felixtb

First Name
felix
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Porsche: Taycan R; Tesla: orig Roadster, X, new roadster reserved
Country flag
You must be on this new elondrug. It is completely the opposite. With every update the usability of the car got worse to the point that I hate to drive it. It is nothing what I originally have purchased.
more you on the Anti Elon Drug..... :)

don’t know which Teslas you have had but 90% of the OA software updates have been spot on and yes about 10% have been negative for the cars but remedied (at least in Europe) within maximum a month. The ones that have not been remedied have been because of new regulations on using the said functionality in your market.... or rather not being allowed said functionality in the local market......

I would certainly hope that Porsche has a similar system. Specially for maps and other frequently updated systems. I am a great fan of Porsche since the early 80s and am also a great fan of Tesla since 2008. Not necessarily always a great fan of EM but at the same time he does stir up the soup and he does deliver.... albite almost always late according to his own planning but years ahead of anyone else......
Sponsored

Dee

First Name
Dee
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
A lot
Not necessarily always a great fan of EM but at the same time he does stir up the soup and he does deliver.... albite almost always late according to his own planning but years ahead of anyone else......
Also true.
But then again, that OTA updates also have a practical reason: you don't have to visit the dealer, so you can minimize the cost of a dealer network.

PS Nice avatar you got there Felix, is that your plan?
Love it!

TC Fan

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4s
Country flag
Ok, maybe I'm dense (please don't confirm, I already have enough yes people in my life), but I entered the specs for my car - 4S with 19" tires and larger battery. I played around back and forth with the temps, AC, and model, and the Turbo and Turbo S get more mileage, depending on the settings? Am I missing something?

Austin_yeahbaby

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S, replaced my 911 ;-)
Country flag
@TC Fan ,

The default 4s config on the range guide doesn’t have the performance plus battery enabled.

if you turn that on you should see the range increase slightly higher than the turbo or turbo s

Fitzban

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S
Country flag
@TC Fan ,

The default 4s config on the range guide doesn’t have the performance plus battery enabled.

if you turn that on you should see the range increase slightly higher than the turbo or turbo s
An additional thing to play around with in the range estimator is to change the wheel from the 19" to 20" Taycan Turbo Aero wheels. There's very little difference in the estimate range, but in case you are trying to go for the max range based on the tool.

JC Mann

First Name
JC
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Cayman S, Tesla Model S
Country flag
more you on the Anti Elon Drug..... :)

don’t know which Teslas you have had but 90% of the OA software updates have been spot on and yes about 10% have been negative for the cars but remedied (at least in Europe) within maximum a month. The ones that have not been remedied have been because of new regulations on using the said functionality in your market.... or rather not being allowed said functionality in the local market......

I would certainly hope that Porsche has a similar system. Specially for maps and other frequently updated systems. I am a great fan of Porsche since the early 80s and am also a great fan of Tesla since 2008. Not necessarily always a great fan of EM but at the same time he does stir up the soup and he does deliver.... albite almost always late according to his own planning but years ahead of anyone else......
I have had a Tesla Model S 85D for just over 4 years, have installed all OTA updates and have had ZERO problems. To be perfectly transparent, though, I do not have the P (performance) version or the more advanced autopilot hardware which was released later than my 2015 model. Perhaps the problem updates affected those systems. In full disclosure, I must admit I was disappointed when my scheduled recharging changed from 5-minute increments to 30-minute increments. They subsequently changed it to 15-minute increments. It allows me to take advantage on my non-peak-hour discount rate.

grahamsimmonds

First Name
Graham
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan Turbo S
Country flag
I have had a Tesla Model S 85D for just over 4 years, have installed all OTA updates and have had ZERO problems. To be perfectly transparent, though, I do not have the P (performance) version or the more advanced autopilot hardware which was released later than my 2015 model. Perhaps the problem updates affected those systems. In full disclosure, I must admit I was disappointed when my scheduled recharging changed from 5-minute increments to 30-minute increments. They subsequently changed it to 15-minute increments. It allows me to take advantage on my non-peak-hour discount rate.
The problem is that older Teslas do not have the hardware to take advantage of the updates. Musk is deliberately using this to try and sell new cars when people realise that they don’t get the latest features. An example of this is the pointless inclusion of Netflix in the latest update. My two year old Tesla cannot get it as it is MCU1. Thankfully I’m not bothered, but it’s amazing how some will actually update their car as they think they are missing out. And of course, there is this ongoing unicorn called full self driving. People buy the latest Tesla and then find out FSD will need the newer hardware.

Scandinavian

First Name
Peter
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan T, Tesla M3P, Aston Martin DB9, Porsche 996 C4 Cab
Country flag
The problem is that older Teslas do not have the hardware to take advantage of the updates. Musk is deliberately using this to try and sell new cars when people realise that they don’t get the latest features. An example of this is the pointless inclusion of Netflix in the latest update. My two year old Tesla cannot get it as it is MCU1. Thankfully I’m not bothered, but it’s amazing how some will actually update their car as they think they are missing out. And of course, there is this ongoing unicorn called full self driving. People buy the latest Tesla and then find out FSD will need the newer hardware.
Yes hardware upgrade most certainly included in the price if you are interested !!

HK111

First Name
Henrik
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan GTS, Corvette C7 Stingray, Mercedes V
Country flag
Just in case, I sat in a Turbo S yesterday and it showed 97% / 310km... not the "desired numbers", I have to say! But it was probably driven like mad before.

Cheers,
Henrik

Simon T

First Name
Simon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan Turbo
Country flag
The Taycan has 3 settings for A/C. It's either OFF, in ECO PLUS, or ON. The Eco Plus mode uses significantly less electricity compared to having it fully on. I have not seen any reviews mentioning how good the Eco Plus A/C is. Hopefully we get some info on that from someone soon. It would require warm weather to be able to comment on that though.
Hi.
There are actually four settings for the HVAC or A/Con system (not three).
Off. On. Eco. Eco Plus.
I had to research the difference between ‘Eco’ and ‘Eco Plus’ . . .
Eco - is what is sounds like > less efficient HVAC to save energy, eg. No rear passengers = no rear a/con.
Eco Plus - option is available in Range mode and further reduced A/Con and general HVAC functions. Slower cooling or heating, less ventilation control etc.

So, Eco Plus uses less energy than Eco, and so is the best mode to maximize range, with obvious exception of the OFF mode.
I think the terminology of Eco Plus is a tad confusing, maybe Eco Minus might have been more explicable.
Sponsored