Taycan Turbo 2021 spec many issues similar to other posts. Do you think a joint effort may help get answers out of Porsche?

Cybercat2021

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Porsche Taycan
Country flag
Sadly like you all I have issues. I have a 2021 spec Taycan Turbo that has not had one single issue free day. It’s currently with the dealership and looking like a buy back is their only option. I love the car and was looking forward to having a state of the art technologically advanced vehicle but it’s anything but.

It’s a total nightmare re the functions on demand not working, secondary user not working, no mobile connectivity and no home Wi-fi connectivity option although in the manual.

I have a ticket open with Porsche AG for 50 days now, they simply have no answers. We were left in limbo for ages so insisted on a courtesy car and the dealer collect it. I’ve never experienced anything like this and it’s crazy that Porsche can release such faulty systems and then offer no support.

I’ve read forum after forum of similar issues and I feel we should all get together to try and force a joint response.

I want to give them another chance, get a rebuilt Taycan, but the odds for trouble free motoring appear stacked against me.

Does anyone know of any country where the Taycan can connect to an external Wi-fi? This was a vital part of the sales process for our purchase, we live in a dead zone for mobile signal so invested in setting up Wi-fi for the the garage only to find we have been mis-sold and the car has no option to do this. Porsche even told us to refer to the manual lol, we did and now they won’t confirm in writing the option is not available. A true case of false advertising and selling.

If no country can do it then how can it be a feature?

We purchased innodrive and active lane assist on FOD but function on demand doesn’t work??? We drive to a high mobile signal location and the little whirring circle just spins and no download happens, even the dealer cannot get it to do it.

How will I know important updates are available and have actually completed?

In my purchase history on Porsche website it shows innodrive and active lane are paid for but not available. It says you cannot currently use this service as activation has not been completed.

We now have no connection to the car via the App and When we did it says not connected to the PCM

Basically we cannot use any of the features, no pre warming etc as no connection to the car at home (no Wi-fi connectivity) and I’m at a loss sadly.

Thoughts on next steps? Here to help if I get any resolve. I really think a collated complaint (like a class action) will get results, it simply has too if Porsche care about their brand reputation and its customers
Sponsored

OP
OP

Cybercat2021

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Porsche Taycan
Country flag
WiFi connectivity is for Russia only.
Ty, That’s crazy and not what our dealership told us, we specifically asked the question re updates as we live in an area with no mobile signal. Do you have any idea why only Russia? Interestingly Porsche UK and the dealer have not mentioned this since our open ticket.

NC_Taycan

First Name
Lewis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'12 Tesla Model S P85, '17 Cayenne S, '20 Taycan Turbo
Country flag
While not a solution, you could try a cellular signal extender. You would need someone to confirm the cell network the OTA module and PCM use - could be Vodafone, could be someone else. Whomever it is, they should have a thing you can buy or rent that will backhaul their service over your home internet - essentially giving you a little cell tower in your home / garage. This might address some of your problems - though I can't say it WILL for CERTAIN address any of them.

Reactions: dan

mikeyyn

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S. BMW X5, Golf GTi,
Country flag
While not a solution, you could try a cellular signal extender. You would need someone to confirm the cell network the OTA module and PCM use - could be Vodafone, could be someone else. Whomever it is, they should have a thing you can buy or rent that will backhaul their service over your home internet - essentially giving you a little cell tower in your home / garage. This might address some of your problems - though I can't say it WILL for CERTAIN address any of them.
Vodaphone did sell an extender but have discontinued it as “most devices have WiFi calling”. Hmm.

daveo4EV

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Cayenne Hybrid, 911(s) GT3/Convertable
Country flag
Porsche services wifi/celluar and the softwarse integration is terrible, buggy and will not be any good for years to come - this should surprise _NO ONE_ as Porsche has zero demonstrated track record in this space and this highlights the problems for the analog car companies - EV’s are a digital platform demanding vertical integration wiht complex cloud/telecommunications/software systems - this is _NOT_ something the germans have spent 100‘s of years perfecting…in fact it is ALL new to them - and it’s hard stuff to get right.

if you want a modern EV that excels with software integration and apps, and clouds - Get a Tesla

if you want a great automobile with crappy techology integration get a Taycan - as a car it’s great and leverages Prosche’s 100’s of years of mechanical excellence - but as a software platform it’s really really substandard and their attempts at software integration show their lack of experience and investment.

Last edited:
OP
OP

Cybercat2021

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Porsche Taycan
Country flag
Not an option, we have looked at all options to get mobile but it’s too far away, no masts to bounce from. We use a Vodafone sure signal box to get text messages and 3G that’s not over Wi-fi so another option maybe is get the sim phone number from the car sim and register to the Vida phone sure signal to see if it then views the connection as cellular

W1NGE

First Name
Adrian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
GTS ST, Macan T
Country flag
Alas, this is covered in the Porsche Good To know app which folks need to read (do not rely on the dealer for knowledge at this level).

Doc B

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan Turbo
Country flag
If your dealer specifically told you that the car can connect to wifi, and it is important to you (it clearly is), I would have thought that’s a misrepresentation you could claim on if you really wanted to push it...

Mwa3aan

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Ford F-150 Raptor, Porsche Taycan Turbo
Country flag
@Cybercat2021 good luck thinking voicing your frustration here is going to help. Other than it being a vent, nothing will change. I went down the same path.

You will get some sympathetic responses. You will get the “it drives like a porsche stop complaining” responses. you will get the “wow so surprised!! I have never had any of these issues” responses,. you might get a couple of “try this or that to resolve your issues, like buying a long network cable running it to the nearby internet coffee shop or buy a cell booster and if you stand on your right foot and swipe you other hand Porsche connect might work once”. You might even get one specific guy on these threads treating you like a complete idiot for even thinking your Taycan isn’t the most amazing thing ever created in motor vehicle history.

Anyway, unfortunately if you bought it for any reason other than how it drives you will have to give it back. It will rattle, disconnect, sometimes die overnight, forget your personal settings, and who knows what else.

But in the end, when you slam the “gas” pedal down and rip it onto a corner it will stick like nothing else out there and your stomach will flip, your eyes will slam into the back of your head and the only evidence of all of that happening a few seconds later might be in your underwear....

Enjoy that tremendously because it sure is incredible, but that’s It. Maybe it’s enough, if its not, give it back.

This isnt a technical software marvelous adventure. But it sure does drives like a Porsche.

OP
OP

Cybercat2021

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Porsche Taycan
Country flag
@Cybercat2021 good luck thinking voicing your frustration here is going to help. Other than it being a vent, nothing will change. I went down the same path.

You will get some sympathetic responses. You will get the “it drives like a porsche stop complaining” responses. you will get the “wow so surprised!! I have never had any of these issues” responses,. you might get a couple of “try this or that to resolve your issues, like buying a long network cable running it to the nearby internet coffee shop or buy a cell booster and if you stand on your right foot and swipe you other hand Porsche connect might work once”. You might even get one specific guy on these threads treating you like a complete idiot for even thinking your Taycan isn’t the most amazing thing ever created in motor vehicle history.

Anyway, unfortunately if you bought it for any reason other than how it drives you will have to give it back. It will rattle, disconnect, sometimes die overnight, forget your personal settings, and who knows what else.

But in the end, when you slam the “gas” pedal down and rip it onto a corner it will stick like nothing else out there and your stomach will flip, your eyes will slam into the back of your head and the only evidence of all of that happening a few seconds later might be in your underwear....

Enjoy that tremendously because it sure is incredible, but that’s It. Maybe it’s enough, if its not, give it back.

This isnt a technical software marvelous adventure. But it sure does drives like a Porsche.
perfectly said ? ty

Taycanturbolondon

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan Turbo
Country flag
Sadly like you all I have issues. I have a 2021 spec Taycan Turbo that has not had one single issue free day. It’s currently with the dealership and looking like a buy back is their only option. I love the car and was looking forward to having a state of the art technologically advanced vehicle but it’s anything but.

It’s a total nightmare re the functions on demand not working, secondary user not working, no mobile connectivity and no home Wi-fi connectivity option although in the manual.

I have a ticket open with Porsche AG for 50 days now, they simply have no answers. We were left in limbo for ages so insisted on a courtesy car and the dealer collect it. I’ve never experienced anything like this and it’s crazy that Porsche can release such faulty systems and then offer no support.

I’ve read forum after forum of similar issues and I feel we should all get together to try and force a joint response.

I want to give them another chance, get a rebuilt Taycan, but the odds for trouble free motoring appear stacked against me.

Does anyone know of any country where the Taycan can connect to an external Wi-fi? This was a vital part of the sales process for our purchase, we live in a dead zone for mobile signal so invested in setting up Wi-fi for the the garage only to find we have been mis-sold and the car has no option to do this. Porsche even told us to refer to the manual lol, we did and now they won’t confirm in writing the option is not available. A true case of false advertising and selling.

If no country can do it then how can it be a feature?

We purchased innodrive and active lane assist on FOD but function on demand doesn’t work??? We drive to a high mobile signal location and the little whirring circle just spins and no download happens, even the dealer cannot get it to do it.

How will I know important updates are available and have actually completed?

In my purchase history on Porsche website it shows innodrive and active lane are paid for but not available. It says you cannot currently use this service as activation has not been completed.

We now have no connection to the car via the App and When we did it says not connected to the PCM

Basically we cannot use any of the features, no pre warming etc as no connection to the car at home (no Wi-fi connectivity) and I’m at a loss sadly.

Thoughts on next steps? Here to help if I get any resolve. I really think a collated complaint (like a class action) will get results, it simply has too if Porsche care about their brand reputation and its customers
Sounds like your car is stuck in theft mode, ask them to change the tracker module

WES

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan TS, Cayman S, BYD EV, Buick Van, Toyota Van
Country flag
I cannot get any cellular service in my garage. Except maybe “E”. Porsche should allow connection to WiFi. If security is an issue, they could they you the charger as a bridge / hotspot for the car. It can connect to WiFi. And the car can connect via the cable. Also I noticed the cars internal hotspot is set at low data mode.

tigerbalm

First Name
Damien
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan Turbo S, Fiat 500 EV
Country flag
If you have a Vodafone SureSignal box then it might be worth trying to connect the ESIM from the car to it. You can confirm what network its using by going to:

Devices -> Clicking on the three dots (highlighted) -> Data Connection Settings -> integrated SIM card status.

Here is mine:

Porsche Taycan Taycan Turbo 2021 spec many issues similar to other posts. Do you think a joint effort may help get answers out of Porsche? IMG_0087

Porsche Taycan Taycan Turbo 2021 spec many issues similar to other posts. Do you think a joint effort may help get answers out of Porsche? IMG_0088

Confirming at least in Ireland - its using Vodafone.

You can find out the IMEI number of the car from the same menu - which should help you register it on your SureSignal router:

Porsche Taycan Taycan Turbo 2021 spec many issues similar to other posts. Do you think a joint effort may help get answers out of Porsche? IMG_0086

I have a similar issue in that my underground car park has no wifi or GSM/3G/4G signal - however, I am in the process of installing a repeater station – as I do have good signal up at ground level:

Porsche Taycan Taycan Turbo 2021 spec many issues similar to other posts. Do you think a joint effort may help get answers out of Porsche? IMG_0056

Dan3141

First Name
Dejan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2020Taycan 4S
Country flag
Reach out to CEO of Porsche. Response follows very quickly then. I got blown off by an idiot at the dealer for a while before I went to the HQ.
Sponsored