Ahhh. That makes sense. Pesky port.
Sponsored

Lfcdan

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan (soon), Etron Launch edition (soon) EX 911 Targa 4s and Cayenne hybrid (2010)
Country flag
My Taycan Turbo isn’t due to be delivered until July but I have an Audi Etron on order too, that left the factory in Brussels a month ago and has been sat at the port in Emdon ever since!

My Audi dealer told me a couple weeks ago that cars can sit at the port for weeks and then cars that are build later can just turn up and get loaded onto the boat! This is for efficiency purposes as it’s quicker to load straight into the boat rather than having to move numerous cars about!

obviously the current delay is unprecedented so we have no idea how long the back log will take to clear but its not going to be as quick as we all want it to be

Last edited:

Reg

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S
Country flag
I just got my latest build schedule. Now they have it arriving at the dealer in Massachusetts on July 17, which is a month later than last time I asked 3 weeks ago. The original delivery date was May 22, so a 2 month COVID delay overall. Question - what happens between V270 "Vehicle exit body shop" and V300 "Vehicle completion". The original build schedule had those on the same day (4/3). Now they're 3 weeks apart (5/8 to 5/29).
Seems some people had a day or some weeks between V270 and when it leaves Emden (v332) so I am not sure how important the intermediate dates are. So for instance if you are at v300 on 5/29 and you enter and exit Emden on 5/29, that is the same as me who was v300 on Monday but not leaving Emden until 5/29 (which is actual forecast)

I think there is still some uncertainty about the shipping schedule and wonder if that 5/29’date is a placeholder.

I am sure they want to ship out the cars as fast as they can.

BlueShoes

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan Turbo
Country flag
I am sure they want to ship out the cars as fast as they can.
This is an important thing that's easy to forget. It's not in their best interest to drag this out. That's a significant amount of capital tied up that doesn't get paid for till delivery. I have no doubt they'll move as fast as they can. I just wish they'd be more forthcoming with details. It'd have been a whole different situation for me had they said "hey your car is done but we don't have people at the dock to load so we canceled our pending shipments till further notice." I wouldn't like it but that's a real update - much better than "oh yeah, next week. yeah... next week" when the shipping company clearly has nothing scheduled. I just want an accurate update. Now a nice update would be that they have X number of ships contracted and hope to have backlog cleared by Y date. A guy can dream...

dryii

First Name
Doug
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2020 Porsche Taycan 4S, 2018 Tesla Model 3, 2015 Porsche Macan Turbo
Country flag
I'm not sure what you're saying. I'm wondering why v270 and v300 were originally on the same day, but are now 3 weeks apart.
It's possible the vehicle would be technically complete, but not passed final inspections and tests from the factory personnel.

Td78

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S
Country flag
Question - what happens between V270 "Vehicle exit body shop" and V300 "Vehicle completion". The original build schedule had those on the same day (4/3). Now they're 3 weeks apart (5/8 to 5/29).
I had a V280 and V290 for entering and exiting the CT shop. Not sure what that is but has fluctuated between a day and a couple weeks at various points in time. Is that on your schedule?

Dave T

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2020 Taycan Turbo
Country flag
I had a V280 and V290 for entering and exiting the CT shop. Not sure what that is but has fluctuated between a day and a couple weeks at various points in time. Is that on your schedule?
No, all the schedules I’ve seen go straight from V270 to V300.
Sponsored