Johnny73

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan Turbo ( on order ), BMW 740D M Sport ( current ), BMW M6 Gran Coupe ( previous )
Country flag
Been patiently waiting for my Taycan Turbo delivery date which had been looking like the 1st March, only now to be told that my Taycan is one of 15 vehicles coming into the UK under what Porsche apparently call a STOP CAMPAIGN as has have been identified as having a fault and cannot be delivered to me until the dealer has rectified the fault.

Dealer is saying they don't know what the fault is as yet so cannot estimate how long to resolve.

Any fellow forum members ever heard or had any experience of this? It's also un-nerved me slightly that the car is being delivered to the dealer with a known fault.

Appreciate any thoughts or experiences.
Sponsored

Taycanturbolondon

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan Turbo
Country flag
This happened around late November to a few members who even took delivery and had their car taken away within minutes.

I would not worry, i had teething trouble with my car, but honestly once you drive it, you will love it

Taycanrati

First Name
Ron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Cherry Metallic Taycan Turbo
Country flag
I have same issue here in California. Dealership says my vehicle is on ‘stop sale’ due to faulty inverter. Porsche will not even deliver new parts until March 19. So much for waiting patiently for months and months.

OP
OP

Johnny73

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan Turbo ( on order ), BMW 740D M Sport ( current ), BMW M6 Gran Coupe ( previous )
Country flag
This happened around late November to a few members who even took delivery and had their car taken away within minutes.

I would not worry, i had teething trouble with my car, but honestly once you drive it, you will love it

Thanks, feel a bit more comfy reading your post. Been patiently waiting since Sept so another week or two won't be the end of the world!

OP
OP

Johnny73

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
I have same issue here in California. Dealership says my vehicle is on ‘stop sale’ due to faulty inverter. Porsche will not even deliver new parts until March 19. So much for waiting patiently for months and months.
So you're now sat waiting until 19th March at the earliest? Crikey, I was thinking maybe a week or two. Is that ( inverter ) the 150 kW DC option you're waiting on?

Taycanrati

First Name
Ron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Cherry Metallic Taycan Turbo
Country flag
So you're now sat waiting until 19th March at the earliest? Crikey, I was thinking maybe a week or two. Is that ( inverter ) the 150 kW DC option you're waiting on?
The’ high power one’. I think that they have two.
Regardless. March 19 is the first available date for the board. Who knows how much longer it will take for dealerships..

andrewket

First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
21 Taycan Turbo, Tesla Y*2; Prev S,X,3,996TT
Country flag
The inverter converts DC from the pack to AC that the motors use. That can‘t be easy to access. Ugh. Sorry to all whom are impacted.

TurkishTaycan

First Name
Umut Can
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Porsche Taycan Turbo S
Country flag
my dealer told me last week that they recieved an alert from porsche germany, specific to my vehicle in turkey, that my car has faulty front and back traverses. They said they need to replace both. I researched it and learned that travers is an important part of the structure of the chassis. I requested a new taycan turbo s from them. Changing a new cars chassis components for a factory related fault is not acceptable to me!

chrisk

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2020 Taycan 4S
Country flag
If you haven't paid for the specific car, why would you accept it instead of buying another one?

schwar

First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan Turbo MY21
Country flag
My car (Taycan Turbo) has been sitting at the docks at Sheerness since the 12th of Feb and still hasn't made it to the dealer. Not been waiting as long as @Johnny73 as I ordered mid-Dec.

Last weekend was meant to be my collection date, but there is still no sign of the car at the dealer (Colchester), and they don't seem to know when it'll appear. Now it kind of sounds like there might be another delay once it finally gets to them?

epirali

First Name
Edmund
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
RS Etron GT, Jaguar I-Pace, BMW i8, ex Taycan TTS
Country flag
Don’t worry about it at all, there are more pre delivery repairs, mods or TSBs than most people are aware of. Specially in first year of production. It should make you feel better its caught from quality control and testing.

I mean Tesla takes this to a whole new level, they will actually release cars to customers knowing the service centers will have to do major work later on.

:rolleyes:

HigherLevel

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla M3P, Porsche Macan S, 2021 Taycan Turbo S (Jan 21)
Country flag
Don’t worry about it at all, there are more pre delivery repairs, mods or TSBs than most people are aware of. Specially in first year of production. It should make you feel better its caught from quality control and testing.

I mean Tesla takes this to a whole new level, they will actually release cars to customers knowing the service centers will have to do major work later on.

:rolleyes:
For all of Tesla's faults, Porsche sure does have a lot of quality issues for supposedly better build quality. I kinda get the impression that Porsche has really nice looking interiors, which give the impression of quality, but reliability on the Taycan might not even be as good as a Model 3.

FWIW, I've had my model 3 for 2 years. Only 1 small issue with the turn signal 3-flash function. I've had my Taycan Turbo S for a couple of months, and SiriusXM is totally disabled. Apparently a known problem, but they delivered the car w/o fixing. In fact, on delivery day the entire infotainment system froze up and required a hard restart with a tech. On a Tesla, you press 2 buttons and restart the computer yourself.

Porsche makes great driving cars, but they do not have an edge on Tesla in many other departments.

KensingtonPark

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2020 Porsche Taycan 4S; 2023 Audi eTron S Sportbck
Country flag
For all of Tesla's faults, Porsche sure does have a lot of quality issues for supposedly better build quality. I kinda get the impression that Porsche has really nice looking interiors, which give the impression of quality, but reliability on the Taycan might not even be as good as a Model 3.
So I will note that Tesla with its first models had very similar issues than the ones that Porsche is having today. I have had similar experiences with both (and others).

daveo4EV

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Cayenne Hybrid, 911(s) GT3/Convertable
Country flag
I agree - but I have to say the “porsche community” assured me for the past 3 years that Porsche was differernt/better and would never stoop to shipping products with the sorts of problems Tesla had…

well [ahem] I believe we can put that fantasy to rest.
Sponsored