PetroK

First Name
Petro
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
BMW iX, Porsche Taycan 4CT
Country flag
I've just got some numbers today, but not from my dealer and I'm not 100% sure of reliability of this information. Unfortunately they are terrible...

MF: 0.00300
Residual: at 15K, 39 months
4S: 48%
Turbo: 40%
Turbo S: 37%

12K: Add 2%
10K: Add 3%
7.5K: Add 4%

charliemathilde

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
First gen tech, with a lot of competition coming out in the next couple years, as well as a lot of advancement in battery tech. The .2 generation mid decade will be a lot better. Audi and Tesla will have new models out soon, and others will undoubtedly follow. I’m also guessing there will be a Bev cayman and a hybrid 911 within 5 years.

37% is pretty brutal even for my low expectations

Nevadagame

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Bentley Gt. C7 ZO6. Cayenne S. Panamera Turbo. Silverado 2500 Turbo Diesel
Country flag
But it’s a Porsche! That’s only $1000. Per week depreciation. Porsche knows finding customers who want to buy 200 mile range 3 year old 100k used electric cars will not be easy when the competition will be offering new 4 to 500 mile range redesigned new ones for the same 100k. The phrase “but it’s a Porsche “ will only go so far.

Miwa

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan Turbo
Country flag
39 months? Is that an attempt to make direct comparisons not 100% equivalent. Those are pretty realistic residuals, and actually don't look that far off what you'd actually lose buying most 100k+ sedans after 39 months. Usually Porsche leases are terrible anyway, as they mostly aren't subsidized like other manufacturer's leases.

PetroK

First Name
Petro
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
Yep, but on another hand BMW was and is always offering very good terms on i3, which was more pioneer in EV field than Taycan. I understand it is different brands and also there is different types of Porsche fans. I like it very much for example, but not going to overpay for example to get newest model. When there is good deal I jump on it. And my love to EV vehicles is also not unlimited :) If this rates are true it will be about 2k per month for ~130k 4s. While I can get for example m5 competition or Panamera Hybrid for ~ 1.2k and both will be very nice family cars.

PetroK

First Name
Petro
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
39 months? Is that an attempt to make direct comparisons not 100% equivalent. Those are pretty realistic residuals, and actually don't look that far off what you'd actually lose buying most 100k+ sedans after 39 months. Usually Porsche leases are terrible anyway, as they mostly aren't subsidized like other manufacturer's leases.
Again I'm not 100% sure on information, but MF is even outrageous on other Porsches it is now about 0.002, it is way more then other manufactures, but as you mentioned Porsche leases are already terrible, but this numbers for Taycan are even worse then terrible :) 39 months were quoted, as it is kind of default lease term for Porsche.

charliemathilde

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
Yeah a MF of .003 is about double the cost of a new vehicle loan here. That’s “we have a lease program, but we don’t want you to use it”

Miwa

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan Turbo
Country flag
Yep, but on another hand BMW was and is always offering very good terms on i3, which was more pioneer in EV field than Taycan.
BMW put more subsidies in their leases than probably any other luxury manufacturer in the US. They want lots of low mileage cars to CPO sell again a 2nd time.

Friedrich

First Name
Friedrich
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Future: 2020 Porsche Taycan, 2022 Tesla Y; Current: Boxster S, Acura MDX; Past: 66 VW Beetle, 82 Porsche SC Targa, 91 Acura NSX, 98 Porsche Carrera Cabr, 2002 Porsche Carrera Cabr, 2004 Porsche Cayenne S
Country flag
I've just got some numbers today, but not from my dealer and I'm not 100% sure of reliability of this information. Unfortunately they are terrible...

MF: 0.00300
Residual: at 15K, 39 months
4S: 48%
Turbo: 40%
Turbo S: 37%

12K: Add 2%
10K: Add 3%
7.5K: Add 4%
What is the source of those numbers? What are the numbers based on? Historical depreciation on the Nissan Leaf, or Tesla, or Porsche vehicles? The percentage is close to that of the early model Nissan Leaf in the USA

If that depreciation model is accurate, you can get a loaded Turbo S for $110k plus or minus 10K in two years. I am very skeptical of this depreciation model.

PetroK

First Name
Petro
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
What is the source of those numbers? What are the numbers based on? Historical depreciation on the Nissan Leaf, or Tesla, or Porsche vehicles? The percentage is close to that of the early model Nissan Leaf in the USA

If that depreciation model is accurate, you can get a loaded Turbo S for $110k plus or minus 10K in two years. I am very skeptical of this depreciation model.
One of dealers sent me this information

KensingtonPark

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2020 Porsche Taycan 4S; 2023 Audi eTron S Sportbck
Country flag
I am very skeptical of this depreciation model.
It is simply a function of the way lease financing companies work. They have no data on this model, since it is new, so they won't consent to financing the depreciation in any way that puts them at risk. It simply highlights why you have significantly lower leasing activity around brand new models. I don't mean "brand new" in the case of generational changes such as from, say a C7 to C8 generation Audi A7, I mean "brand new" in the sense of an Audi e-Tron. The Taycan fits into this category, so leasing terms will kind of stink until the model has existed for a while.

FredinNY

First Name
Fred
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2017 Porsche Panamera, 2003 911 Turbo, 1971 911S
Country flag
I just received some lease information from my dealer - and the information cited here is fairly consistent with what I have been told. The biggest surprise for me is the residual value. Because leasing is predominant these days, I beleive that manufacturers are now controlling the market. What i mean is that if they peg a RV of 47% after three years, that is the amount that they are taking the car back for and then will resell it based on a margin off of that residual value. resulting cars coming off lease being sold at significant discounts to its original cost. For the owner or lessens this means that you can lease at these rates or you can buy the car and finance it at a lower interest rate but I would think that if you are going to trade it in after 3 yrs you should expect the trade in value, or the depreciation to be consistent with the RV.

Prove me wrong here, but, it appears as this car is expected to incur a significant depreciation charge over the short term based on the fact that Porsche has little confidence of this car holding its value consistent with their other models.

Nevadagame

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Bentley Gt. C7 ZO6. Cayenne S. Panamera Turbo. Silverado 2500 Turbo Diesel
Country flag
I just received some lease information from my dealer - and the information cited here is fairly consistent with what I have been told. The biggest surprise for me is the residual value. Because leasing is predominant these days, I beleive that manufacturers are now controlling the market. What i mean is that if they peg a RV of 47% after three years, that is the amount that they are taking the car back for and then will resell it based on a margin off of that residual value. resulting cars coming off lease being sold at significant discounts to its original cost. For the owner or lessens this means that you can lease at these rates or you can buy the car and finance it at a lower interest rate but I would think that if you are going to trade it in after 3 yrs you should expect the trade in value, or the depreciation to be consistent with the RV.

Prove me wrong here, but, it appears as this car is expected to incur a significant depreciation charge over the short term based on the fact that Porsche has little confidence of this car holding its value consistent with their other models.
Those percentages are slightly better than my Porsche dealer quoted me, and please don’t forget the money value number, which translate to interest, was also very very high translating to an interest rate of over 8%. If you put that interest rate down to the three or 4% where it should be the residuals would be even lower

PetroK

First Name
Petro
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
And there is even one more bad thing for leasing terms in USA, MRM for 4s is 129k, so everything over is not residualized.
Sponsored