Taycan Technician Shortage of Vancouver BC area

Rainforest

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla Model X, Tesla Model 3 LR
Country flag
Coming back in perfect condition, that is a relief. Sorry about your Tesla.
My friends who drive Tesla, they shared their service experiences regarding quality, panel gaps, experiencing weird sensor issues, mobile services, maybe they were pretending the service is good to me, because I have Taycan haha.
I don't want to say too much, but trust me, the last thing you want to do is pay a visit to the Tesla service centre. I just came back from my Porsche service, and I was amazed that a human being spoke to me.
Sponsored

OP
OP
Shawnwama

Shawnwama

First Name
Shawn
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S - Frozen Berry, BMW X1 (F48)
Country flag
I just received my Taycan, as I posted here, dropped my Taycan off a week ago. Seemed they started looking my car yesterday, the reason why I know is I got some notifications from My Porsche app.

They have done the software update, now I have coloured icons, and faster PCM. However, AC didn't get repaired. They ordered parts from Germany, it takes a few weeks to be delivered here, and the following appointment is scheduled Oct 4th. (2 months from now) Literally, I am driving my car without AC whole summer 🙄. Nice job, Porsche. Luckily the summer is leaving from Vancouver in a few week. but still, I have no climate control, I need to drink all the pollution from other ICE cars.

They said it is safe to drive. yes, of course.

Here is the update of my service journey. (91~93 days of AC repair journey)
June 29th, 2022
- My family came from overseas and gave my X1 to them. (no spare car available)
- I realized Taycan AC is not working.

July 5th, 2022
- I scheduled an appointment from Vancouver centre, the earliest day was July 29th (Langley service department told me in Sept is earliest)

July 14th, 2022
- complained the situation about the long wait time, no loaner car, trying to get rental car, but I was told that they can't provide.

July 29th, 2022
- dropped my Taycan off, they checked AC unit, found no issue, released the same day, and I was told to drop off my Taycan in Aug 2nd.

Aug 2nd, 2022
- dropped my Taycan off again, I was told there is no ETA. started complaining about "No ETA" and tried to get rental car, no luck.

Aug 8th, 2022
- realized they are finally taking a look my car, because MyPorsche app sent notification about "Climate/Charging Error". became privacy mode.

Aug 9th, 2022 (35 day passed from the first contact)
- I was asking the progress to my advisor via message, no respond, made several phones, finally contacted and he said it may available today without AC fix. and pick up.
- I was told they need to replace parts "High Voltage Converter for AC", need to order from Germany, and takes a few weeks.
- Earliest available appointment is Oct 4th.
- I was also told that certified Taycan engineers only works Monday and Tuesday.

Oct 4th, 2022 (91 days from the first contact)
- scheduled to drop off my Taycan

Oct 6th, 2022
- maybe pick up this day.
Good luck, the victim may be you next time.
I hope all your Taycan don't need to get serviced.

Last edited:

NormF

First Name
Norm
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan Turbo, 911 Targa 4S, MachE
Country flag
I also have my car serviced at Porsche Center Vancouver and my experience has been similar. The service advisor is great, however it takes forever to get an appointment and they never have replacement cars. Replacement parts come from Germany and that takes a long time. I recently booked an appointment for the latest big software upgrade and they couldn’t get me in for 6 weeks.
Sponsored