sriklin

First Name
Seth
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2018 Panamera E-Hybrid
Country flag
I have a 3rd party (SEMA) charger in my building that has charged my 4s well for two weeks. Plugged in the night before last and came back yesterday to find the charger saying “charge complete” when the car had not changed from 70%. Plugged in last night multiple times using two different chargers. Porsche connect told me the charging was complete although no charging occurred. Both charges say the same. It appears that the car is saying it’s fully charged when the console still says 70%. Anyone have any ideas?
Sponsored

Singularity

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
MY 2020 Taycan 4S, MY 2022 Audi Q7 60 TFSIe
Country flag
To me that sounds like you have some sort of target or minimum charge set in your profiles / timers. Don't really understand how else this could be happening.

dryii

First Name
Doug
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2020 Porsche Taycan 4S, 2018 Tesla Model 3, 2015 Porsche Macan Turbo
Country flag
... the charger saying “charge complete”...
... the car is saying it’s fully charged...
"charge complete" and "fully charged" can have two very different meanings. I concur with @Singularity and would recommend checking your profiles and timers.

OP
OP

sriklin

First Name
Seth
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2018 Panamera E-Hybrid
Country flag
So the answer was simple: If you are not using a profile or a timer setting, you have to have the Direct Charge box checked. Apparently, I had bumped the screen and unchecked the box.

I was at the dealership today for my Texas registration, and learned that Porsche says that regular charging should be to the 80-85% level. I set up a geo-referenced profile for my home that will automatically charge it to that level unless I change it.
Sponsored