Taycan Standard stereo vs Burmeister upgrade.

SHS

First Name
Stuart
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2015 Mercedes 400 CLS
Country flag
My build order is going in and Bose stereo is no longer available. My choices are the standard system or upgrade to Burmeister system. Any recommendations?
Sponsored

Jasper4S

First Name
Jasper
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4s ST
Country flag
I’m in the same situation. For me Burmester is far out of budget for an audio system, so I went for the standard system.

I would advice to go to your nearest Porsche Center and listen to your favorite music and make the decision yourself. You’ll get a lot of mixed replies in this thread is my guess

W1NGE

First Name
Adrian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
GTS ST, Macan T
Country flag
My build order is going in and Bose stereo is no longer available. My choices are the standard system or upgrade to Burmeister system. Any recommendations?
Burmester is not worth the asking price - this is a car remember - Bose is as far as you need to go if it were available.

Skier

First Name
Marc
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2020 Taycan Turbo
Country flag
Burmester is not worth the asking price - this is a car remember - Bose is as far as you need to go if it were available.
While the price for Burmester is very high I have it in my 2020 Turbo and the sound is spectacular. I wear hearing aids and I can't make out the words in my wifes BMW with Bose but in my car its clear as crystal.

Genau

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2020 Taycan 4S
Country flag
Reactions: SHS

Genau

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2020 Taycan 4S
Country flag

Archimedes

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Taycan 4S
Country flag
Porsche’s base radio is utter garbage. I couldn’t imagine buying a $150k car with audio that horrible. If Burmester is the only option, I’d spec it.

Reactions: SHS

f1eng

First Name
Frank
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan CT4S, Ferrari 355, Merc 500E, Prius PHV
Country flag
A car is not a suitable environment for the sort of wide dynamic range, wide frequency range music I mainly listen to so, having burned my wallet badly trying to get something that can reproduce it in a car I did a few sums, decided nobody had repealed the laws of physics and accepted it wasn't possible :)
I usually only put music on in my car on a long journey with passengers and stick to music with little dynamic range so it can all be heard but for me the Burmester was far more than I would be prepared to pay for occasional use. I did spec Bose but dropped it to avoid delivery delay - which didn't work because the 12V battery wasn't available either.

I think it depends on how much you listen to music in your car and how important it is to you and also whether the music you enjoy has a lot of difference between quiet and loud bits

Fish Fingers

First Name
Ian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan RWD
Country flag
Someone on here went to try the base system at the dealer very recently as they couldn't get Bose.
They said it was perfectly good for their use.

A lot depends on what you expect/want.

For Frank (assume classical music/talk radio? and high end home hifi) he's stated it's mostly pointless in a car.

But if you like say dance music then the extra bass can be useful (I have more than a passing interest in Soulful House music) but don't have it loud in the car, as I feel safer driving with it just in the background. But I will listen to anything from opera to talk radio.
My primary listening in the Taycan is Internet radio (quick plug for Solar Radio 😁) which is poor dynamically anyway.

However, the member above with hearing aids says Burmester is great as he can hear it clearly.

Like with most things, everyone's circumstances vary.
Pays your money - takes your choice (unless you cant get your choice currently!)

Reactions: B61

WRC_1S

First Name
Wayne
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Porsche Taycan RWD, 1969 911t
Country flag
As others have said depends if you are an avid music listener. I mainly listen to radio, podcasts and sports in the car so went with standard. Works for me. Its pretty crap for music quality though. And I lease my 22 RWD so didn't need to worry about resale value. Shame Bose isn't available now as I'd spec that next time.

AlexR

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan Turbo (on order), BMW X5, Golf GTE
Country flag
It's a very decent 8/10 system (one in Panamera was 10/10) that brings me joy everyday, especially with certain tracks that feel crisper and more vibrant than real life. You don't need to be an audiophile (whatever that is) to appreciate it. But if you are like my in laws who only listen to talk radio, then clearly don't spec it. Otherwise if you can afford it, you'll never regret it.

mcr21

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S
Country flag
Have only use the Bose system and would not be happy with anything less. While not perfect it has good clarity and enough base.

Redhot2474

First Name
Marc
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan GTS
Country flag
If you have more $ than you know what to do with , get the Burmeister…….otherwise, it’s not a living room.

Torv

First Name
Torv
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S
Country flag
At $7000 the Burmester is unconscionably and obscenely overpriced. The Bose is more than adequate and it’s weird that it’s unavailable even though it remains an option on the configurator at least here in the US.

I agree the Taycan is not a living room, and if I were faced with this dilemma I’d frankly be torn and pissed at the audiophile gun to my head. Through gritted teeth, I would probably option the Burmester as I would obsess over the stereo for as long as I owned the car and rationalize that the $7K reaming I’m receiving works out to about $60/mo in a higher payment (assuming your financing this car). It’s definitely messed up that Porsche is screwing the customer over on this option, especially considering that it was a $5600 option not too long ago.
Sponsored