Administrator

Administrator
Threads
Reaction score
Country flag
July 30, 2019 10:00 AM
PORSCHE TAYCAN EV PREORDERS ARE ABOUT TO HIT 30,000

At this rate, Porsche Taycan sales will surpass the 911s, but not the SUVs

Almost 30,000 people have written deposit checks for Porsche’s all-electric vehicle, the Taycan. With a few more buyers, about 5,000, it could overtake the 911. And the car hasn’t been officially revealed yet. That happens in September.

The specs of the new Taycan were confirmed earlier this year. The Taycan will deliver more than 600 electric horsepower, sent to all four wheels. It will have a range of about 300 miles and according to Porsche, fast charging will replenish 248 miles in just 15 minutes. The Taycan can sprint to 60 mph in just 3.5 seconds while 124 mph will go by in 12 seconds, says Porsche. The full reveal will be in Frankfurt this fall. Pricing hasn’t been announced, but expect it to land around $90,000, which is right about what the 911 costs.

Source: https://autoweek.com/article/hybrid...rsche-taycan-ev-preorders-are-about-hit-30000
Sponsored

soly20

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
991 TT, Range Rover Sport, BMW 525
Country flag
Their maximum production capacity is 60K cars per year. It seems they know they will sell more that the 911.

MPawelek

Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
1919 Ford Model T, 1931 Ford Model A, 1957 Nash Metropolitan, 2017 Mercedes SL, 2018 Ford F250
Country flag
Yes, I have a deal with a person who placed a deposit quite some time back and is no longer interested in the Taycan but is probably way ahead of me on the list. The question is in what order will the Taycan be produced depending on which version one orders. Will all the versions be produced at the same time or will production runs be staggered? If production is staggered one could be near the first of the list but one of the later to receive the order. Anyone know how this is usually done?

PP4EH

First Name
Min
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Panamera E hybrid
Country flag
Yes, I have a deal with a person who placed a deposit quite some time back and is no longer interested in the Taycan but is probably way ahead of me on the list. The question is in what order will the Taycan be produced depending on which version one orders. Will all the versions be produced at the same time or will production runs be staggered? If production is staggered one could be near the first of the list but one of the later to receive the order. Anyone know how this is usually done?
Usually the release the middle spec first like the 992 Carrera S, or Mid and mid top, like the Panamera 4S and Turbo.
The entry model always comes later, for eg the entry model 992 Carrera was released yesterday.
Then comes a Turbo S and last the GTS.

Everything is indicating that this will be the case with the Taycan.

Launch cars : Taycan S and Turbo
6 months: Taycan ( entrey level)
12 months: Turbo S
18 months: GTS

Dee

First Name
Dee
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
A lot
Usually the release the middle spec first like the 992 Carrera S, or Mid and mid top, like the Panamera 4S and Turbo.
The entry model always comes later, for eg the entry model 992 Carrera was released yesterday.
Then comes a Turbo S and last the GTS.

Everything is indicating that this will be the case with the Taycan.

Launch cars : Taycan S and Turbo
6 months: Taycan ( entrey level)
12 months: Turbo S
18 months: GTS
I doubt that cuz it's a platform car.
Besides, it's already confirmed there gonna be three versions on launch:
Base Taycan: RWD 85kWh. 350hp.
Carrera S: 4WD with 95kWh, 350 or 425hp.
Turbo: 4WD, 95kWh, 600+hp.

Later: Turbo S and GTS, that's correct.

soly20

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
991 TT, Range Rover Sport, BMW 525
Country flag
I doubt that cuz it's a platform car.
Besides, it's already confirmed there gonna be three versions on launch:
Base Taycan: RWD 85kWh. 350hp.
Carrera S: 4WD with 95kWh, 350 or 425hp.
Turbo: 4WD, 95kWh, 600+hp.

Later: Turbo S and GTS, that's correct.
My Porsche center said the 3 launch models are going to be 4S, Turbo and Turbo S. They are taking deposits for these 3 trims.

PP4EH

First Name
Min
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Panamera E hybrid
Country flag
Oh interesting I thought 2 models.

I hope it’s turbo S rather than entry model then.

felixtb

First Name
felix
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Porsche: Taycan R; Tesla: orig Roadster, X, new roadster reserved
Country flag
i have definitely been hearing turbo s.........

artdept

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
t -model 3, Dodge Coin Style Model Y, white taycan
Country flag
Damn Felix. I like yourstyle , you got all the cool toys.. I tell you what , if there was a defi relase date ( and if elon was not such a liar) I would def go with the new roadster. ( we love our model 3 ) for now ill go with the Carrera S: 4WD with 95kWh, 350 or 425hp., then maybe the roadster later

GreggT

First Name
GreggT
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.drivingfanatic.com
Vehicles
Multiple Porsches and Mercedes AMG
Country flag
Well......in a few weeks the 'actual' info will be out telling us what models will be avail. on first orders as well as their respective U.S. prices. In the mean time, everyone is still an 'expert' on their own inside information.........listen here about the $150,000. Turbo and other EV comparo's. He actually says "start" at $150K.

Rollep

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan Turbo, BMW i3
Country flag
Starting price at $150K for an EV with a questionable battery is ridiculous. It makes the 992 Carrera 4S at $120K look like a steal.