Silveral

Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Taycan 4S
Country flag
I read on the forum here that pressing one of the buttons on the FOB will lower the windows.... I've tried holding down lock / unlock buttons and it doesn't lower the windows...
I believe this is not available in North America
Advertisement

W1NGE

First Name
Adrian
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Taycan 4S+ Volcano, 2012 Boxster S GT Silver
Country flag
I read on the forum here that pressing one of the buttons on the FOB will lower the windows.... I've tried holding down lock / unlock buttons and it doesn't lower the windows...
Odd, can't imagine that feature to be region specific but perhaps so. Check the Porsche Good To Know App for further details (opening / unlocking section) which might help.

whitex

Reaction score
Vehicles
2 x Tesla Model S
Country flag
When you "short circuit" an electric motor it'll slow down, it's an electric brake...
Same principle is used in RC cars, it's like two (electro)magnets opposite to each other: they can attract or repel each other instead of using the induction for generating power.
The energy has to go somewhere. When you short circuit the RC car motors, the "braking" energy turns into hear - the short circuit wire/relay/transistor warms up, as do the motors. Slowing down a 2 ton car produces a lot of energy, heating up the motors and the inverter would not last very long before either or both overheated. Put an RC car on a treadmill, short circuit the motors, see how long before the motors start glowing.

whitex

Reaction score
Vehicles
2 x Tesla Model S
Country flag
To the buffer? I am not eating car chips for lunch, what do I know what the BMS does?

I always charge to 100% and I always have available regen when I drive down my little mountain.;)
Does you range and/or SoC get higher when driving down that mountain starting at 100% SoC? Does your battery show >100% at the bottom? Or perhaps, does the range not go down for a while when driving after getting to the bottom?

feye

Reaction score
Vehicles
Porsche Taycan 4S+ 2020
Country flag
Does you range and/or SoC get higher when driving down that mountain starting at 100% SoC? Does your battery show >100% at the bottom? Or perhaps, does the range not go down for a while when driving after getting to the bottom?
1630582373758.png

I only have 0.5 km downhill, but SoC stays 100% all the way down. On the power meter you can see, I have still quite a bit of regen left, which I gave me the negative consumption.

Another time I left with 100% SoC.
1630582764661.png

At the top, I had 521 km range

1630582867123.png

But at the bottom of the hill with negative consumption, I had 1 km less of range. Funny way how this BMS works... :)

To test this better, would need to have at least a few km downhill...

Last edited:
Reactions: B61

nycebo

First Name
Edward
Reaction score
Vehicles
Porsche Taycan 4S, Mercedes E450 Wagon
Country flag
1630582373758.png

I only have 0.5 km downhill, but SoC stays 100% all the way down. On the power meter you can see, I have still quite a bit of regen left, which I gave me the negative consumption.
I'm confused. I don't see you regenerating power at all, which to my recollection would be the green arc moving counter-clockwise from top dead center.

Dee

First Name
Dee
Reaction score
Vehicles
Yes.
Country flag
At the top, I had 521 km range
But at the bottom of the hill with negative consumption, I had 1 km less of range. Funny way how this BMS works... :)
No, you had 100 meter less range as you don't see the decimals.
520,4 will show 520 where 520,5 will show 521... 😁

feye

Reaction score
Vehicles
Porsche Taycan 4S+ 2020
Country flag
I'm confused. I don't see you regenerating power at all, which to my recollection would be the green arc moving counter-clockwise from top dead center.
I am not continuously breaking when I drive down. Here is another one showing recup.

1630626930379.png

Red line would be max recup. Not much, when the battery is full.

1630627359104.png

Reverse is true with empty battery in turtle mode on available power.

nycebo

First Name
Edward
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
Gotcha. Thanks for the additional photos.

NC_Taycan

First Name
Lewis
Reaction score
Vehicles
'12 Tesla Model S P85, '17 Cayenne S, '20 Taycan Turbo
Country flag
I love that @feye has run the car down to the point to be able to show the turtle mode acceleration power limit.

courbcyr

Reaction score
Vehicles
Turbo MY2021
Country flag
Ive tried but it only works if im on an inclined road. Then hold kicks in from rolling backwards.
Is there a setting for this? I'll keep trying different things. Thanks for mentioning this
You have to press the pedal inordinately hard. But it does work. Not ideal. Hopefully a software fix in the future.

nycebo

First Name
Edward
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
You have to press the pedal inordinately hard. But it does work. Not ideal. Hopefully a software fix in the future.
For clarity, try punching it quickly rather than pressing and holding.

submatrix

Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Taycan
Country flag
For those who hand wash their car like me, I finally had a chance to test using the keyfob to disable Comfort Access by long pressing (about 1 second) both the lock and unlock buttons at the same time. Worked like a charm! I was able to wash the entire car with no car handles popping out, frunk opening while I'm washing the front, etc.

Note that it disables the proximity unlocking but also the door handles presenting when you touch the underside of the handle, which is really useful when you're washing around the door handles.

Comfort access can be reenabled by pressing lock/unlock on the keyfob again.

Advertisement

ZYRUS
Advertisement