Taycan software update - reported problems post update

Marshall

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2020 Taycan 4S; 2021 Macan S
Country flag
My dealer just emailed me. My MY20 is updated and ready for pick up!
So I just got back my 2020 after the update. Everything appeared to work when I left the dealership but as I was driving back, I noticed that I no longer have Apple CarPlay. I am waiting to hear back from the dealership as to why it is missing. Also, I had the diamond button on my steering wheel control homelink. I knew I was going to have to reprogram the homelink but at least when I pushed the diamond button the homelink screen came up. After I reprogrammed homelink, the screen no longer appears when I push the diamond button but my garage door opens when I push the diamond button. I am going to let the car go into a sleep mode and retry homelink in about an hour. No clue about CarPlay.
Sponsored

Vim Schrotnock

First Name
Vim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
GTB1 Race Cayman, Taycan Turbo S
Country flag
2020. That's what my dealer told me today and why the cancelled my updated.

My dealer told me "they don't drive off the lot anymore"

There are always stupid people who say stupid things. If you suspect everyone, you are no better.
'They don't drive off the lot anymore'. Yes, there are always stupid people who say stupid things. Perfect example.

• Haha
Reactions: Dee

TheFutre

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4s (soon), Tesla Model X (me), Tesla Model 3 (wife)
Country flag
@Marshall
I think the screen pop-up only occurs if you have multiple garages programmed

So I just got back my 2020 after the update. Everything appeared to work when I left the dealership but as I was driving back, I noticed that I no longer have Apple CarPlay. I am waiting to hear back from the dealership as to why it is missing. Also, I had the diamond button on my steering wheel control homelink. I knew I was going to have to reprogram the homelink but at least when I pushed the diamond button the homelink screen came up. After I reprogrammed homelink, the screen no longer appears when I push the diamond button but my garage door opens when I push the diamond button. I am going to let the car go into a sleep mode and retry homelink in about an hour. No clue about CarPlay.

raymort

First Name
Ray
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan Turbo 2020
Country flag

Plug your iphone in to the USB-c outlet in the console. I believe you have to perform a hardwired connection first to get it to start up.

Marshall

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2020 Taycan 4S; 2021 Macan S
Country flag
Plug your iphone in to the USB-c outlet in the console. I believe you have to perform a hardwired connection first to get it to start up.
I plugged my phone into the USB-c but that did nothing. Music played using Car Play.

feye

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Porsche Taycan 4S+ 2020
Country flag
for sure they will. As said: I only posted what my dealer told me.
And thank you for that!

I have not received any request to have the update. Since my car works ok, and since I don't expect any real improvements, I will now wait and see...

OP
OP

Benjamin

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Twingo
Country flag
First you said it was your friend, now it is the dealer. Is the dealer also your friend or did you hear this from two people.

Since people have had their cars successfully updated without getting "bricked" it sounds like the "update withdrawn" is fake news.

Maybe the dealer bricked a car and decided not to do anymore. Or maybe your friend did.
Everything is not so complicated. I have written it several times. It is simply my car. My appointment was canceled with the same reason.

Neither did I claim that it affects everyone. Nor any other things. I have only reproduced exactly what was given to me as a reason. It's funny that people now suspect fake news everywhere when they don't like a message.

But you can believe what you want, if that gives you more security in life.

As I said, I only posted exactly what describes my situation. If this is fake news for you, then that's too bad, but it doesn't change my situation.

OP
OP

Benjamin

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Twingo
Country flag
'They don't drive off the lot anymore'. Yes, there are always stupid people who say stupid things. Perfect example.
I cannot judge the intellectual abilities of my dealer's employees. I can only tell you what I was told. And why my appointment was canceled.

cd77

First Name
Christian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S ST MY24 (since Nov 23)
Country flag
That worked. Used a second location-garage and gate and everything works fine with the exception of Apple Music
After the update to my MY21 it also took two or three days until Apple Music and Apple Podcasts appeared again as icons in the „media“ tab. Then I had to link them again to my Apple-ID.

Neptune

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan Turbo S
Country flag
I cannot judge the intellectual abilities of my dealer's employees. I can only tell you what I was told. And why my appointment was canceled.
Post a picture of your car. I doubt you have one.

W1NGE

First Name
Adrian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
GTS ST, Macan T
Country flag
For Apple Music etc you may need to re-authorise your account via the Media screen in the PCM (QR code etc). My link between Porsche ID and Apple ID broke post update but after re-linking Apple Music and PodCasts all was fine.

Dee

First Name
Dee
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
A lot
The latest Taycan Update has been withdrawn because cars are bricked after the update. Told me a friend.
Benjamin, you kinda asked for this.
1. You didn't specify it was only at your dealership.
Your message implies it's about all updates worldwide and several cars are already affected.
2. You didn't mention it was just one day before 1st. of April.
3. "Told me a friend" isn't a reliable source.