Administrator

Administrator
Threads
Reaction score
Country flag
Porsche Press Release

April 29, 2020

Production to restart in Zuffenhausen and Leipzig

Stuttgart . As from next Monday (4 May), Porsche is restarting production on a site- and task-specific basis. All the required measures have been taken in advance to guarantee the maximum possible safety for employees and so that production can be increased in stages up to full capacity. As production is ramped up at the main factory in Zuffenhausen and at the site in Leipzig, all employees will now resume work step by step. The adapted processes in production, logistics and procurement have been agreed with the Works Council and the Health Management department. The requirements of the respective authorities will also be observed.

“The restart is an important signal – for our employees as well as for our customers. We have monitored and analysed the situation very carefully right from the start and flexibly adapted processes. Now is the right time to look forward with optimism and to resume work – subject to special precautions,” says Albrecht Reimold, Member of the Executive Board for Production and Logistics at Porsche AG.

A comprehensive catalogue of measures has been decided for the Porsche factories in Zuffenhausen and Leipzig. In addition to giving paramount importance to ensuring protection for employees, these measures are designed to permit the resumption of orderly and efficient production as quickly as possible. For example, production employees are required to observe a minimum distance of 1.50 metres, follow basic rules of conduct or to work with a face mask in defined areas.

Medical institutions and medical personnel have absolute priority for Porsche when it comes to equipment with protective clothing. The company is therefore organising equipment as part of the “Porsche helps” initiative and is also donating money to hospitals as well as food to food banks; the budget for donations has been increased by five million euros.

“It will take a great deal of effort to get the economic and social system moving again. Everyone must make a contribution to this,” says Oliver Blume, Chairman of the Executive Board of Porsche AG. “It is important to have a positive fundamental attitude. Every crisis also offers opportunities. And we want to make the most of them.” The company initially stopped production in its two factories on 21 March 2020 for a period of two weeks and announced that it would continuously reassess the situation. Due to bottlenecks in global supply chains, the factories have remained closed for a total of six weeks because orderly production was not possible.

In addition to suspending production, Porsche also decided at the time to implement a number of other stricter measures. These will remain in force until further notice to relieve the burden on the infrastructure at the sites: this means that the greatly increased level of “mobile working” will continue in the indirect areas, and meetings will be held as video or telephone conferences. The ban on business travel also continues to apply.

Porsche Taycan Taycan Production Resumes May 4 at Zuffenhausen Porsche Taycan Production
Sponsored

Dave T

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2020 Taycan Turbo
Country flag
Awesome! But what’s that picture? Looks like they’ve started production already.

Rollep

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan Turbo, BMW i3
Country flag
Awesome! But what’s that picture? Looks like they’ve started production already.
Nah, it looks more like they are putting the final touches on the cars that were almost completed when the factory was shut down.

Sport Mode

First Name
Ed
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla S P100D, Range Rover SVR, Porsche 4S, De Tomaso Pantera
Country flag
Hopefully, that is my Black on Black Turbo S two cars back!

Reg

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S
Country flag
My car finished production yesterday!

It started production in March, then got put in storage right before the shut down, and now got notified that it is done and on its way to Emden!

((After the shutdown, my schedule estimate production would complete end of May)

Sport Mode

First Name
Ed
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla S P100D, Range Rover SVR, Porsche 4S, De Tomaso Pantera
Country flag
My car finished production yesterday!

It started production in March, then got put in storage right before the shut down, and now got notified that it is done and on its way to Emden!

((After the shutdown, my schedule estimate production would complete end of May)
Which model/version did you order?

feye

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Porsche Taycan 4S+ 2020
Country flag

Brassfactory

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S
Country flag
Major courts already ruling that the look-down is excessive.
German courts have upheld their lockdown with minor exceptions. The same is true pretty much all over the globe. Whatever choices Germany makes will come from the interplay of epidemiology, economics, and public opinion, not ‘major courts.’

LivingWithPorsches

First Name
Dustin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
‘20 Taycan 4S (July '20), ‘66 Porsche 912, ‘11 987 Spyder
Country flag
Back in Dec, my first expected delivery date was May 2nd. I would have been getting my 4S today! By Feb it was pushed out to July 2nd. About a week ago my dealer told me it now says July 23rd. At least with production starting again I’m hoping I’ll get it sometime this summer.

MissionC

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
MY2020 Taycan 4S
Country flag
Back in Dec, my first expected delivery date was May 2nd. I would have been getting my 4S today! By Feb it was pushed out to July 2nd. About a week ago my dealer told me it now says July 23rd. At least with production starting again I’m hoping I’ll get it sometime this summer.
Sounds like you and I were on almost the same delivery schedule. My 4S is now scheduled for 7/31 and I hope that date holds. Would love to have it for the last month of summer!
Sponsored