Taycan RWD vs. Turbo S Brake Caliper Sizes

luckystone

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla
Country flag
Hi all,

Today my new RWD Taycan arrived and I managed to catch a glance before they took it away for changing the color of the brake calipers. I got the 21" Mission E-wheels on my RWD Taycan, it comes with a mandatory option of Porsche Surface Coated Brakes (PSCB). In the configuration it mentions that the size of the brake calipers on the RWD PSCB is 410 mm front and 365 mm back. I was wondering if it's the same size caliper as the Turbo S. I couldn't find the dimensions of the Turbo S calipers. Does anyone know?

Aside from PSCB, the Turbo S also comes with standard PCCB (Porsche Ceramic Coated Brakes) vs. Surface Coated Brakes. The visual difference is the ceramic coating which is slightly darker than the surface coated rotors.
Sponsored

ChalkTaycan

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Macan
Country flag
Why, what’s wrong with that?
In Porsche, yellow brake caliper is reserved for PCCB. I personally don't care but many of the die hard Porsche people (Rennlist) will look at painting regular brake caliper yellow as a poser.

Dee

First Name
Dee
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
A lot
In Porsche, yellow brake caliper is reserved for PCCB. I personally don't care but many of the die hard Porsche people (Rennlist) will look at painting regular brake caliper yellow as a poser.
In the Netherlands you can tell by the numberplate what type of car it is (also if it's a rental (as in lease) or privately owned).
If it's a car with no badge it's probably a RWD or 4S...lol.
It's silly to have yellow calipers on a RWD Taycan unless it's PCCB imho.

PS I have black calipers.
I don't like bananas stuck in my wheels.

struther

First Name
Brad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Nissan GTR, Nissan 350z
Country flag
In the Netherlands you can tell by the numberplate what type of car it is (also if it's a rental (as in lease) or privately owned).
If it's a car with no badge it's probably a RWD or 4S...lol.
It's silly to have yellow calipers on a RWD Taycan unless it's PCCB imho.

PS I have black calipers.
I don't like bananas stuck in my wheels.
I also have the PCCB painted black. You don’t get the same sense of size but I prefer the look of the white-black theme on my car. Yellow didn’t do it for me.

OP
OP

luckystone

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla
Country flag
For me it’s about the looks. I like how the yellow calipers look on a black themed car. I understand it’s reserved for Turbo S, but I honestly couldn’t care less. It’s simply a cosmetic change. People that look up the number plate to see whether it’s a Turbo S model to judge the yellow calipers should take a look at themselves and find better things to do. It’s frankly pretty pathetic.

kailifish

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
21 Taycan Turbo S
Country flag
For me it’s about the looks. I like how the yellow calipers look on a black themed car. I understand it’s reserved for Turbo S, but I honestly couldn’t care less. It’s simply a cosmetic change. People that look up the number plate to see whether it’s a Turbo S model to judge the yellow calipers should take a look at themselves and find better things to do. It’s frankly pretty pathetic.
Hey it's your car, you should be entitled to do whatever mods/cosmetics you want with it. While they are entitled to their opinions, dont let anyone (okay...maybe your wife/SO lol ) tell you what you should or should not put. Respect all builds/models/trims.

Dee

First Name
Dee
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
A lot
What's pathetic?
Looking up an unbadged model or painting calipers yellow? Lol!
Patatoo/potatoe, just do what you like, it's your car.
At least we have something to talk about cuz frankly, I'd rather have silly discussions about caliper colors than talk about serious issues with the software like driving errors or complete shut downs.
Have fun personalizing your car, I'm doing the exact same thing... :)

Porsche Taycan Taycan RWD vs. Turbo S Brake Caliper Sizes IMG_20210709_151437167_HDR

DGT

First Name
Don
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
992 Targa 4S, '21 Cayenne S, '21 Taycan 4S
Country flag
Hi all,

Today my new RWD Taycan arrived and I managed to catch a glance before they took it away for changing the color of the brake calipers. I got the 21" Mission E-wheels on my RWD Taycan, it comes with a mandatory option of Porsche Surface Coated Brakes (PSCB). In the configuration it mentions that the size of the brake calipers on the RWD PSCB is 410 mm front and 365 mm back. I was wondering if it's the same size caliper as the Turbo S. I couldn't find the dimensions of the Turbo S calipers. Does anyone know?

Aside from PSCB, the Turbo S also comes with standard PCCB (Porsche Ceramic Coated Brakes) vs. Surface Coated Brakes. The visual difference is the ceramic coating which is slightly darker than the surface coated rotors.
Back to the original question - you're not quoting the size of the calipers in your question - that's the size of the brake discs. The size of the calipers will change accordingly, but they are not defined by a specific size, other than the number of pistons (10 front/4 back for the Turbo S and 6 front/4 back for the base). For the Turbo S, the front discs are 420 mm and the rear are 410 mm. So the calipers themselves on the PCCBs are considerably larger than those on the base Taycan.
Sponsored