Archimedes

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Taycan 4S
Country flag
Also, for those who weren't watching these numbers last year, a lot of the deliveries in early 2021 were due to dealers selling out their existing inventory, not current production, so deliveries were higher than actual production, which hid some of the supply chain impact on 2021. Deliveries were relatively flat YoY, but dealer inventory vanished, meaning production was down.
Sponsored

Last edited:

RingoDingo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Taycan 4S
Country flag
All I know is those 718 numbers make me sad. If I were still buying ICE vehicles, I'd be driving a 718 Spyder right now and looking for a minivan to haul my kids around in.

hitmonlee

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Macan GTS
Country flag
Anyone else noticed the big jump in Panamera? Granted the absolute # is still small but a whopping 74% increase? Any specific reasons behind it?

Deleted member 6348

Porsche replacing the Macan with an EV shows that they are truly all-in on EVs. This is like Ford electrifying the F150. It’s a big deal.

Most of the Macans sold come with that wheezy awful VW 4cyl. An EV will be a big improvement.

Archimedes

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Taycan 4S
Country flag
Porsche replacing the Macan with an EV shows that they are truly all-in on EVs. This is like Ford electrifying the F150. It’s a big deal.

Most of the Macans sold come with that wheezy awful VW 4cyl. An EV will be a big improvement.
Actually got to drive a nicely equipped 4cyl base Macan a while back and was quite impressed with that wheezy awful 4cyl, as well as the overall ride of the vehicle.

Deleted member 6348

Actually got to drive a nicely equipped 4cyl base Macan a while back and was quite impressed with that wheezy awful 4cyl, as well as the overall ride of the vehicle.
The 4 cyl in that car is irredeemable. I put over a 1000 miles on a Macan loaner and it was one of the slowest things that I have driven in recent memory. Of course, it rides nicely — it is slow and weighs more than two tons. That’s a lot of car for a 261HP 4 cylinder to lug around.

Porsche knows that the VW engine sucks in this application, because until the 2022 model year, they’ve never provided a Base model to the press. They’re likely doing it now to have a cushy benchmark for when the EV lands.

I know. It’s the entry level to badge… blah…blah, but that thing borders on brand dilution. It’s the rare circumstance where an electric motor has more character than the engine that it replaces.
Sponsored