WRC_1S

First Name
Wayne
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Porsche Taycan RWD, 1969 911t
Country flag
True but let's not overlook the fact that the OP's shock breaking news exclusive that Taycan production will be stopped for what could be a substantial period of time is in fact bollocks, as clearly demonstrated by the constant (albeit greatly reduced) flow of deliveries announced on this forum.
Yup. I got mine last week even with the 12v battery delay.
Sponsored

TieCon

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla Model X - PLAID
Country flag
Any news or rumors on production delays tied to the GTS ST?

Archimedes

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Taycan 4S
Country flag
In the USA, estimates are people's savings due to COVID cash injections are melting away quick, depending on which expert you listen to, they either have evaporated completely or are about to in September time frame. Additionally, even if people have savings, they start conserving as the economy downturns - which means they have the money, but not willing to spend it all.
The COVID stimulus cash has zero to do with the demand for $150k cars. The wealthy still have plenty of cash and they’re still spending it. My GT4 sold for $20k over in a couple of days. There is still waaay too much money chasing waaay too few goods.

whitex

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Taycan TCT, 2024 Q8 eTron P+
Country flag
The COVID stimulus cash has zero to do with the demand for $150k cars. The wealthy still have plenty of cash and they’re still spending it. My GT4 sold for $20k over in a couple of days. There is still waaay too much money chasing waaay too few goods.
Read the thread of replies to which you replied. It started with a prediction that more Porsches will become available if the economy has a correction and recession happens. We talked about how the COVID lockdowns and stimulus money contributed to the inflation, which in turn contributed to multiple bank rate hikes, which typically slow down the economy.

So while the COVID stimuli do not have a direct effect on Porsche demand, it does have an indirect effect. We have seen this after the 2000 market correction, I personally picked up an allocations for a 911 few months after the correction, with a discount, even tough before the correction I couldn't even find an allocation. The US economy already contracted 2 quarters in a row, which by some economists' definition is considered a recession. As supply chains improve but demand drops, there is likely to be more product available. Your are right that multi-millionaires and billionaires will probably still want high end cars, but plenty of tech company employees who made great money with stock compensation in the past will drop out of the demand even if they could still technically afford it with stocks dropping and prices going up (including lost federal credit) - economy downturn motivates people to spend a lot more cautiously.
Sponsored