the 'nanny' will correct some of the mistakes that drivers make giving a very false sense of security. No mater what system or how capable the driver once physics is exceeded hold on tight because that is about all that you can do.

bsclywilly

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
CT4
Country flag
$14k USD for stickier tires and some chassis software tuning. Cheating the customer is what this is! I’d really like to know what chassis tuning is worth $12k after you subtract the $2k set of PZero Corsas.

In terms of lap records, not really fair. The PZero Corsas are more like a Michelin Cup2 tire. The Plaids record was set on performance summers which would be more inline with a PS4S or PZ4.
Sponsored