Taycan RWD Spec Help

TaycanLDN

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan RWD Volcano Grey Mission E
Country flag
Hi everyone,

I've been reading all the threads and have found all the info on Taycans in general to be really helpful!

Have put in an order on a Taycan RWD, spec lock-in date mid-April, for June delivery.

Big issue - Test drives are not starting again till April 12th at the earliest, which is extremely annoying

- What are current Taycan owners opinions on the ride height? Has anyone had issues with speed bumps touching the front lip/bottom of car? I've included PASM as per advise on other threads.

- How is the visibility? Have opted for 3D surround view but has anyone found they have difficulty judging the front/rear of the car when parking?

- What are people's thoughts on Porsche's Home Charger vs other brands such as Podpoint/Anderssen which offer the OLEV grant in the UK?

- Does anyone know about whether there is a Tracker System? Our 2013 Cayenne has a tracker as an added option when it was made, but this is not an option on the configurator?

- Alloy choices - 21" Mission-E is stunning in gloss black, but much more expensive than 20" aeros, due to the mandatory PSCB option. Does anyone with the Mission-E's have any opinions after having owned them do they look as good on a day to day basis as they appear in pictures.

Has anyone found that Porsche Centres are willing to negotiate on price? It’s a rather unusual situation right now with Centres saying they aren’t willing to offer any sort of discount on Taycans due to heavy demand? Any experience on how people navigated this would be great!

This is the spec as of right now:
Volcano Grey Metallic -2H
Porsche Surface Coated Brake (PSCB) -1LZ
21-Inch Mission E Design Wheels -F44
Wheels painted in Black (high-gloss) -1NV
Partial Leather Interior, Black -AA
Electric folding exterior mirrors -6XV
Exterior Mirrors painted in exterior colour -6FU
Side Window Trims in Black (high-gloss) -QJ4
Model Designation painted in Black (high-gloss) -0NC
Porsche Electric Sport Sound -GM3
Adaptive Air Suspension including Porsche Active Suspension Management (PASM) -1BK
Sport Chrono Package -8LH
Panoramic fixed glass roof -3FG
Windscreen with Grey Top-Tint -4GP
Privacy Glass -VW1
Head-Up Display -KS1
ParkAssist including Surround View -KA6
HomeLink® (Garage Door Opener) -VC2
4+1 Seats -5KA
Ambient Lighting -QQ1
Comfort Seats in Front (14-Way, Electric) with Memory Package -Q2J
Seat Ventilation (front) -4D3
Steering Wheel Heating (i.c.w. Sport Chrono Package and Leather Interior) -2PJ
Crayon seat belts -FI8
Porsche Crest on Headrests (Front Seats) -3J7
Carbon matt Interior Package -5MH
Door Sill Guards brushed Aluminium in Black, illuminated -VT9
BOSE® Surround Sound System -9VL

Any opinions are welcome and much appreciated! Looking forward to becoming part of the Taycan community
Sponsored

Last edited:

mandoyoda

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
None
Country flag
I'm going for a RWD build myself.

Is there any reason why opted not to go for the Performance battery, PASM and PSP to enhance the driving experience? I'm not a Taycan expert, so genuinely interested to know why, and adjust my build accordingly.

I'm interested to know if the dealership will negotiate on price too.

All the best with your build.

OP
OP
TaycanLDN

TaycanLDN

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
I'm going for a RWD build myself.

Is there any reason why opted not to go for the Performance battery, PASM and PSP to enhance the driving experience? I'm not a Taycan expert, so genuinely interested to know why, and adjust my build accordingly.

I'm interested to know if the dealership will negotiate on price too.

All the best with your build.
Performance battery - I spent a while thinking should I or shouldn’t I because everyone is saying it is something mandatory, but a £4k add on for an extra 30 miles just doesn’t seem worth it. I get that there’s the extra horsepower as well but I’m going to be using the car for commuting fo work and socially and will be able to charge the car at home every night when I come home. Also 4k could let you add on a lot of other options.

I’ve included PASM in the spec due to the low ride of the Taycan - wanted to reduce the risk of the bottom of the car touching speed bumps in residential areas.

PSP I am still considering, but with a car like the Taycan I would assume that the steering response would already be quite sensitive and light. Test driving would definitely confirm whether to include or not. The inability to test drive is very irritating - just want to take the car for a spin, would help with a lot of decisions.

Can I ask which centre you are dealing with? I have been in contact with 1 or 2 but was getting the same response on negotiability on both.

Nipri

First Name
Rajesh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Ice Grey Taycan
Country flag
Performance battery - I spent a while thinking should I or shouldn’t I because everyone is saying it is something mandatory, but a £4k add on for an extra 30 miles just doesn’t seem worth it. I get that there’s the extra horsepower as well but I’m going to be using the car for commuting fo work and socially and will be able to charge the car at home every night when I come home. Also 4k could let you add on a lot of other options.

I’ve included PASM in the spec due to the low ride of the Taycan - wanted to reduce the risk of the bottom of the car touching speed bumps in residential areas.

PSP I am still considering, but with a car like the Taycan I would assume that the steering response would already be quite sensitive and light. Test driving would definitely confirm whether to include or not. The inability to test drive is very irritating - just want to take the car for a spin, would help with a lot of decisions.

Can I ask which centre you are dealing with? I have been in contact with 1 or 2 but was getting the same response on negotiability on both.
Morning,
I too have ordered Taycan RWD in Gentian Blue. Dealer is Porsche Hatfield. No discounts as demand apparently exceeds supply.
There are some stock Taycan RWD at franchised dealers(Non Porsche owned directly) but most discount could get was £446.00 on a £85k car!
Was told earlier today that my car build should be completed by 26/03/21.
Thanks.

W1NGE

First Name
Adrian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
GTS ST, Macan T
Country flag
Hi everyone,

I've been reading all the threads and have found all the info on Taycans in general to be really helpful!

Have put in an order on a Taycan RWD, spec lock-in date mid-April, for June delivery.

Big issue - Test drives are not starting again till April 12th at the earliest, which is extremely annoying

- What are current Taycan owners opinions on the ride height? Has anyone had issues with speed bumps touching the front lip/bottom of car? I've included PASM as per advise on other threads.

- How is the visibility? Have opted for 3D surround view but has anyone found they have difficulty judging the front/rear of the car when parking?

- What are people's thoughts on Porsche's Home Charger vs other brands such as Podpoint/Anderssen which offer the OLEV grant in the UK?

- Does anyone know about whether there is a Tracker System? Our 2013 Cayenne has a tracker as an added option when it was made, but this is not an option on the configurator?

- Alloy choices - 21" Mission-E is stunning in gloss black, but much more expensive than 20" aeros, due to the mandatory PSCB option. Does anyone with the Mission-E's have any opinions after having owned them do they look as good on a day to day basis as they appear in pictures.

Has anyone found that Porsche Centres are willing to negotiate on price? It’s a rather unusual situation right now with Centres saying they aren’t willing to offer any sort of discount on Taycans due to heavy demand? Any experience on how people navigated this would be great!

This is the spec as of right now:
Volcano Grey Metallic -2H
Porsche Surface Coated Brake (PSCB) -1LZ
21-Inch Mission E Design Wheels -F44
Wheels painted in Black (high-gloss) -1NV
Partial Leather Interior, Black -AA
Electric folding exterior mirrors -6XV
Exterior Mirrors painted in exterior colour -6FU
Side Window Trims in Black (high-gloss) -QJ4
Model Designation painted in Black (high-gloss) -0NC
Porsche Electric Sport Sound -GM3
Adaptive Air Suspension including Porsche Active Suspension Management (PASM) -1BK
Sport Chrono Package -8LH
Panoramic fixed glass roof -3FG
Windscreen with Grey Top-Tint -4GP
Privacy Glass -VW1
Head-Up Display -KS1
ParkAssist including Surround View -KA6
HomeLink® (Garage Door Opener) -VC2
4+1 Seats -5KA
Ambient Lighting -QQ1
Comfort Seats in Front (14-Way, Electric) with Memory Package -Q2J
Seat Ventilation (front) -4D3
Steering Wheel Heating (i.c.w. Sport Chrono Package and Leather Interior) -2PJ
Crayon seat belts -FI8
Porsche Crest on Headrests (Front Seats) -3J7
Carbon matt Interior Package -5MH
Door Sill Guards brushed Aluminium in Black, illuminated -VT9
BOSE® Surround Sound System -9VL

Any opinions are welcome and much appreciated! Looking forward to becoming part of the Taycan community
A word of caution - this is an overly spec’d Taycan base model and if a private purchase you will lose out on resale.

4S would be a better choice with less options / toys (sorry).

Air suspension gives you SmartLift which can be programmed to raise the entire car for speed bumps etc so no issues there.

Extended leather is missing - too much plastic on show otherwise.

I could challenge other options on your spec but I don’t want to offend. Bear in mind this is the entry level car.

Performance Battery Plus - a must - at the expense of losing the 21” Mission E wheels and forced upgrade of brakes (crazy, sorry!).

steen

First Name
Steen
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
MB E-class coupe
Country flag
I would seriously consider the performance battery from a resale and value perspective.

I dont know the prices in the US, but here en Denmark- and for comparison- the Old Tesla model S with the 75kw battery pack are very difficult to sell, and has taken er huge hit in depreciation even compared to the old Teslas with the 85kw pack.
It is not only practical considerations, but there are psychological factors also, which I assume will be there to an even greater extent with Porche cars.

You could try and do some research on the pricedelta in the US between Model S with the 75kw pack compared to similar with the 85kw pack, and use that as a guide before deciding finally, but I think in 4 og 5 years, the Taycans with the 79kw pack will be skipped by most potential buyers, because the pack-size is the signature factor for evaluating whether a car is considered low end og not. You can add heaps of options to the car, if the signature battery pack isent upgraded, there is a risk it will be skipped by most buyers as with the Tesla 75kw model S.

OP
OP
TaycanLDN

TaycanLDN

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
A word of caution - this is an overly spec’d Taycan base model and if a private purchase you will lose out on resale.

4S would be a better choice with less options / toys (sorry).

Air suspension gives you SmartLift which can be programmed to raise the entire car for speed bumps etc so no issues there.

Extended leather is missing - too much plastic on show otherwise.

I could challenge other options on your spec but I don’t want to offend. Bear in mind this is the entry level car.

Performance Battery Plus - a must - at the expense of losing the 21” Mission E wheels and forced upgrade of brakes (crazy, sorry!).

Hi

If had the choice between the 2 would love to go for a 4S, but the price point is just too high for me.

Good to here about the Air suspension.

Yes I did have Extended Leather originally but wanted to ask others whether there was a significant deterioration in the quality of the interior without it. Also with extended leather would love to get the contrast stitching to really slow the leather detailing like the standard option on 911, but ends up adding up to too much.

Will still think on the battery at the expense of other design elements.

Thanks for the feedback its good to know what other people have/are doing as obviously they will all be in the same resell position in a few years.

OP
OP
TaycanLDN

TaycanLDN

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
I would seriously consider the performance battery from a resale and value perspective.

I dont know the prices in the US, but here en Denmark- and for comparison- the Old Tesla model S with the 75kw battery pack are very difficult to sell, and has taken er huge hit in depreciation even compared to the old Teslas with the 85kw pack.
It is not only practical considerations, but there are psychological factors also, which I assume will be there to an even greater extent with Porche cars.

You could try and do some research on the pricedelta in the US between Model S with the 75kw pack compared to similar with the 85kw pack, and use that as a guide before deciding finally, but I think in 4 og 5 years, the Taycans with the 79kw pack will be skipped by most potential buyers, because the pack-size is the signature factor for evaluating whether a car is considered low end og not. You can add heaps of options to the car, if the signature battery pack isent upgraded, there is a risk it will be skipped by most buyers as with the Tesla 75kw model S.

That's really interesting to hear - with the Taycan I'm finding hard to judge resell values in the UK due to how new the car is. Will defo look into the Tesla depreciation for comparison.

OP
OP
TaycanLDN

TaycanLDN

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
Morning,
I too have ordered Taycan RWD in Gentian Blue. Dealer is Porsche Hatfield. No discounts as demand apparently exceeds supply.
There are some stock Taycan RWD at franchised dealers(Non Porsche owned directly) but most discount could get was £446.00 on a £85k car!
Was told earlier today that my car build should be completed by 26/03/21.
Thanks.

Was told the exact same thing by Hatfield and West London.

Can I ask what you included in the spec? Also I assume you would have ordered without test driving due to COVID is there anything you're concerned about with the RWD?

W1NGE

First Name
Adrian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
GTS ST, Macan T
Country flag
It’s a UK purchase.

Performance Battery Plus as mentioned above is a ‘must have’ for UK market period,

W1NGE

First Name
Adrian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
GTS ST, Macan T
Country flag
That's really interesting to hear - with the Taycan I'm finding hard to judge resell values in the UK due to how new the car is. Will defo look into the Tesla depreciation for comparison.
Go to Porsche Approved and search Taycan - there are a lot of cars there - all models including base Taycan. Deduct 10K from the prices shown and that should give you a good indication of trade-in value.

W1NGE

First Name
Adrian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
GTS ST, Macan T
Country flag
Hi

If had the choice between the 2 would love to go for a 4S, but the price point is just too high for me.

Good to here about the Air suspension.

Yes I did have Extended Leather originally but wanted to ask others whether there was a significant deterioration in the quality of the interior without it. Also with extended leather would love to get the contrast stitching to really slow the leather detailing like the standard option on 911, but ends up adding up to too much.

Will still think on the battery at the expense of other design elements.

Thanks for the feedback its good to know what other people have/are doing as obviously they will all be in the same resell position in a few years.
Full leather dashboard, seats and tops of door trims. Grainy plastic vs smooth leather - if budget / spec tweaking permits then this option normally enhances 2nd hand values.

mandoyoda

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
None
Country flag
I reached out to Porsche Mayfair, but haven't started any negotiations yet. I've put down the deposit, and spoke with the sales agent to book a build spot and test drive.

I went to Porsche Hatfield yesterday to view the Taycan in real life.

Porsche Taycan Taycan RWD Spec Help Taycan Black

Porsche Taycan Taycan RWD Spec Help Taycan Crayon

Porsche Taycan Taycan RWD Spec Help Taycan Ice Carrara White Metallic

Porsche Taycan Taycan RWD Spec Help Taycan Ice Grey Metallic

mandoyoda

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
None
Country flag
Is there a defining line between under and over specified build, and budget for the entry-level Taycan?

OP
OP
TaycanLDN

TaycanLDN

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
I reached out to Porsche Mayfair, but haven't started any negotiations yet. I've put down the deposit, and spoke with the sales agent to book a build spot and test drive.

I went to Porsche Hatfield yesterday to view the Taycan in real life.

Taycan Black.jpg

Taycan Crayon.jpg

Taycan Ice Carrara White Metallic.jpg

Taycan Ice Grey Metallic.jpg
Also visited Hatfield they have a lot of cars on the forecourt. Have you looked at the charging options?

I think its difficult with RWD to find the balance between over and under spec it. Especially with the bare minimum that Porsche include as standard - the fact electric folding mirrors is not standard really irritates me for a luxury car brand.

Have Mayfair indicated that they would be open to negotiation or did they say the same demand/supply line as the others?