MyA

First Name
Marc-Yvon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S
Country flag
Where is the SIM card located in the Taycan?

I am now travelling in a remote region where cellular coverage is provided by Roger’s extended network here in Gaspésie, Québec, Canada. The onboard SIM card does not pick up that extended network signal and therefore all connected services are dead. The car even throws me off my account (greyed out) and can only drive as a guest….

Porsche Taycan Taycan Sim Card Location? CDFE8F1C-A954-4D74-BF49-18FAD9B8C9EC
Sponsored

W1NGE

First Name
Adrian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
GTS ST, Macan T
Country flag
Where is the SIM card located in the Taycan?

I am now travelling in a remote region where cellular coverage is provided by Roger’s extended network here in Gaspésie, Québec, Canada. The onboard SIM card does not pick up that extended network signal and therefore all connected services are dead. The car even throws me off my account (greyed out) and can only drive as a guest….

CDFE8F1C-A954-4D74-BF49-18FAD9B8C9EC.jpeg
There isn't one and relies on an e-SIM (software) which is activated when you opt for the data package. One for the connected services and the other for the data package.

Have you tried searching for other providers in the PCM to see if you can pick something up that way?

OP
OP
MyA

MyA

First Name
Marc-Yvon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S
Country flag
There isn't one and relies on an e-SIM (software) which is activated when you opt for the data package. One for the connected services and the other for the data package.

Have you tried searching for other providers in the PCM to see if you can pick something up that way?
I Can’t find anywhere in the PCM where it can scan for other providers?

OP
OP
MyA

MyA

First Name
Marc-Yvon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S
Country flag
It seems I need to find a way to enable the roaming feature of the SIM card…. But how to?

W1NGE

First Name
Adrian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
GTS ST, Macan T
Country flag
Sorry, I thought you could search for alternative providers but I can't find it either now.

Roaming isn't an option either and in this case you are still in Canada so I don't see that being a reason. I would expect roaming to be automatic in any case.

Sorry but I've drawn a blank now.

OP
OP
MyA

MyA

First Name
Marc-Yvon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S
Country flag
Porsche‘s answer:

"In some places the signal is not very good in Canada or US and some customers might face this problem when travelling.

eSim are using the same network than other Sim but for PCM infotainment, the systems needs LTE + strong bandwidth in order to provide all online services correctly (Navigation details, Charging Details, POI, Online Radio, etc)
Customer can have signal on his phone but not sure this is LTE, and if he gets LTE and car doesn’t it’s because the bandwidth available is not matching system requirements.

I will ask about the roaming feature via extended network partners but not sure that we can do much more for this.

Voilà!
Sponsored