Harbor_Dawg

First Name
Nate
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2017 Tesla Model S 90D; 2020 Porsche GT4; Ram 1500
Country flag
Not sure if you saw the other post but only the GTS ST has been earmarked for US market - the launch of the other variants is for Europe only.
Noted, but I tend to assume those variants will follow here in the US.
Sponsored

02bluesuperroo

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Porsche Taycan 4s
Country flag
Unfortunately NOT for us Americans , full range of ST trims not available to US customers, GTS trim only??

https://www.caranddriver.com/news/a38816530/porsche-taycan-sport-turismo-details/
Oh wow, I didn't even catch that. We all know how the europeans love the wagons but I'm sure a wagon would have done better here if it weren't for all the ugly wheel trim and lifted suspension they put on the CT. If they would have just made it like the ST to begin with I would've bought that instead.

W1NGE

First Name
Adrian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
GTS ST, Macan T
Country flag
Oh wow, I didn't even catch that. We all know how the europeans love the wagons but I'm sure a wagon would have done better here if it weren't for all the ugly wheel trim and lifted suspension they put on the CT. If they would have just made it like the ST to begin with I would've bought that instead.
You didn't like the Panamera Sport Turismo apparently so maybe the focus for now is Europe where buyers are hungrier for these over the CT.

Klepper

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Porsche
Country flag
Maybe the wheel trim, higher suspension, etc. was to make it more "SUV" like, which North Americans seem to love.

Kayone73

First Name
Ed
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Taycan CT4S, Kia Telluride EX, Tesla Model Y
Country flag
Noted, but I tend to assume those variants will follow here in the US.
We'll see IF and HOW LONG it will actually take if Porsche Germany does it at all.

Wouldn't be surprised if Taycan GTS Sport Turismo sales are too low in the US (probably due to lack of allocation slots and interest for the price point) that Porsche will decide against bringing the rest of the sport turismo trims levels here and basically focus US buyers on the CT since it is generally more of a crossover market in the US anyway.

Also the attitudes of too many US Taycan sedan owners, even in these forums are disappointing and they express no interest in a wagon to being with, especially a 6 figure luxury wagon.

Jrkennedy37

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'18 Panamera ST, '21 Taycan CT4
Country flag
You didn't like the Panamera Sport Turismo apparently so maybe the focus for now is Europe where buyers are hungrier for these over the CT.
Amen. I have mixed feelings about the reception of the PST because on one hand I’d like to see wagons succeed in the states but on the other hand I was able to get one for 25%+ off MSRP due to low demand back in 2019. With currently inflated used car prices, my same year/model is listing for what I paid three years ago.

f1eng

First Name
Frank
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan CT4S, Ferrari 355, Merc 500E, Prius PHV
Country flag
We'll see IF and HOW LONG it will actually take if Porsche Germany does it at all.

Wouldn't be surprised if Taycan GTS Sport Turismo sales are too low in the US (probably due to lack of allocation slots and interest for the price point) that Porsche will decide against bringing the rest of the sport turismo trims levels here and basically focus US buyers on the CT since it is generally more of a crossover market in the US anyway.

Also the attitudes of too many US Taycan sedan owners, even in these forums are disappointing and they express no interest in a wagon to being with, especially a 6 figure luxury wagon.
My reason for getting a CT is that my dog is my most frequent passenger so the rear door is needed.
An SUV is out because I despise them with a deep intensity :)

neilj007

First Name
Neil
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan Turbo, Macan, Renault Zoe
Country flag
Same here re the dog
I've been loaned an X3 hybrid thingy with a 2l diesel...I did joke with the service lady that were they trying to tempt me away from Porsche. I can safely say, it's not had that effect...quite the opposite

im85288

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla Model 3 Performance
Country flag
My reason for getting a CT is that my dog is my most frequent passenger so the rear door is needed.
An SUV is out because I despise them with a deep intensity :)
Exactly the same reason for me going for the ST, my dog will travel in style! Placed my order for the 4S ST yesterday and requested for the build date to be September at the earliest to assure it will be a MY23. Mamba Green with beige interior is what I’ve settled on.

The OPC are advising me to add the panoramic roof as they say for Taycans that is the key requested feature when it comes to re-sale as opposed to Sports Chrono which was the key thing on other Porsche models. I am yet to decide on that but originally left it out of my order. Lots of time to decide for sure and who knows what options will be standard come the MY23 model.

W1NGE

First Name
Adrian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
GTS ST, Macan T
Country flag
Exactly the same reason for me going for the ST, my dog will travel in style! Placed my order for the 4S ST yesterday and requested for the build date to be September at the earliest to assure it will be a MY23. Mamba Green with beige interior is what I’ve settled on.

The OPC are advising me to add the panoramic roof as they say for Taycans that is the key requested feature when it comes to re-sale as opposed to Sports Chrono which was the key thing on other Porsche models. I am yet to decide on that but originally left it out of my order. Lots of time to decide for sure and who knows what options will be standard come the MY23 model.
Nice!

Neither of these options will be standard on most trim levels - not the Porsche way. We'll be lucky if electric folding door mirrors or Lane Keep Assist become standard!
Sponsored