OP
OP

mandoyoda

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
None
Country flag
Here's the Frozen Berry in the UK. I prefer Berry over the Frozen Blue after seeing both in real life. I know resale value will be impacted, but it's different and stands out from the other Taycans.

Porsche Taycan Taycan RWD base build spec + options help UK Taycan Frozen Berry 1

Porsche Taycan Taycan RWD base build spec + options help UK Taycan Frozen Berry 2

Porsche Taycan Taycan RWD base build spec + options help UK Taycan Frozen Blue

Mouse House

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
New Balance 1500 v6
Country flag
The red interior is going to look best as a contrast to a neutral exterior so will be great with Dolomite or Black from your list. Don't forget you can spec different colour seat centres - I almost went Bordeaux Red with black centres which looks awesome. (I chickened out and went full black leather)

Nobody has been able to say what special extra magic Sport Plus gets you when selected from the chrono dial rather than the dash button so I'm inclined to think the answer is "nothing".

OP
OP

mandoyoda

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
None
Country flag
Don't forget you can spec different colour seat centres - I almost went Bordeaux Red with black centres which looks awesome. (I chickened out and went full black leather)
I totally forgot about this. However, knowing Porsche, it will cost a ton and blow my budget ?

Nobody has been able to say what special extra magic Sport Plus gets you when selected from the chrono dial rather than the dash button so I'm inclined to think the answer is "nothing".
Sports Chrono enables the Sports Plus mode (Sports setting with lowest suspension and electric sports sound turned on) and an Individual mode for custom settings. It also comes with the dashboard clock and stopwatch for recording lap times. My sales agent advised against it based on my needs.

Mouse House

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
New Balance 1500 v6
Country flag
Sports Chrono enables the Sports Plus mode (Sports setting with lowest suspension and electric sports sound turned on) and an Individual mode for custom settings. It also comes with the dashboard clock and stopwatch for recording lap times. My sales agent advised against it based on my needs.
You can enable Sport Plus chassis setting without Sport Chrono using the soft button marked with a damper, and of course can lower the suspension if you have PASM. And avoid the having the clock spoiling the clean design of the dashboard.

OP
OP

mandoyoda

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
None
Country flag
It's almost here, I need to confirm my build spec tomorrow (April 19), so any final suggestions welcome.

After the test drive, and going to many Porsche dealerships to view body colour, wheels, interiors etc, my near final spec:

http://www.porsche-code.com/PMCV9876 (black partial leather)
http://www.porsche-code.com/PMRDPJD9 (slate grey partial leather interior)

Although I do want a good reseal value, I needed to make it mine, at least on the exterior.

Frozen Blue Metallic
I started from FBM and went through each colour, and ended back at FBM. First time I saw the colour in videos, I loved it. First time I saw it in real life under dark skies, not so much, but when I saw it yesterday under blue skies and sunshine, it looked beautiful. Sure, it's controversial and polarising, but I like it for its uniqueness. Heavily considered options include Dolomite Silver, JBM and Berry, with Berry being my second choice.

View attachment 15639 View attachment 15640
Porsche Taycan Taycan RWD base build spec + options help UK IMG_4837
Porsche Taycan Taycan RWD base build spec + options help UK IMG_4726

Exclusive Design Wheels High Gloss Block
Beautifully designed, good range performance, which lifts the style of the Taycan. I really wanted these over the 20-inch Turbo Aero wheels, which were my second choice.

Partial black or slate leather interior
After my test drive with the RWD in partial leather, and 4S with full leather, I decided the partial leather was good enough for me, so I saved on this, and spent the budget on the Exclusive Design wheels. I know it might impact resale, but the exterior look is more important to me.

I went with the Accent Package in Exterior Colour to match the exterior colour on the inside on the door panels. I tried the Neodyme, but not sure if it works.

Ambient Lighting to bring ambience into the interior at night. Smoker Package to cover the cup holder.

I originally wanted the Bordeaux Red + Black interior full leather interior, but had to settle for the black or slate grey.

Powered Steering Plus
Neither the RWD or 4S had the RAS + PSP, but both felt extremely nimble without, except the RWD felt a little heavier. I managed make the 90º turn to park the Taycan at the back of my house without RAS. I used this budget to spend on interior options.

Other options
To complete the build, here are the remaining options:
  • Electric folding exterior mirrors
  • Side Window Trims in Black (high-gloss)
  • Model Designation painted in Black (high-gloss)
  • Performance Battery Plus
  • Adaptive Air Suspension including Porsche Active Suspension Management (PASM)
  • Panoramic fixed glass roof
  • ParkAssist including Surround View
  • 4+1 Seats (for the emergency fifth passenger)
  • Driver Memory Package
  • Ambient Lighting
  • Storage Package
  • Smoker Package
  • BOSE Surround Sound System
  • On-Board DC-Charger with 150 kW

Attachments

• 0 bytes Views: 0
  • 0 bytes Views: 0

Mouse House

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
New Balance 1500 v6
Country flag
Very nice. With a light exterior colour I'd get the wing mirrors fully painted.

My car came with the tyre sealant and compressor which seems like a good idea at £42.

I'd consider PTV+ on a RWD but that's clearly more of a big ticket option.

OP
OP

mandoyoda

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
None
Country flag
Very nice. With a light exterior colour I'd get the wing mirrors fully painted.

My car came with the tyre sealant and compressor which seems like a good idea at £42.

I'd consider PTV+ on a RWD but that's clearly more of a big ticket option.
Thanks for the suggestions. PTV+ is out of my budget. Tyre sealant, according to the reviews here and from my brother, isn't the best thing for a tyre. I'd go for a cheaper aftermarket version.

OP
OP

mandoyoda

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
None
Country flag
@W1NGE so it looks like you can mimic Sport Plus through the PCM by setting to Sport Mode and lowering the air suspension, without Sports Chrono. Thanks!

W1NGE

First Name
Adrian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
GTS ST, Macan T
Country flag
@W1NGE so it looks like you can mimic Sport Plus through the PCM by setting to Sport Mode and lowering the air suspension, without Sports Chrono. Thanks!
Precisely and no dumb clock on the dash. I'm sure it's not a deal breaker but you can't alter the electric sport sound to Sport. Some say you're better off without electric sport sound...tis a tad gimmicky.

OP
OP

mandoyoda

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
None
Country flag
Yep, I haven't gone with the electric sports sound, as I'd prefer to listen to music through the Bose system. As most people have said, electric sports sound is cool for a few minutes, but then you turn it off, and it was the same for me during the test drive.

OP
OP

mandoyoda

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
None
Country flag
I posted this in the Frozen Blue Taycan Club thread, but what do people think of pairing the FBM with Bordeaux Red + Black interior as a thought experiment?

Porsche Taycan Taycan RWD base build spec + options help UK Tacyan FB Red

OP
OP

mandoyoda

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
None
Country flag
Colour is very personal and trigger-inducing. I am into colour combinations.

On a separate topic, If you had to choose between brushed aluminium door sills, or coloured seatbelts as the final option, which one would you go for?
Sponsored