4thPcar

First Name
Ian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Previously: 914, 944 and 997 911S. Now Taycan
Country flag
Great post, keep 'em coming. I am months into ownership and still trying to figure out how to use everything. My sales rep can talk all day long about Macans but is not able to answer basic questions about a Taycan. I don't even bother calling him anymore, I just fish around on this forum to find answers.
Agree, the forum is hundred times better also than fishing through the manual for answers. I don't understand a lot of what I read even when finding the exact topic I need. My debrief at the dealership was useless.
Sponsored

4thPcar

First Name
Ian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
In my experience, the home link pop-up via GPS works seamlessly and consistently to the point that I have deleted home-link from my favorites button.
I would be curious to hear how others use the 2 shortcut buttons as I've used one for Homelink but, given this advice, may soon have 2 available to use!

4thPcar

First Name
Ian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
Since Porsche decided for some insane reason to not include a button to skip song, that’s what I’m using it for.

OOOOH! can you share how to program that function?

B61

First Name
Bine
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
CT4 (9/2021)
Country flag
You can “program’ both diamond buttons (one on a steering wheel, another on the main screen).
I use them for “next song” and “sports sound”.

Last edited:

4thPcar

First Name
Ian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
He is one that I personally thought was interesting.

Turn on the normal 3 dial dash.
Turn on adaptive regen

On the left most dial you see the solid bar fill as you speed up but next to it you'll also see a small triangle, this represents the speed of the detected traffic in front.

Meaning, keep the solid bar near the triangle and you will be riding efficiently!
What is "normal 3 dial dash" please?

Taycan_friend

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan
Country flag
Found this out without sifting through the manual or good to know app but instead of pressing down on the lower screen, you can just slide your fingers to adjust things like temp, fan speed and volume. One finger up and down on the HVAC controls and two fingers on the lower trackpad for volume. I also tried swiping left or right but didn't seem to do anything.

Also if you hold down the regen button on the steering wheel it turns on the auto regen option.

Actually, speaking of regen, I noticed that most of the time the first 5 or so minutes of my drive the car solely uses the physical brakes. Does regen need to warm up a bit before it activates?
thats the daily brake refreshing function. Not for minutes, but depending on the brake maneuvers you do

Taycan_friend

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan
Country flag
I've been told (by salesman) that auto location might be also used to change to Gravel mode, and/or to lift up the vehicle on max heights as well.
If it works slow, you can set that few hundred meters before, right?
not for mode, but for lift

Reactions: B61

B61

First Name
Bine
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
CT4 (9/2021)
Country flag
I wrote that before i got my car.

Taycan_friend

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan
Country flag
Back to tips/functions! Today by accident, I discovered a button that actives the heated steering wheel, located behind the 6 o'clock spoke where it meets the rim of the wheel.
yes, on every Porsche with the option "heated steering wheel"

Taycan_friend

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan
Country flag
Unknown to me, but while searching for lost coins under the driver's seat I noticed this:

IMG_1833.jpeg

The brake pedal mechanism is made of CARBON FIBER. Perhaps the whole Taycan series has this?

And no, I don't have a Taycan Turbo ... it's a Taycan 4S.

Pretty cool!

p.s The Stabuck's drink is there for, uh, relative size? A pointing device? Thirsty?
This is no carbon fibre though. It is another lightweight material called "organo sheet" (organoblech in German). It is a glass fibre reinforced with sheets.

Taycan_friend

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan
Country flag
When completely stopped in traffic behind another car, the car creeps forward. I guess im not stepping on the brake hard enough so it creeps without me noticing.
To avoid keeping your foot on the brake when completely stopped in traffic, you can use "HOLD" braking. To activate HOLD, turn on innodrive and it works.
you can use HOLD without innodrive. Just push the brake pedal through when you stop and see the green HOLD in your display

BigBob

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan CT 4S, Range Rover Sport
Country flag
He is one that I personally thought was interesting.

Turn on the normal 3 dial dash.
Turn on adaptive regen

On the left most dial you see the solid bar fill as you speed up but next to it you'll also see a small triangle, this represents the speed of the detected traffic in front.

Meaning, keep the solid bar near the triangle and you will be riding efficiently!
I can't find/see the triangle :-(

XLR82XS

First Name
LXA
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Taycan | 2021 Cayenne GTS | 2018 991.2 | DMC

bluedonkey

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S
Country flag
I would be curious to hear how others use the 2 shortcut buttons as I've used one for Homelink but, given this advice, may soon have 2 available to use!
The steering wheel one is Homelink, the other one is the sport sound on/off

raharris

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
GMC AT4X, Macan S, Taycan Turbo, Cayenne Turbo GT
Country flag
Give me there is a shortcut key that appears on the display (in the right hand column) for homelink - I didn’t waste the button on this.

I have sport sound on the soft button on the display, and next track on the steering wheel.
Sponsored