nickmdp

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Taycan GTS ST
Country flag
Boy does that video get me excited for some snow driving once my GTS ST gets here. Looks absolutely solid, even when drifting!

OP
OP
RAHRCR

RAHRCR

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Panamera Sport Turismo 4S
Country flag
Boy does that video get me excited for some snow driving once my GTS ST gets here. Looks absolutely solid, even when drifting!
I am honestly shocked by this level of winter weather capability. A lot can be said for the right tires but it’s obviously more than that.

Gwaihir

First Name
Ken
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan GTS ST
Country flag
So the press get to drive a turbo S Sport Turismo and we are still waiting for build confirmation on the GTS models?

OP
OP
RAHRCR

RAHRCR

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
So the press get to drive a turbo S Sport Turismo and we are still waiting for build confirmation on the GTS models?
Porsche has consistently pumped out track testing mules and media press cars to fan the flames of demand while their paying customers wait 6-12 months for their cars. It is very annoying.

They should focus as much on the buying experience as they do the driving experience and they would have an even more loyal following.

WuffvonTrips

First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan Turbo CT
Country flag
Rory: "The peak power figure...is available for 2.5 seconds during Launch Control or on the overboost...".
...I wonder whether that's just his misunderstanding or have Porsche now made a (sensible and very welcome) change?

soul.electrified

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
911 4S convertible, LX570, CT4 (pending)
Country flag
Best Taycan review to date - makes me excited to own one in Minnesota :) Was the ST4S range really increased compared to other Taycans? He speaks of 309 mls..

im85288

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla Model 3 Performance
Country flag
Best Taycan review to date - makes me excited to own one in Minnesota :) Was the ST4S range really increased compared to other Taycans? He speaks of 309 mls..
The technical details shown for the ST4S reflect this though there has been some speculation in other threads that the range has only been updated in the official figures due to the ST being a new model.

I was comparing the ST4S with standard battery vs the CT4S that has the performance battery plus and was shocked by the results:

ST4S:

Range combined
274 mile
Range combined (model range)
222 - 274 miles
Charging
Battery capacity (gross)
79.2 kWh
Battery capacity (net useable)
71.0 kWh

CT4S:

Range combined
281 mile
Range combined (model range)
241 - 281 miles
Charging
Battery capacity (gross)
93.4 kWh
Battery capacity (net useable)
83.7 kWh

There is not much in it at all and of course the ST with smaller battery is lighter/cheaper etc.

frietzak

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
None
Country flag
Think it is because better battery management and for the ST they did new official range tests. Others would also get this software update.

soul.electrified

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
911 4S convertible, LX570, CT4 (pending)
Country flag
Think it is because better battery management and for the ST they did new official range tests. Others would also get this software update.
Does that mean that EPA ratings will eventually be upgraded for the entire lineup (and could this be the 'improved battery range' that is predicted for the Macan EV)? I know, speculation...

nickmdp

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Taycan GTS ST
Country flag
Does that mean that EPA ratings will eventually be upgraded for the entire lineup (and could this be the 'improved battery range' that is predicted for the Macan EV)? I know, speculation...
It seems kinda silly, but I hope they do for the fact that too many people simply look at the spec sheet and then say "Why wouldn't you get a Model S that goes twice as far?" It's so frustrating how poorly the industry has decided to handle range estimates of new cars. Literally just tell me what the car can do cruising at 75mph maintaining ~70F in the car between 32 and 80F outside temp.

OP
OP
RAHRCR

RAHRCR

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
It seems kinda silly, but I hope they do for the fact that too many people simply look at the spec sheet and then say "Why wouldn't you get a Model S that goes twice as far?" It's so frustrating how poorly the industry has decided to handle range estimates of new cars. Literally just tell me what the car can do cruising at 75mph maintaining ~70F in the car between 32 and 80F outside temp.
Agreed. A simple methodology for efficiency is sorely needed. Some see efficiency as an indicator of value or quality. For them, the “California Camry” (Tesla) is the obvious choice. I very much value the driving experience, which puts me in the Porsche camp for the foreseeable future.

nickmdp

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Taycan GTS ST
Country flag
Agreed. A simple methodology for efficiency is sorely needed. Some see efficiency as an indicator of value or quality. For them, the “California Camry” (Tesla) is the obvious choice. I very much value the driving experience, which puts me in the Porsche camp for the foreseeable future.
The Taycan is by far the most compelling car for me at this point as well, but I think it's way too difficult to predict what the EV market might look like in even just 4 years, which would be the earliest I'd potentially be looking at something new. I expect at least half a dozen strong competitors on the horizon, including a facelift to the Taycan and the Macan.

In all seriousness, Rivian is a company that I have an eye on the most right now. If they made a crossover or hatchback with the same attention to detail and functionality as their pickup, that could be quite the vehicle.

OP
OP
RAHRCR

RAHRCR

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
The Taycan is by far the most compelling car for me at this point as well, but I think it's way too difficult to predict what the EV market might look like in even just 4 years, which would be the earliest I'd potentially be looking at something new. I expect at least half a dozen strong competitors on the horizon, including a facelift to the Taycan and the Macan.

In all seriousness, Rivian is a company that I have an eye on the most right now. If they made a crossover or hatchback with the same attention to detail and functionality as their pickup, that could be quite the vehicle.
If I had a guarantee of delivery by summer 2022, I would have ordered the R1T. Technically I can wait for a while but I can’t handle an undefined delivery…too old and crusty for that.
Sponsored