TomC

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
MY2022 Taycan Turbo S
Country flag
Maybe this is just the new German way of doing things?

First, no one gets the update. Then only the under 65s get it. Then everyone gets it, only to withdraw it, but reinstate it 4 days later, before they settle that only over 60s can get it.
Sponsored

daveo4EV

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Cayenne Hybrid, 911(s) GT3/Convertable
Country flag
The latest Taycan Update has been withdrawn because cars are bricked after the update. Told me a friend.
this assertion is inconsistent with information I have from my local service dealer and Porsche NA.

Updates are proceeding at my Porsche service center with no reports of any major problems post update.

any facts beyond hearsay “told me a friend” would be appreciated.

Doc B

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan Turbo
Country flag
Just got a call from my dealer to confirm my booking for the MY 2020 update, amongst other things, for Tuesday. So, seems to still be going ahead in the UK. Or my dealer hasn’t read the stop order. Either could be true.

KensingtonPark

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2020 Porsche Taycan 4S; 2023 Audi eTron S Sportbck
Country flag
Given the OP's subsequent posts, it is at least possible that his dealer is having some kind of problem with the updates and no longer installing them. Many of the more detailed reports about the dealer experience installing these updates indicated that they had to run through a number of faults, make some change (e.g., lock the airbags, reset the air suspension), and then start the update stage again. It is definitely plausible that the dealer has consistently dealt with one of the faults in some unique way that has caused the cars that they have serviced to "brick." Many of us have received updated 2020 and 2021 cars, so we will have a better sense after some amount of driving with our cars to understand the stability of the update.

Reg

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S
Country flag
Given the OP's subsequent posts, it is at least possible that his dealer is having some kind of problem with the updates and no longer installing them.
Of course a dealer could be having trouble, poorly trained, frustrated, bad luck, whatever. But that is worlds apart from saying the update has been withdrawn because the update itself is causing a problem in the cars. "The latest Taycan Update has been withdrawn because cars are bricked after the update."

RRVV17

First Name
Richard
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan Turbo, GLS580
Country flag
Of course a dealer could be having trouble, poorly trained, frustrated, bad luck, whatever. But that is worlds apart from saying the update has been withdrawn because the update itself is causing a problem in the cars. "The latest Taycan Update has been withdrawn because cars are bricked after the update."
agree. think this is a dealer specific issue. Just picked my car up after wma5/wma7 updates over a 2 day period and everything is fine. Won't detail further here as there are other related posts.

daveo4EV

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
@Administrator should we consider deleting this thread - I"m not sure it's adding any value.

Last edited:

legataycan

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S, 981 Boxster
Country flag
Currently sitting at the dealership with a ‘bricked’ Taycan post update. By bricked I mean the PCM will not boot (but the car will drive). The car has been taken back in to see if the issue caused by the update can be resolved.

Time will tell if this is a serious issue or just a mishap at the dealer end. I’ll keep you posted but thought I should mention something before this thread is deleted.

daveo4EV

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
having an update go bad is not the same as the update being “pulled” by porsche

any problems caused by the update will be fixed by porsche under warranty

but again that’s not the same as an assertion that porsche has stopped or pulled the update from distribution

legataycan

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S, 981 Boxster
Country flag
having an update go bad is not the same as the update being “pulled” by porsche

any problems caused by the update will be fixed by porsche under warranty

but again that’s not the same as an assertion that porsche has stopped or pulled the update from distribution
Perhaps they should consider pulling it. I’ve just been notified I’m now going to be without my car for at least the 4 day weekend here in the U.K. The advice I got was very open-ended as to when I might expect to see it back.

I’ve been given a loaner but my vehicle won’t start now. Not a great experience at all.

raymort

First Name
Ray
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan Turbo 2020
Country flag
I plugged my phone into the USB-c but that did nothing. Music played using Car Play.
Did you get ACP to work?

I just picked up my car. I had the same issue as you but I figured it out.

If people are having issues, I can take pics and write up what I did in detail.

In short, went to devices where it shows the phones connected to the car. I added selected add another device (even though my device was listed) and repaired the phone's bluetooth connection. Once that was done, I pressed the bluetooth icon on the display for my phone. ACP then started working.

Doc B

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan Turbo
Country flag
Perhaps they should consider pulling it. I’ve just been notified I’m now going to be without my car for at least the 4 day weekend here in the U.K. The advice I got was very open-ended as to when I might expect to see it back.

I’ve been given a loaner but my vehicle won’t start now. Not a great experience at all.
Really sorry to hear that. I agree, not great at all. Out if interest, MY 20 or 21?

Doc B

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan Turbo
Country flag
Again, that sucks so hope they sort it out soon. Looks like issues with MY 20 and 21 then. Hoping these are isolated, but then hoped the same about the 12V batteries. Looks like Porsche using 8 year olds for their software again.

SwissTaycan

First Name
Dieter
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
4S arrived on 23.12.20 and 718 Spyder on order
Country flag
Well this thread has caused a lot of Angst out there... Feels like it will either be fine or you car gets bricked. This is akin to getting the dreaded 12V battery die on you or not...

I will know more on Tuesday when I have my appointment on a MY21.
Sponsored