Taycan screen unlocked for DVD

Reg

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S
Country flag
Seems very expensive considering that you can buy a used iPad and have a lot more flexibility for where you view your videos.

Dee

First Name
Dee
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
A lot
What does this do? Thanks
It allows you to play video while driving.

Translation from German:
Viewing moving images while driving is prohibited by law or liability insurance in many countries. In Germany, the driver of a vehicle is responsible for ensuring that his vision and hearing are not impaired by technical devices without a specific prohibition. The TV activation should only enable the front passenger and other vehicle occupants to use TV and DVD while driving. The customer must ensure that activated devices do not impair the driver's attention. Usage on own risk! KUFATEC GmbH & Co. KG is not liable for damage resulting from improper use.

I send a msg to the seller if it enables the passenger display too (while driving without a passenger).

Last edited:

OP
OP

kevinod

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Panamera 971
Country flag
There’s a few available but they all appear to be the same product.

Some don’t ship to certain parts of the world.

Cartronix appear to be the brains behind it so it may pay to buy direct from them for updates etc going forward

Reactions: Dee

Cpoarchy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
1999 911, taycan 4s
Country flag

Translation from German:
Viewing moving images while driving is prohibited by law or liability insurance in many countries. In Germany, the driver of a vehicle is responsible for ensuring that his vision and hearing are not impaired by technical devices without a specific prohibition. The TV activation should only enable the front passenger and other vehicle occupants to use TV and DVD while driving. The customer must ensure that activated devices do not impair the driver's attention. Usage on own risk! KUFATEC GmbH & Co. KG is not liable for damage resulting from improper use.

I send a msg to the seller if it enables the passenger display too (while driving without a passenger).
Thanks for the translation, so how do you watch tv or a dvd when not moving

TAYC4N

First Name
AM
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan GTS (PTS)
Country flag
Messing with electrics will fuck your warranty!

Kevin2dx

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2020 Taycan Turbo S, 2018 McLaren 720S
Country flag
It's a OBD2 plug so all the software is on that plug.
It doesn't change the software in the car.
Any idea where the OBD2 plug location is? I’m not too familiar with the car to that extent yet :)

Tazer

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan GTS, Turbo GT, Aventador SVJ, 812 Superfast
Country flag

Translation from German:

Did the dealer let you know if it enable passenger display without a passenger?

isacumi

First Name
isacumi
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
TAYCAN 4S
Country flag
It is easy run this plug? In other words.......I am not an expert....do yuo think it is possible to install that for me?
Sponsored