Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
A lot
Ditto - never use the pop-up HomeLink.

My 2 customizable physical buttons do
1) parking cameras and
2) HomeLink.
But there's already a button at the bottom left of your lower middle screen for your parking cameras.

Porsche Taycan Taycan Secret Tips and Functions 2022-05-02_12.05.04
Sponsored

raharris

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
GMC AT4X, Macan S, Taycan Turbo, Cayenne Turbo GT
Country flag
But there's already a button at the bottom left of your lower middle screen for your parking cameras.

2022-05-02_12.05.04.jpg
Unless you have remote park; in which case that button is remote park.

McgR

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan CT 4
Country flag
But is remote park active while you're driving the car?
No but the button activates the automatic parking function and it starts searching for a parking spot. It shows a screen to select if you want parallel parking or perpendicular left or right. Another button can be pushed to go back to the surround view screen

Reactions: Dee

ciaranob

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
CT4S 2022 Mini Cooper S 2024 Electric in 2025/6
Country flag
But is remote park active while you're driving the car?
I think so but don't have car right now :)!

Regardless I hate mucking with screen buttons when driving even when parking so having the instant satisfaction of getting the parking cameras views up immediately via the wheel button is WAY better imo - esp. as this is something you do every time you drive (i.e. eventually you park!).

Cajun Martyni

First Name
Brent
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Taycan Base
Country flag
Can someone please explain or show the “hamburger”. I’ve got a ‘22 Base. Thanks.

NewPdude

First Name
Rhett
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
BMW M440i
Country flag
Yeah my orig post there was before I got my car - feels like a lifetime ago now!

My other posts after receiving my car late Dec on this have it working well and even managed to have a driveway gate and garage door both open with a single click of my dashboard assigned button.
This is great! I’ve been concerned about this since I don’t want to waste the other button…Can you explain how you set this up? Thanks in advance!

ithinkmac

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'17 3, '22 4S CT, '22 MXP
Country flag
I just noticed the other day, that if I use PCM NAVI to a charging station. The charger icon next to the battery gauge changes to have a GPS arrow next to it. The attention to detail is pretty cool. Those Germans. Which to me is translated to pre-conditioning battery.

-ThinkMac-

ciaranob

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
CT4S 2022 Mini Cooper S 2024 Electric in 2025/6
Country flag
This is great! I’ve been concerned about this since I don’t want to waste the other button…Can you explain how you set this up? Thanks in advance!
Detailed it somewhere on here but TBH can’t exactly recall! I do believe that I had already set up my garage door and (same make) gate opener to open with one click and so in linking in to the car’s Homelink setup it just grabbed the correct ID/codes but I’ll try to find out more precisely the seq.

DRR

First Name
Don
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Taycan 4S, 2021 Model Y Performance
Country flag
YES! I think the operative question is whether anyone finds this touchscreen area particularly useful in its current state.
I find it useful to scroll though and click select Apple Music songs from my
Library while driving

Fletch

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
‘22 CT4S, ‘21 Defender 110
Country flag
As a counterpoint, I already have to touch the main screen due to Carplay, and fingerprints show up a lot more on the lower screen because of the angle at which it's oriented to the sun.
Drives me crazy that the touchpad doesn’t work with CarPlay. My BMW iDrive knob could navigate CarPlay just fine, so i know its possible.

I hate navigating the top center screen with the AC blowing - hand gets cold :)