daveo4EV

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Cayenne Hybrid, 911(s) GT3/Convertable
Country flag
I was told in no uncertain terms by many many porsche faithful that there is no demand for EV’s and that they do not work - and their efficiency and power is an illusion and gas cars are just as efficient…

many many things I was told…
Sponsored

Kingske

First Name
Frank
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2020 Porsche Taycan 4S, 2024 BMW X3, 2014 BMW 3 GT
Country flag
I was told in no uncertain terms by many many porsche faithful that there is no demand for EV’s and that they do not work - and their efficiency and power is an illusion and gas cars are just as efficient…

And yet you didn’t listen... :)

daveo4EV

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Cayenne Hybrid, 911(s) GT3/Convertable
Country flag
@Kingske yeah I’m pretty stupid…

jimithing

First Name
Jimmy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2015 Macan Turbo, 2014 Panamera GTS
Country flag

Well that's silly. There's plenty of questions about EVs at scale - California can't even keep the lights on as it is. But in isolation, they're extremely compelling other than the lousy charging situation outside of Tesla. But I've always liked golf carts & the Taycan is the world's fastest golf cart! (production - the VW ID.R is a monster)

feye

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Porsche Taycan 4S+ 2020
Country flag
In Germany last month EVs reached 8% market share. Should have been higher, but ICEs were also selling well...

Porsche Taycan Taycan smashes Porsche sales records in Europe last month 1602586946788

feye

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Porsche Taycan 4S+ 2020
Country flag
Well that's silly. There's plenty of questions about EVs at scale - California can't even keep the lights on as it is. But in isolation, they're extremely compelling other than the lousy charging situation outside of Tesla. But I've always liked golf carts & the Taycan is the world's fastest golf cart! (production - the VW ID.R is a monster)
Is there comparing to EU and China, a slight shortfall in power grid infrastructure investment in the US?

svp6

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
4S
Country flag
Is there comparing to EU and China, a slight shortfall in power grid infrastructure investment in the US?
Not sure about the metrics (too lazy to google) but is sure feels that way watching Bjorn's videos on EV experience in Norway. I suspect some other countries lag behind - remember the guy who travelled with the Taycan to Spain? Once he reached the southern part charging became complicated.

Scandinavian

First Name
Peter
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan T, Tesla M3P, Aston Martin DB9, Porsche 996 C4 Cab
Country flag
Not sure about the metrics (too lazy to google) but is sure feels that way watching Bjorn's videos on EV experience in Norway. I suspect some other countries lag behind - remember the guy who travelled with the Taycan to Spain? Once he reached the southern part charging became complicated.
It is still a problem on the route that the guy from Norway took. But there hs been quite a good roll out of Ionity chargers in southern France and as you can see below there are many chargers in construction in France and Spain. Still a bit thin on east coast of Spain but hopefully coming soon. Portugal is a bit of a white spot though unfortunately. Orange colour = under construction!
Porsche Taycan Taycan smashes Porsche sales records in Europe last month 8D8F9BC1-EDFF-4C99-A5D8-74DDEAD6DB2B

feye

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Porsche Taycan 4S+ 2020
Country flag
Yes, but the guy played silly. Buy a new car, new model, first EV, and then solely rely on the sat nav for charging. I mean, come one, under what rock did this guy live? And then he stranded in an urban area? Could he really not find a hotel room and pay extra 20 Euros and charge the car with a regular socket? No, he called the tow truck...

Porsche Taycan Taycan smashes Porsche sales records in Europe last month 1602639881466

This guy went on holiday in Italy, charging at his rental house. Funnily enough his landlord came the next day and said he cannot do this, because the local utility company called! They said they are in breach of the contract of how much power this rental house can draw... :)

feye

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Porsche Taycan 4S+ 2020
Country flag
It is still a problem on the route that the guy from Norway took. But there hs been quite a good roll out of Ionity chargers in southern France and as you can see below there are many chargers in construction in France and Spain. Still a bit thin on east coast of Spain but hopefully coming soon. Portugal is a bit of a white spot though unfortunately. Orange colour = under construction!
8D8F9BC1-EDFF-4C99-A5D8-74DDEAD6DB2B.png
Clearly can see, they focus on the rich and touristy areas of France and northern Spain.

But then, Spain is big and less populated, but has one of the longest and best high speed train network in the world.