Kayone73

First Name
Ed
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Taycan CT4S, Kia Telluride EX, Tesla Model Y
Country flag
OOS Reviews going VMax in a Taycan Sport Turismo Turbo on the Autobahn, very jealous 👍🏼

Also they point out some interesting tidbits that doing max speed runs followed immediately by DC fast charging up the battery don't mix well due to limitations in thermal battery management. 🤔
Sponsored

Pivotaltrader

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
21 TTS 18 hd denali 23 bentley gt speed
Country flag
i have a tts and i can attest to a warm battery from driving it spirited for long distance. I stopped in rocklin from Walnut Creek to charge and my temp was 91 degrees, i had 30 percent battery and hit the 350kw supercharger, it had to slow down as temps hit over 100 real quick. I do not have the updated software yet for my car. I am curious to see if that will help with thermal management. The car is so incredible and stable its literally a video game on the freeway if you choose to be that guy or gal. I was in sport mode the whole time. I also had ac on eco as it was fine in the cabin. I wonder if i should have been in sport plus the whole time and that would have had better thermal managment.

bsclywilly

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
CT4
Country flag
The thing that was most interesting to me was the warning that cabin AC would be diverted to help cooling the powertrain. I wonder how new that feature is because those of us who have tracked our cars have not reported that warning before reaching peak temp and power reduction.

optik382

First Name
Fletcher
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Bolt, 2023 XC90 PHEV, 2022 Taycan Turbo CT
Country flag
The thing that was most interesting to me was the warning that cabin AC would be diverted to help cooling the powertrain. I wonder how new that feature is because those of us who have tracked our cars have not reported that warning before reaching peak temp and power reduction.
Hey Will- hope all's well. FWIW, in my TCT Turbo, I do see that message after several subsequent aggressive launches and/or spirited driving in Sport and Sport+. Particularly when it's hot outside. I've seen it maybe half a dozen times over the 4k miles I've got on my Taycan. I wonder if it's more difficult to get there in a 4 or 4S due to the balance of battery capacity to motor size.

bsclywilly

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
CT4
Country flag
Hey Will- hope all's well. FWIW, in my TCT Turbo, I do see that message after several subsequent aggressive launches and/or spirited driving in Sport and Sport+. Particularly when it's hot outside. I've seen it maybe half a dozen times over the 4k miles I've got on my Taycan. I wonder if it's more difficult to get there in a 4 or 4S due to the balance of battery capacity to motor size.
Yup, I’ve since seen it when charging in sport+ as soon as it hits 132F. Crazy you can get to max temp on the street! I think you’re right, in the 4 it is not easy to max out temps. For one, the launches are really underwhelming. Wish I had a turbo.

optik382

First Name
Fletcher
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Bolt, 2023 XC90 PHEV, 2022 Taycan Turbo CT
Country flag
Yup, I’ve since seen it when charging in sport+ as soon as it hits 132F. Crazy you can get to max temp on the street! I think you’re right, in the 4 it is not easy to max out temps. For one, the launches are really underwhelming. Wish I had a turbo.
It's really the subsequent launches that seem to do it- I am not going to crazy high speeds. Launch mode unlocks something like 670hp on the Turbo and on a 90º+ day it only takes maybe 6 of 'em! My kids freaking love it though- they don't mind the AC turning off, hah!

Cooler

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
BMW
Country flag
I just came back from Germany and drove in autobahn. It was great and i did not encounter any problems. It was hot outside ranging from 29 to 32 celcius.

SteveGTS

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla M3P, Taycan on order
Country flag
OOS Reviews going VMax in a Taycan Sport Turismo Turbo on the Autobahn, very jealous 👍🏼

Also they point out some interesting tidbits that doing max speed runs followed immediately by DC fast charging up the battery don't mix well due to limitations in thermal battery management. 🤔
I don't think I would be gesticulating or adjusting my hair at those speeds, I'd have both hands on the wheel! I guess it does show how well the car is planted at speed.

whitex

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Taycan TCT, 2024 Q8 eTron P+
Country flag
Too bad this spec is not available in the USA, I would probably go for ST Turbo with solid roof myself. Then again, even the cars theoretically available in the USA are only available in theory, so maybe it makes absolutely no difference. Over a year since first deposit for me, no allocation prospects yet, so maybe by the time I get an allocation there will be other trims available (since Porsche consolidated all allocations by trim, so all Turbo allocations can be built as sedan or CT today, so should ST Turbo allocation become available it will probably be just a Turbo allocation).

Kingske

First Name
Frank
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2020 Porsche Taycan 4S, 2024 BMW X3, 2014 BMW 3 GT
Country flag
Too bad this spec is not available in the USA, I would probably go for ST Turbo with solid roof myself. Then again, even the cars theoretically available in the USA are only available in theory, so maybe it makes absolutely no difference. Over a year since first deposit for me, no allocation prospects yet, so maybe by the time I get an allocation there will be other trims available (since Porsche consolidated all allocations by trim, so all Turbo allocations can be built as sedan or CT today, so should ST Turbo allocation become available it will probably be just a Turbo allocation).
Wow, I feel for you and the other forum members who are already waiting for more than a year...

herminal

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla model S
Country flag
Strange those waiting time in the US of A . For perspective : I placed an order in February this year and in may ( same year ) my build was already finished 😱

OT : today it was warm outside and was charging at 11kw ( deliver to car 10.2kw ) but the weird thing is there was a fan going.. I guess to cool something…

then later I was returning home ( AC was off ) and I noticed there was also a fan going 🤷‍♂️ Much harder than when Inwas charging..

never ever have I heard fans in my model S besides when supercharging…

Jrkennedy37

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'18 Panamera ST, '21 Taycan CT4
Country flag
CT4 here - with ambient temps in the 100-110 range, the car almost immediately turns the AC off in Sport+ mode, with or without spirited driving. The battery temp isn’t very high when this happens - maybe 90-92 - but the ambient temp clearly has a major impact on battery cooling and what the car expects to happen when switched to sport+.
Sponsored