First Name
Marcin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S - production 01/22
Country flag
Hello,

My Taycan RWD will be freezing at September - I have time to decide what option I should take till 15th of September. So I had like to ask which option are a must and which I can cancel. Taycan will be Mamba Green with Truffle Interior with 20 wheels and 18 seats. Of Course with Performance Battery. But with some options It's hard to decide. Please tell me if I am thinking right:

- Standard LED - I am not driving at night at all. Maybe one time in a month, but the standard lights have option with blend lighting?
- Thermally & Noise Insulated Glass - do you have it? Car parking in garage. It's much more heavier car with that option? Without it noise is on high level?
- Remote Park Assist - are you using this option?
- Ambient Lighting - anyone of you don't have this option?
- Door-Sill Guards in Black Brushed Aluminum, Illuminated - maybe someone have this option and can show picture of it?
- 22 kW AC On-board Charger - I am from Poland and hear I will be using car. Mostly I will be charging car mostly on the road at DC chargers and in home. I have installation in home which maximum can send to the car 11 kW. So If I don't choose this option I will loose something?
- Porsche Intelligent Range Manager - are you using this option?

I will be really grateful for any answers. I had like to chose good option and don't miss this important ones.

Best
Sponsored

Fish Fingers

First Name
Ian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan RWD
Country flag
I didn't spec ambient lighting.

I don't miss it because I never had it!

Wanting to bring the car in on budget, it was an easy delete, as it doesn't do anything really.

tuxic

First Name
Ken
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 2021
Country flag
Hello,

My Taycan RWD will be freezing at September - I have time to decide what option I should take till 15th of September. So I had like to ask which option are a must and which I can cancel. Taycan will be Mamba Green with Truffle Interior with 20 wheels and 18 seats. Of Course with Performance Battery. But with some options It's hard to decide. Please tell me if I am thinking right:

- Standard LED - I am not driving at night at all. Maybe one time in a month, but the standard lights have option with blend lighting?
- Thermally & Noise Insulated Glass - do you have it? Car parking in garage. It's much more heavier car with that option? Without it noise is on high level?
- Remote Park Assist - are you using this option?
- Ambient Lighting - anyone of you don't have this option?
- Door-Sill Guards in Black Brushed Aluminum, Illuminated - maybe someone have this option and can show picture of it?
- 22 kW AC On-board Charger - I am from Poland and hear I will be using car. Mostly I will be charging car mostly on the road at DC chargers and in home. I have installation in home which maximum can send to the car 11 kW. So If I don't choose this option I will loose something?
- Porsche Intelligent Range Manager - are you using this option?

I will be really grateful for any answers. I had like to chose good option and don't miss this important ones.

Best
- Standard LED - Have Matrix so cannot comment
- Thermally & Noise Insulated Glass - I have it and love it!! Car is very silent, I can enjoy music and conversation a lot more. I do think the extra weight cuts a few miles of the range. Also the heat insulation is noticable. Car is not so hot.
- Remote Park Assist - dont have it.
- Ambient Lighting - Have it but never use it. The default lighting is great as is.
- Door-Sill Guards in Black Brushed Aluminum, Illuminated - Wil make a pic tomorrow. It is beautiful and would recommend it. Makes the car more luxurious looking.

- 22 kW AC On-board Charger - Have it but don't know why. I only charge DC.
- Porsche Intelligent Range Manager - Have it and I think it can be helpful. Route planning works great in EU. Only thing is that I plan my routes manually around Ionity chargers because of the Porche charging pass with reduced price per Kw. Intelligent Range Manager just plans around any charger available which will work fine for most ppl.

Tsingtao

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Toucan RWD
Country flag
- Standard LED - Have Matrix so cannot comment
- Thermally & Noise Insulated Glass - I have it and love it!! Car is very silent, I can enjoy music and conversation a lot more. I do think the extra weight cuts a few miles of the range. Also the heat insulation is noticable. Car is not so hot.
- Remote Park Assist - dont have it.
- Ambient Lighting - Have it but never use it. The default lighting is great as is.
- Door-Sill Guards in Black Brushed Aluminum, Illuminated - Wil make a pic tomorrow. It is beautiful and would recommend it. Makes the car more luxurious looking.

- 22 kW AC On-board Charger - Have it but don't know why. I only charge DC.
- Porsche Intelligent Range Manager - Have it and I think it can be helpful. Route planning works great in EU. Only thing is that I plan my routes manually around Ionity chargers because of the Porche charging pass with reduced price per Kw. Intelligent Range Manager just plans around any charger available which will work fine for most ppl.
I can't speak to remote park assist and onboard chargers, but sound-insulated glass is a very nice feature and it does IMO enhance the driving experience -- whether you just want to find a moment of silence to decompress or hop on a Zoom meeting in the car. As to ambient lighting, it is something you, as the driver, can easily live without, but most passengers seem to enjoy having a little light in the cabin. BTW, Mamba green and truffle is an awesome color combination -- I'd like to see how it looks at night with ambient lighting!

jontybutts

First Name
Jonty
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Eletre R, Taycan
Country flag
If you don’t drive at night why would you need to spend money on upgrading headlights, interior lights and illuminated sills when you won’t use or see them….

OP
OP

Ledakar

First Name
Marcin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
Thank you! I am thinking about this Insulated Glass. I think I will add this to my config, led's will be standard but what about on-board charger. Do you have any clue?

KK84

First Name
Karol
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Macan, Taycan 4 Cross Turismo (on order)
Country flag
Thank you! I am thinking about this Insulated Glass. I think I will add this to my config, led's will be standard but what about on-board charger. Do you have any clue?
You rather don't need 22kw onboard charger, most "slow" AC stations here give you up to 11 kw anyway and for home charging 11 kw is absolutely sufficient (and it is sufficient to charge overnight to full not to mention that usually at home you have maximum output of 15-20kw - depending on your grid connection agreement with PGE/Enea/Tauron etc.), whereas in case you need faster charger you will be using mostly Greenway (40kw+) and hopefully Ionity once they open first chargers this Autumn.

p.s. jeśli chciałbyś pogadać o konfiguracji to zapraszam na priv, ja swojego odbieram (mam nadzieję) na początku września jeśli nie będzie kolejnych opóźnień.

Zetta

First Name
Marcin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Porsche Panamera Sport Turismo
Country flag
Dzień dobry :)

- Standard LED - That depends on your driving profile. If you drive a lot of country roads and motorways, I would recommend the matrix light especially in the dark and long winter in Poland. This is an essential security aspect for you, which is clearly recommended. But if you drive 90% of the city with the Taycan, then the standard LED light is completely fine

- Thermally & Noise Insulated Glass - The same goes for the glass. In terms of the weather, I wouldn't consider it necessary in Poland. If you drive a lot on the Autobahn and are sensitive to noise, you will like it - the vehicle will be quieter. If you drive more city traffic, it is not necessary in my opinion. And if you should take the Burmester, then it is a must have option.

- Remote Park Assist - Whether you will really ever use this is the question, it would be just too cumbersome and too for me

- Ambient Lighting - During the long and dark season in Poland, it is certainly a nice to have option

- Door-Sill Guards in Black Brushed Aluminum, Illuminated - The aluminum door sills are beautiful - the lighting, on the other hand, is a waste of money

- 22 kW AC On-board Charger - If you charge mostly at home with 11 kW or on the go with Ionity, I wouldn't use the 22 kW charger either

- Porsche Intelligent Range Manager - I read it doesn't work well. You can also buy it online later through FOD.

Pozdrawiam!

OP
OP

Ledakar

First Name
Marcin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
@Zetta Dzień dobry! Thanks a lot for answers - really very helpful. For sure I will show the final config.

OP
OP

Ledakar

First Name
Marcin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
One More questions - Matrix headlights or rear axle steering. If you can choose one of this it would be?

W1NGE

First Name
Adrian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
GTS ST, Macan T
Country flag
On a base Taycan probs not essential unless you have regular tight parking manoeuvres - the additional turning circle afforded doesn't justify the cost. At a minimum tick the Power Steering Plus and if budget permits and you 'need' RAS then PSP is bundled with it too make the price more appealing.

Zetta

First Name
Marcin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Porsche Panamera Sport Turismo
Country flag
Depends on your driving profile ;)

RAS (for more city driving) and PDLS or Matrix (for more motorway driving) - then you should be fine.

EDIT: The RAS is an option you will "feel" every time you drive. The additional light you will "need" sometimes - Unless you drive a lot at night on the motorway, then I would use Matrix or at least PDLS.

W1NGE

First Name
Adrian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
GTS ST, Macan T
Country flag
Note that if your motorways have street lights the matrix function disables - the best lighting option by far but pricey.

Std LED lights won't have PDLS+ (high beam assistant, cornering lights, and only main beam (I think) is white LED meaning dipped could be yellow (not a good look so be sure to check)). I'd tick the box to ensure I had no yellow light - the other features are sort of nice to have.

AboveTheLaw

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Taycan RWD, G63
Country flag
I didn't spec ambient lighting.

I don't miss it because I never had it!

Wanting to bring the car in on budget, it was an easy delete, as it doesn't do anything really.
Are you able to post pictures of the interior at night with the default lighting? Curious to see what it looks like compared to the ambient lighting.
Sponsored