Taycan Servicing UK

Taycanturbolondon

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan Turbo
Country flag
Although I, and i am sure many of you are a long way from servicing i just received an email from Porsche Mayfair about service plans based on 2 services over 4 years or 3 over 6 years for the most expensive pack. the pricing seems crazy

£2304 2 services only
£2484 2 services, wiper blades, MOT, battery charged
£4,500 3 services, MOT, wiper, battery charged and brakes

extra levy for PCSB 300 and PCCB 480

i mean if this is the payment upfront option how much is going to be if we walk in?
Sponsored

TAYC4S

First Name
D
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
911C4S; Jag F-TypeR; Taycan4S; Turbo+992 (ordered)
Country flag
Although I, and i am sure many of you are a long way from servicing i just received an email from Porsche Mayfair about service plans based on 2 services over 4 years or 3 over 6 years for the most expensive pack. the pricing seems crazy

£2304 2 services only

i mean if this is the payment upfront option how much is going to be if we walk in?
I got it as well today from Porsche Reading and honestly cannot understand it as there is nothing to really do except basic fluid changes the most complex being brake fluid change. What else gets done, lubricating the door hinges ?. Hopefully they will be able to look at this more carefully and be realistic when the time does come...

OP
OP
Taycanturbolondon

Taycanturbolondon

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan Turbo
Country flag
Are there any ex Tesla or other EV owners who have servicing experience who can enlighten us on what a service entails?

1AX

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan T
Country flag
Think they must have banged their heads before they dreamt up that pricing. Quick way to aggravate your customer base!

One of the benfits of an EV compared to an ICE is the reduction in maintenance required which would (under usual circumstances) result in a large drop in income for the dealerships who must make a significant amount of their margin from their massively inflated servicing costs.

This pricing appears to be an attempt to retain that income but the justification is surely very weak. Their 'ace' is the fact they will have the opportunity to void your warranty if you don't have the car serviced as recommended!

r553

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
981 Spyder, 2015 Cayenne Diesel, 2020 Taycan 4s
Country flag
They don't mention changing the cabin air filter. Apparently it is the same filter as the Panamera

OP
OP
Taycanturbolondon

Taycanturbolondon

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan Turbo
Country flag
They don't mention changing the cabin air filter. Apparently it is the same filter as the Panamera
i think they refer to that as the pollen filter. probably the same as a VW golf and Bentley conti GT

Bobby

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan
Country flag
Are there any ex Tesla or other EV owners who have servicing experience who can enlighten us on what a service entails?
I had a Tesla Model X and bought a 4 year service pack for £2400. This was supposed to have 4 annual services and swapping front and rear wheels every 6 months. As it transpired, they moved the service interval to every 2 years and never found the need to swap the wheels. Apparently a Tesla has only 38 moving parts and so the service requirements are minimal.

r553

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
981 Spyder, 2015 Cayenne Diesel, 2020 Taycan 4s
Country flag
The Taycan has different size front & rear tires so no need for tire rotation

OP
OP
Taycanturbolondon

Taycanturbolondon

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan Turbo
Country flag
I had a Tesla Model X and bought a 4 year service pack for £2400. This was supposed to have 4 annual services and swapping front and rear wheels every 6 months. As it transpired, they moved the service interval to every 2 years and never found the need to swap the wheels. Apparently a Tesla has only 38 moving parts and so the service requirements are minimal.
sounds like that is where Porsche found their pricing

Austin_yeahbaby

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S, replaced my 911 ;-)
Country flag
It sounds like penny pinching to not get the service done by Porsche after such an outlay but the pricing is purely pulled out of the air and not linked to anything remotely based on actual work.

I worry that other garages will look at the car and just roll their eyes and won't have an idea but I'm already planning to get this done independently.

I'm not adverse to spending cash, I don't like wasting it!

torx

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S
Country flag
Wow, that is stupid money. I have a three year business lease so will only need to do one service at 2 years but still that is very expensive.

Scandinavian

First Name
Peter
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan T, Tesla M3P, Aston Martin DB9, Porsche 996 C4 Cab
Country flag

£2304 2 services only

Really surprised as very disappointed at Porschetrying to fool people into an agreement like this!

There was a post recently by a member from Germany who had the small and large service r price for a Taycan! I could not find that just now.

If I remember correctly the prices quoted from a Porsche Zentrum was in the region of 3 to 400 Euro each!
Disgraceful attempts from the Porsche centres to send out offers like the one you have received.
Sponsored