Brassfactory

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S
Country flag
Mine was set for May and went into production the day they closed. Now it’s due in July.

But I live in Southern California, so I’ll have more than a month to drive it. :)
Sponsored

Last edited:

feye

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Porsche Taycan 4S+ 2020
Country flag
German courts have upheld their lockdown with minor exceptions. The same is true pretty much all over the globe. Whatever choices Germany makes will come from the interplay of epidemiology, economics, and public opinion, not ‘major courts.’
That is not what I read here!

EldinSC

First Name
Pierre
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
4S
A few days ago my dealer informed me of the resumption of production. My car (4S) was due late March or April and is now set for delivery in NL early July. Understandably have to wait and see whether this will be possible, given continued disruptions because of the virus. Obviously delivery is more simple for European buyers as there is no port where cars can get stuck etc.

Brassfactory

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S
Country flag
The July dates seem the earliest we’re likely to get for cars that are still being built. That assumes their supply chain gets up and running quickly (or they have some parts in a pile for us). The other big question mark is how fast the shipping industry gears back up. My bet is that it will happen quickly, but we’ll see.

Last edited:

Reg

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S
Country flag
The July dates seem the earliest we’re likely to get for cars that are still being built. Theater assumes their supply chain gets up and running quickly (or they have some parts in a pile for us). The other big question mark is how fast the shipping industry gears back up. My bet is that it will happen quickly, but we’ll see.
Yeah, the only question on that is how long will it take to have enough cars that it is worth having a ship pick them up? Lots of unknowns, but at least there seems to be some progress

BlueShoes

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan Turbo
Country flag
Yeah, the only question on that is how long will it take to have enough cars that it is worth having a ship pick them up? Lots of unknowns, but at least there seems to be some progress
As of today, PWL (logistics firm handling Volkswagon) still hasn't published a revised schedule with any shipments to the US. On the other hand, there are 4 car ships sitting at Emden right now. Several more are inbound. Seems to be busy but I haven't watched Emden long enough to know what's 'normal' and what isn't.

sriklin

First Name
Seth
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2018 Panamera E-Hybrid
Country flag
My Taycan 4S was apparently at the end of the production line when it closed. On April 24th, it changed to "complete' in the system. I am hoping it will be on the car transport from Emden heading to Galveston soon.

First Name
Trevor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S
Country flag
Last estimate was June 5th.
Mine was sat in the docks after the factory shut which was upsetting. Regardless Porsche UK chose to shut the dealers so I am stuck until they open again, whcih I am hoping is in the next week or so. As we're in lockdown still half of me wants it and the other half (the logical half) says leave it there as I can't use it and I am not paying for it.
So if yours was at the factory then it sounds like they have planned in the shipping which is good.

Dave T

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2020 Taycan Turbo
Country flag
I just got my latest build schedule. Now they have it arriving at the dealer in Massachusetts on July 17, which is a month later than last time I asked 3 weeks ago. The original delivery date was May 22, so a 2 month COVID delay overall. Question - what happens between V270 "Vehicle exit body shop" and V300 "Vehicle completion". The original build schedule had those on the same day (4/3). Now they're 3 weeks apart (5/8 to 5/29).

BlueShoes

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan Turbo
Country flag
I just got my latest build schedule. Now they have it arriving at the dealer in Massachusetts on July 17, which is a month later than last time I asked 3 weeks ago. The original delivery date was May 22, so a 2 month COVID delay overall. Question - what happens between V270 "Vehicle exit body shop" and V300 "Vehicle completion". The original build schedule had those on the same day (4/3). Now they're 3 weeks apart (5/8 to 5/29).
Nothing - goes from 270 to 300 to the port. I snagged this from another forum but it's the flow for cars going to the midwest here in the US.

Porsche Taycan Taycan Production Resumes May 4 at Zuffenhausen Screen Shot 2020-05-05 at 4.41.30 PM

Dave T

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2020 Taycan Turbo
Country flag
Nothing - goes from 270 to 300 to the port. I snagged this from another forum but it's the flow for cars going to the midwest here in the US.

Screen Shot 2020-05-05 at 4.41.30 PM.png
I'm not sure what you're saying. I'm wondering why v270 and v300 were originally on the same day, but are now 3 weeks apart.

BlueShoes

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan Turbo
Country flag
I'm not sure what you're saying. I'm wondering why v270 and v300 were originally on the same day, but are now 3 weeks apart.
Sorry, maybe I misunderstood your question. I thought you asked what steps are between 270 and 300. From the screenshots I've seen there isn't any interim step. My guess though is there is a backlog of cars and they anticipate yours is going to sit there at the factory for a few weeks before going to the port. I was at v300 on March 20 but never showed v311 (at least last time the dealer and I spoke about specific status) but was told my car was at Emden in the parking lot waiting to be loaded. I could see a situation in which the cars are stacked up at Emden so they are holding them at the factory - between v270 and v300.
Sponsored