Taycan RWD

Bg259

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan RWD, Ferrari 488 Spider, RR Autobiography
Country flag
Hi Everybody. Just picked up my brand new Taycan MY21. It was ordered in April 21. Build slot was late July 21. Was built on 29th July 21. Sat at the factory until October. Delivered with a manual steering column and some missing phone prep items. I also noticed the mirrors on the car have the 3 yellow dots on the mirrors. I thought they were for blind spot assist which I didn’t order. Is that standard ?

I have owned over 20 911s, and have used a 992 for a while. The infotainment system is woefully glitchy. Unlike the 911. Why didn’t they fit the same infotainment system ?

Also I have noticed that the RWD sits higher. Is that true ? Or just my car ?

i put a big specification on it. Only wish I had gone with chalk seats.

Porsche Taycan Taycan RWD 9DDE0608-0A50-4B01-B67B-4FC300A01249
Sponsored

OP
OP

Bg259

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
Hi Everybody. Just picked up my brand new Taycan MY21. It was ordered in April 21. Build slot was late July 21. Was built on 29th July 21. Sat at the factory until October. Delivered with a manual steering column and some missing phone prep items. I also noticed the mirrors on the car have the 3 yellow dots on the mirrors. I thought they were for blind spot assist which I didn’t order. Is that standard ?

I have owned over 20 911s, and have used a 992 for a while. The infotainment system is woefully glitchy. Unlike the 911. Why didn’t they fit the same infotainment system ?

Also I have noticed that the RWD sits higher. Is that true ? Or just my car ?

i put a big specification on it. Only wish I had gone with chalk seats.

9DDE0608-0A50-4B01-B67B-4FC300A01249.jpeg
Also I am the only person to put the electric badges on ????

jontybutts

First Name
Jonty
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Eletre R, Taycan
Country flag
If you specced the air suspension then it won’t sit any higher than any other Model. If you haven’t, then it will.

Tsingtao

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Toucan RWD
Country flag
Also I am the only person to put the electric badges on ????
You aren't the only person to put the "electric" badges on the doors, you are just the only one who has not yet removed them! On the height, I too have the RWD (black of course). Mine has the air suspension which allows ride height adjustment. If you have springs and want the height lowered, you may have to have somebody do something clever with a wrench to lower your ride. But based on your pic, the car looks fantastic as is (even with the electric badge).

tigerbalm

First Name
Damien
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan Turbo S, Fiat 500 EV
Country flag
I have owned over 20 911s, and have used a 992 for a while. The infotainment system is woefully glitchy. Unlike the 911.
The 911 is about to get the Taycan (PCM 6.0) infotainment system.

OP
OP

Bg259

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
What does everyone think of the infotainment system? Does anyone have issues with it ? It seems very glitchy to me.

Ll312

First Name
LL
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan, S7, Q8
Country flag
Congrats on the new ride! The infotainment system is very glitchy indeed. Sometimes the center screens will just go dark and reboot while driving. Traffic information shows up and disappears in the navigation map at random times. Dealership doesn’t seem to know much about the car so it just makes it a bit more frustrating. Overall I still love the car despite these hiccups.

SebastienBeun

First Name
Sebastien
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2020 Taycan Turbo, 992 Carrera S
Country flag
What does everyone think of the infotainment system? Does anyone have issues with it ? It seems very glitchy to me.
I own a 2020 Turbo and I must say that even though the infotainment system was very glitchy at first, it really improved when my car had the big update in March/April this year. Now, I almost never experience any problem anymore, except for an occasional problem with internet services (weather, Apple Music etc.) that is always solved the next time I drive the car.

dmattingly23

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4 CT
Country flag
For someone who has owned a number or other Porsche vehicles, how do you feel about the RWD? I’m thinking of a RWD now vs. the CT4 but am a bit concerned about the alleged “lack of power“ or “acceleration.” Mine will be a daily driver.

RBGtaycan

First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Kia EV6; Taycan RWD....Past: 356, Cayman S
Country flag
For someone who has owned a number or other Porsche vehicles, how do you feel about the RWD? I’m thinking of a RWD now vs. the CT4 but am a bit concerned about the alleged “lack of power“ or “acceleration.” Mine will be a daily driver.
I have also owned plenty of fast cars and this one is just fine. Acceleration from a dead stop is Ok (not great) BUT real world acceleration while moving in traffic is quite quite good (and so smooth)!

Fish Fingers

First Name
Ian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan RWD
Country flag
I had a manual BMW M2 before my RWD Taycan (PB+).

Real world..... the Taycan is faster in all situations, except just the initial part from a standing start (due to the Taycans weight).

OP
OP

Bg259

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
Did anyone else get the birdseye camera system? In addition to 360 cameras? It was an expensive option but gives you a very good view of the car. I noticed that the option is no longer available as of MY22.

OP
OP

Bg259

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
The power of the Rwd is plenty for the average user. It is very useable and in everyday use you will never be able to use the extra power of the Turbo. Coming from 911 turbos and a Ferrari 488 spider I am used to sub 3.0second 0-60 cars but I think for a 4 door everyday car the Taycan RWD is ample.

It just sits a little high for my liking !!

285kph

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2012 BMW X5 - 2021 Taycan - 2022 BMW X5 45e
Country flag
How often do you race other cars at stoplights? The response off the line for the RWD Taycan is a bit soft. Once moving there is plenty of power/acceleration (e.g., BMW M2, Audi S6/S8, Boxster S level, provided those cars in the right gear).
Sponsored