nav1

First Name
nav
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
jaguar
Country flag
I recently made order for 4s, but have heard that the taycan RWD IS coming to the UK (heard from Porsche dealer) ; although not sure when and for how much ; but given price differential in China and likely increase in boot room and mileage range ; I was thinking of cancelling my order and resordering when it is released; does anyone in this forum have any more accurate info re release date of RWD?
Sponsored

Neptune

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan Turbo S
Country flag
With these rolling lockdowns happening throughout Europe even the president of Porsche can't tell you for sure.

KK84

First Name
Karol
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Macan, Taycan 4 Cross Turismo (on order)
Country flag
Asked about this my dealer (in Poland) in November while configuring 4S - he was quite adamant that base RWD versions should be announced in Q1 (even end of January) with first deliveries within few months from then (say end of Q2 2021) but with very limited number of cars available (I would assume that this has something with the margins that Porsche is making on higher versions). Given the price and range/boot increase I have decided to wait for the time being. Not sure how this would translate for the UK market/LHD as we tend to have all the versions/new cars available on the same day that they are made available in Germany.

Yves_0016

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Porsche Taycan 4S Performance Plus
Country flag
I asked about it to. Decided not to wait. Why? These were my reasons:

1. With this kind of (instant) power 4WD has added value for me.
2. 4WD has added value anyways in winter conditions.
3. Performance of the 2S will be lower.
4. 2S has for instance no air suspension and some other items. So ”similar spec” will illiminate most (almost all?) the price difference. (So for instance 2S has only 1 engine and no standard air suspension = no range mode?, turning off 1 engine and lowering the car are the key features to range mode + airco eco plus)
5. Not convinced about the extra range. (See remark above on range mode)
6. If bootspace is an issue then you should probably not be buying a Taycan. 4S boot space is ok. I can’t imagine that little extra bootspace making the differnence between ”unusable” and ”ok”.

KK84

First Name
Karol
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Macan, Taycan 4 Cross Turismo (on order)
Country flag
I asked about it to. Decided not to wait. Why? These were my reasons:

1. With this kind of (instant) power 4WD has added value for me.
2. 4WD has added value anyways in winter conditions.
3. Performance of the 2S will be lower.
4. 2S has for instance no air suspension and some other items. So ”similar spec” will illiminate most (almost all?) the price difference. (So for instance 2S has only 1 engine and no standard air suspension = no range mode?, turning off 1 engine and lowering the car are the key features to range mode + airco eco plus)
5. Not convinced about the extra range. (See remark above on range mode)
6. If bootspace is an issue then you should probably not be buying a Taycan. 4S boot space is ok. I can’t imagine that little extra bootspace making the differnence between ”unusable” and ”ok”.
Re: extra range - PASM with air suspension is available as an option on 2S, so I would assume that once it is specced I guess it should work the same as on 4S. More or less fully specced 2S on the Porsche China website configurator (it is in English btw) costs ca. the same as naked 4S so there is ca. 20-22% difference in cost. If money would be no issue then obviously 4S would be a natural choice, nonetheless sometimes we have to make certain choices and trade-offs ;)

torx

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S
Country flag
Spoke to local Porsche dealer yesterday as I was enquiring about a business lease on the 4S. They have stated the RWD version is £13,000 cheaper. Also delivery time is much quicker for the RWD (maybe April) than the 4S.

Still not sure if I need the 4WD of the 4S as a confidence booster for this much power/wet weather.

On the online configurator the cars look almost the same. I was going to add some specs to the 4S but doing this to RWD version will still work out cheaper.

Not sure what to do.

Last edited:

Duc959

First Name
FR
Threads
Reaction score
Website
share.octopus.energy
Vehicles
RR Vogue Autobiography, Ducati Panigale V2
Country flag
Spoke to local Porsche dealer yesterday as I was enquiring about a business lease on the 4S. They have stated the RWD version is £13,000 cheaper. Also delivery time is much quicker for the RWD (maybe April) than the 4S.

Still not sure if I need the 4WD of the 4S as a confidence booster for this much power/wet weather.

On the online configurator the cars look almost the same. I was going to add some specs to the 4S but doing this to RWD version will still work out cheaper.

Not sure what to do.
Definitely cheaper, I just specced it with the same options as my 4s and its a really good price point for the same looking car. My only concern would be the range and the fact you miss out on the 4 wheel drive to help get the power down.

Tazer

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan GTS, Turbo GT, Aventador SVJ, 812 Superfast
Country flag
Definitely cheaper, I just specced it with the same options as my 4s and its a really good price point for the same looking car. My only concern would be the range and the fact you miss out on the 4 wheel drive to help get the power down.
Well it has a lot less power than the 4s so don’t be toooooo concerned