OP
AV7

AV7

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan
Country flag
Regarding height. Will the car stay in its lower ride height (sport plus) after parked and locked? Or will it rise back up to normal like drive mode resetting each time.
It's stays at the specified height when you park and lock the car, unless you have used the lift function
Sponsored

Groovy Sister

First Name
Janice
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Taycan
Country flag
I picked up my RWD about a week ago and wanted to post my experience from ordering to owning and everything in between. In all honesty I learned more from this forum than the SA and manuals combined.

Firstly: What a car!! This is a solid well built masterpiece (beautifully designed both inside and out). I am a first time Porsche owner and for years was convinced on getting a Tesla. The car has massive presence on the road, a really low center of gravity, lovely weighed steering wheel and just amazing to drive. You literally just want to keep on driving!

Ordering Info & Timelines

- Dealership Visit - 09/11/21
- Order placed - 09/13/21 - $2500 deposit for a Nov 2021 production and freeze date 10/25/21
- Order created - 10/20/21 - TYD (I had wanted to add 2 more options but was told that the production had been locked in - I believe the dealer forgot my request!)
- Freeze point - 10/20/21 _ TYD
- Production completed - 11/17/21
- On Vessel - 11/30/21 [Cygnus Leader]
- Target Port - 01/07/22
- At Dealer - 01/13/22

I had originally wanted a PEC delivery in LA but my SA stated that this would delay the delivery by about 1 month (I also confirmed this by emailing the PEC experience) and hence decided to get delivery at the dealership as I was originally hoping to get the car in December due to possible changes then with BBB and the $7500 tax credit)

2022 Taycan - Model Y1AAA1

- Gentian Blue Metallic
- Standard Interior in Black (was worried about not getting full leather BUT I was not disappointed)
- Adaptive Air Suspension incl. Porsche Active Suspension Management (PASM) - This is a must for the RWD model
- Premium Package
- 20" Sport Aero Wheels with Pirelli Cinturato P7 tires
- Rear 2+1 Seats
- Performance Battery Plus (93.4 kWh)

Configurator rendering:

08.jpg

Actual car

09.jpg

05.jpg

PCM Version: 3615

06.jpg

Finance:

I decided that leasing was the best fit for me. This included taking into account the $7500 federal tax credit + $750 California credit (which lowered the total tax you pay). I am convinced that in 3 years there will be better batteries, UI and additional features hence swaying me to lease instead of financing.

The agreement included $770 for the 2 year service.

I also negotiated for Road Hazard Plus (includes Tire & Wheel Protection Plan, Dent Repair Protection Plan, Windshield Protection Plan & Key Protection Plan) for $2895.

TYD

My first experience with TYD only came after my car had gone into production (and after I joined this forum) to realize that I never got the initial email from Porsche to register for TYD. I followed the advise to call Porsche and within 48 hours I got my email. Porsche said there was no email attached to the order even though that info was provided to the SA.

TYD turned into an addiction! and for the most part was accurate. I was initially told that the delivery would be in January 2022.

Pick Up Experience

The pick up experience (including paperwork) was super quick. About 30 minutes for paperwork (I was the dealerships first paperless lease signee) and 30 mins with the car. (which was fine with me as I just wanted to drive it. I was already pretty familiar with the car thanks to this forum)

I had read a tip by another member earlier and had completed activating my Taycan prior to picking it up. I did have to call Porsche as it was initially not letting me activate the car but 30 minutes after the call I was able to do so. I also added my wife as the secondary user. Hence when I picked up my car, all I did was enter my email and password into the PCM and viola! no issues.

Taycan Pro

On the day I picked up my car my SA did introduce me to a Taycan Pro in case I had any questions. I received a call from them a week later. He said he was booked out for the next month so not sure when I will be able to speak to him.

Electrify America

I have tested both 150kw and 350kw chargers and both times no issues with the initial handshake, EA automatically identifies the 'Taycan Inclusive Plan'

12.jpg

The first charge was with a 150Kw charger (from 37% to 79% in 21 minutes). It stopped at 79% for no reason saying charging not possible

13.jpg

The second charging was with a 350Kw charger (but I was only able to see a max of 256kw) charged from 14% to 85%(where I stopped the charging) in 20 minutes.

Mobile Charger Plus

Have not taken out of the packaging yet!

Launch Control

Was really exited to try this but when I did I got an error message (like others that have posted) stating some failure (was not expecting that to happen) where the car lost power after what I thought was it shifting into the second gear. The car came to a crawl and I had to park on the side. I had read in the forum that you turn off the car and start it up again and no issues after. I have not tried it again yet.

Interior Alarm Issues

Yes I have this! However setting the option to always ask if you want interior monitoring when turning off the car solves the problem. So far I have had 2 instances of the alarm going off but both where the interior monitoring was not inactivated.

14.jpg

Ride Height

I am really glad I opted to get this. Having the car in the lowest setting really makes it stand out + you have the option to raise the car for those areas you might scrap the bumper. I wanted to know the difference in heights between the various settings and could not really find any post with pictures.

- In the RAISED position
15.jpg

- in the NORMAL position
16.jpg

- in the LOWEST position (this is the position I mostly drive in)
17.jpg

Setting lifts at specific locations works well but only if you are going slow

The other thing I noticed only when I looked under the car is that I though the lower black lip of the front bumper was the lowest part of the car but that's not the case there is another area just in front of the front wheels which is lowerer.

20.jpg

Air Vent

Like others the air vents behind the front tires gather road debris, there are a number of solutions in this forum that I have to try.

18.jpg

HOLD when braking and coming to a stop

So when you are driving and you come to a stop, if you are on an incline the car will 'HOLD' position. Just like all the others I have had typically the car will not roll back. However with this car I find that when there is a mild incline it never holds and always rolls back a bit (its annoying and not sure If I'm doing something wrong). The HOLD function does not come on every time. Wondering if anyone else is experiencing this?

19.jpg

No FOD

However I see this is a known issue for the 22

What I wish I could have added

At the minimum I should have added ACC so at least I would have options for getting additional items such as INNODRIVE or anything else Porsche comes up with.

Sirius Trial

No issues activating or trial

Bose System

Initially I was not too impressed having a BOSE set up in the home but it all comes down to the type of music and settings.

Try the Tuff Gong channel or R&B channels from Sirius and wow that base rocks

Reaction from other drivers

Was prepared for some attention but wow, get used to people slowing down and checking the car out. I am the drop off dad for my younger daughter and get enough stares at school.

What I wasn't prepared for was the Tesla 3 drivers who try to race you out all the time!

I do have other items to post and will get back to this.

All in all though super happy with the car![/B][/B]
thanks for all this information! Questions: What is FOD? Also, I don't use regular cruise control in regular cars and I figure with this one I will want to be an active driver even more. So, I am opting not to get ACC. Hoping it is not a mistake.

4thPcar

First Name
Ian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Previously: 914, 944 and 997 911S. Now Taycan
Country flag
thanks for all this information! Questions: What is FOD? Also, I don't use regular cruise control in regular cars and I figure with this one I will want to be an active driver even more. So, I am opting not to get ACC. Hoping it is not a mistake.
FOD = Functions on Demand which means there are features you can "try before you buy" such as Innodrive. I've seen some owners literally buy features for a month at a time, such as if they were taking a long trip, then cycling off the function. Its also a way to future-proof the car in case they offer additional features they can deploy via FOD. To have FOD access, you need ACC (not sure why - but that's what I was told).

Reactions: AV7
OP
OP
AV7

AV7

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan
Country flag
I actually now wish I got ACC as a minimum, whether I use it or not ( I too also dont use cruise control either). At least then you can upgrade to other functions. (Why it is not standard is a mystery, surely this would allow for additional revenue streams for Porsche). If its in your budget I would add.

jasperp

First Name
jasper
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
tesla,porsche
Country flag
In case some people are doubting about getting the air suspension:

I did not take air suspension. The ride quality is very good without it. I can still change the stiffness of the suspension. Porsche adaptive suspension management is included by default.
The air suspension is not to adapt the stiffness. It only to adapt the height.

Note that the default height of the steal suspension is a little bit higher than the default air suspension setting.
In my area (Belgium) the roads are not that good and there are many speed bumps and I have not (yet) hit the road or the speed bumps.

I did not take it because I have it on my Tesla and never used it.
In fact the suspension of the Taycan without air suspension is better than the Tesla with air suspension. So I tend to belief that air suspension does not impact ride quality that much.

I am happy I did not take it. That is one less thing that can break or that can contain bugs, :)
But maybe it is just me. :) . I don't see the need for rear wheel steering , parking cameras, folding mirrors, ambient lighting, ionizers,... either. It is a fine car without it.

4thPcar

First Name
Ian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Previously: 914, 944 and 997 911S. Now Taycan
Country flag

I did not take air suspension. The ride quality is very good without it. I can still change the stiffness of the suspension. Porsche adaptive suspension management is included by default.

Note that the default height of the steal suspension is a little bit higher than the default air suspension setting.
In my area (Belgium) the roads are not that good and there are many speed bumps and I have not (yet) hit the road or the speed bumps.

In fact the suspension of the Taycan without air suspension is better than the Tesla with air suspension. So I tend to belief that air suspension does not impact ride quality that much.

I am happy I did not take it. That is one less thing that can break or that can contain bugs, :)
But maybe it is just me. :) . I don't see the need for rear wheel steering , parking cameras, folding mirrors, ambient lighting, ionizers,... either. It is a fine car without it.
The rear-wheel steering is terrific (which requires the air suspension for some strange reason). I am cycling off a 911 and always drove small cars. The Taycan is big! But I can now turn in the middle of the street as if the car is spinning in place. I've found it helpful to pull into tight spaces and I think it will help with parallel parking too. No more 3-point turns!

I am also told it improves performance on the highway such as in lane changes.

Can you live without it? Of course, but then, you can live without a Taycan as well!

PDACPA

First Name
PDA
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Taycan RWD, 1989 911 Carrera
Country flag

And I am in the opposite camp. I searched for a dealer inventory car and none of them had air suspension so I ended up taking over an allocation so I could select my options. I think the car looks like it is sitting way to high (I call it 4x4 mode when I use smart lift :) ) without the air suspension.

feye

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Porsche Taycan 4S+ 2020
Country flag
HOLD when braking and coming to a stop

So when you are driving and you come to a stop, if you are on an incline the car will 'HOLD' position. Just like all the others I have had typically the car will not roll back. However with this car I find that when there is a mild incline it never holds and always rolls back a bit (its annoying and not sure If I'm doing something wrong). The HOLD function does not come on every time. Wondering if anyone else is experiencing this?
Same here, because HOLD on an incline is a safety feature. You should not rely on it at all.

Always hit the break a bit harder when the car stopped to engage the HOLD function. I use it at every traffic light - on of the best features of the car.

OP
OP
AV7

AV7

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan
Country flag
Same here, because HOLD on an incline is a safety feature. You should not rely on it at all.

Always hit the break a bit harder when the car stopped to engage the HOLD function. I use it at every traffic light - on of the best features of the car.
For some reason in my case, I cannot activate the hold if there is no incline or slight incline, it will hold if the incline is steeper. When I stop I push the brake harder but no hold, will have to experiment more, maybe glitch in my car

feye

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Porsche Taycan 4S+ 2020
Country flag
For some reason in my case, I cannot activate the hold if there is no incline or slight incline, it will hold if the incline is steeper. When I stop I push the brake harder but no hold, will have to experiment more, maybe glitch in my car
When the car stands, let go of the break and hit it again a bit harder.

OP
OP
AV7

AV7

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan
Country flag
When the car stands, let go of the break and hit it again a bit harder.
Thanks for that, will give it a go. I'm sure I've tried this and it still seems temprementle.

itsRandy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S
Country flag
Did you ever figure out how to get the “hold” feature to engage on flat ground? My car does it automatically when on an incline, but I can’t get it to work on level ground.

OP
OP
AV7

AV7

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan
Country flag
Did you ever figure out how to get the “hold” feature to engage on flat ground? My car does it automatically when on an incline, but I can’t get it to work on level ground.
Works like a charm now even on level ground. Not sure why but soon after the original post it just started to work. Once the car is at a complete stop, gently press the brake (just like how everyone had told me to - didn't work before but now works all the time.). Maybe there is some breaking in period or something.
Sponsored